Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-29-2009, 07:57 AM
Registered Member

My Name is on www.wedeclare.org

I see our fellow card carring UPCI pastor has wrote a scathing opinion of us.

I am one of the two founders of Wordshare.us

In relationship to www.wedeclare.org

I would like to claim the ownership of the desire, design and intent of the site, we were invited to the party.

A very good friend of mine invited us to the party.

Our intent was simply to state that we believe the UPC needs to stay a holiness movement. This accusation of power, fame and money hunger is unfounded.

I just wanted to post my awareness of our condemnation. I don't expect this site to like our website. I don't expect you to respect us on any level.

Our intent is for the UPC to remain an organization made of Churches and Ministry that maintains our traditional holiness stands.

Of course that makes us mean, evil, tyrants.

And of course that is what it has to be.

Why would anyone stay in the UPC if they so hate, defame and denigrate the very essense of what the UPC is.

In addition, these things are your Mothers, Grandmothers, and the very image of people who have done so many wonderful things.

Thanks Ed. Thanks AFF for being true to yourselves.

How Important is Holiness?

www.fullproof.us
Old 09-29-2009, 08:07 AM
Beautiful are the feet......

Re: My Name is on www.wedeclare.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabear View Post
Why would anyone stay in the UPC if they so hate, defame and denigrate the very essense of what the UPC is.

The very essence of the UPC is their cultural "look"?

I thought the essence of the UPC from the beginning in 1945 was:

1. Oneness doctrine
2. Baptism in Jesus name
3. Baptism of the Holy Ghost evidenced by tongues
4. Unity
Old 09-29-2009, 08:08 AM
Not riding the train

Could you please explain the "principle" behind Deut 22:5?

I am reading the passage and noticing that it is an abomination for a man to put on a woman's garment.

It has always been an oddity in society for a man to dress as a woman. He, normally, tends to be a homosexual.

If it is an oddity and an abomination for a man to wear a woman's garment in Deut 22:5, I have to think, to stay in context, that the women in that passage, on wearing a man's apparel, is in that same frame of mind.

What, therefore, would be the "principle" without taking the passage out of context? Is the principle that either gender will lead to homosexuality? Further the homosexual mentality? Because I think that before they changed wardrobes, something was going on in the heart. The wardrobe was only the outer expression of what was going on in the heart, IMO.

Perhaps you could explain that further.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:09 AM
Registered Member

5. Holiness

It has always been a part and parcel of our essence. Not exclusive to, but it has been our identity.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:11 AM
Registered Member

I am not here to discuss or defend. I simply came here to let the Edler know I appreciated his kind and Christ like feelings toward us to be revealed to his kindred spirits.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:12 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
I am not here to discuss or defend. I simply came here to let the Edler know I appreciated his kind and Christ like feelings toward us to be revealed to his kindred spirits.
So, you are saying that you are not going to address my question? I would think that a teacher of the Word would want to, out of love, show someone the error of their thinking. Wouldn't you?
Old 09-29-2009, 08:15 AM
Registered Member

Papabear - do you believe that properly interpreted, or whatever the new wording is (principle of the verse) Deut 22:5 is prohibitive of women wearing pants? Have you read the Hebrew for that scripture? Being honest, can you really say it has to do with women wearing pants? You couldn't, because it doesn't. It's a lie to say the scripture does have to do with pants on women.

Would you agree with one who takes one scripture from a connected list and applies only the one scripture and ignores the rest as nonrelevant?

Where in the Bible do you find support for the statement on so-called Biblical modesty including being against women in short skirts, mini skirts, sleeveless dresses, etc ...

I find your declaration (of war) in direct contrast to the Articles of Faith of the UPC.

But thank you, it's good to have a list of those who don't properly interpret scripture, are intellectually dishonest, and who continue propogating the lies contrary to the Word of God.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:16 AM
Registered Member

Oh I am a teacher that loves the word and people. Don't make a rule of casting my pearls though.

I am on the road to the great convention in St. Louis. I have not been here in a number of months and won't be back for a while.

You all can now rend, chew and mangle me ....
Old 09-29-2009, 08:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
So, you are saying that you are not going to address my question? I would think that a teacher of the Word would want to, out of love, show someone the error of their thinking. Wouldn't you?
Of course he wouldn't address it, because deep down he knows they're wrong on Deut 22:5. Any true minister who studies the Word knows that Deut 22:5 does NOT deal with pants on women.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:19 AM
the ultracon

Quote:
5. Holiness

It has always been a part and parcel of our essence. Not exclusive to, but it has been our identity.
I find it amzing how quick things that are written in stone, so to speak change, Scott
Yeterday the article that over 300 men signed was, without aprising the over threre hundred men that signed, you folks changed what they had signed.

what will you change or add next without aprising those that signed that you have changed what they signed.

THIS IS NOT RIGHT TO DO THIS.

This is how it originally read...

4. Deuteronomy 22:5, properly interpreted, is a forbiddance of pants or other bifurcated garments on women and skirts on men.

And this is how it reads after they edited it today.

4. Deuteronomy 22:5, when the principle of this passage is properly applied, women should wear dresses and men should wear pants. (edited 9/28/09 WeDeclare.org)