Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Information Station
Facebook

Notices

The Information Station A help forum with answers to frequently asked questions - includes our Forum Rules and updates or announcements from the Admin Team.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:33 PM
Registered Member

Adobe Photoshop CS5

Just ordered it!

I have to say that Adobe, is a company right up there with General Electric/Oracle/Charter Communications/Apple -all of which is two steps removed from Satan himself, as far as how they treat customers and their desire to control the end users BUT their Photoshop software is the best in the world. I own CS2 and decided to take the plunge on CS5 (which was JUST released) when I saw how cheap I could get it as an educator. $198 versus $999 for the Extended version.

I will let you know what I think about it when it finally arrives.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Registered Member

Re: Adobe Photoshop CS5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
Just ordered it!

I have to say that Adobe, is a company right up there with General Electric/Oracle/Charter Communications/Apple -all of which is two steps removed from Satan himself, as far as how they treat customers and their desire to control the end users BUT their Photoshop software is the best in the world. I own CS2 and decided to take the plunge on CS5 (which was JUST released) when I saw how cheap I could get it as an educator. $198 versus $999 for the Extended version.

Be careful RandyWayne! It can get you in trouble fast!

Example....

I took a picture of my wife, (and at our age you pick up a few wrinkles along the way), and took out some of the wrinkles, smoothing things a bit.

Called her in to show her my work, my expertise! First thing she said was, "Hummm, sure looking old!"

I responded, "You should have seen it before I worked on it!"

I slept on the couch that night. j/k

BeenThinkin

LIFE: Some days you're the dog and some days you're the hydrant!

I have ... Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia! The fear of long words.

"Prediction is very hard, especially about the future." - Yogi Berra

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave in reflection." - Thomas Paine
Old 05-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Beautiful are the feet......

Quote:
Just ordered it!

I have CS4 and I love it!
Old 05-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Steinway View Post
I have CS4 and I love it!
I used a trial version of CS4 (which subsequently screwed up my computer do to the insidious DRM Adobe uses) but LOVED a couple of the features on it dealing with controlling color in ways that CS2 cannot. I am really excited about the "Content Aware" fill function.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Accepts all friends requests

I've been using CS2 - but a version without the Acrobat PDF creator. I've been using an... *ahem! ... "evaluation copy" of Acrobat.

But, I have repented. I've got a new laptop on the way with Acrobat and Essentials on it. I went ahead and got the "newbie" Essentials package of Photoshop. It was less than $100 bucks - which is more than I saved by not pulling the trigger on the Alienware laptop that I really wanted.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
I've been using CS2 - but a version without the Acrobat PDF creator. I've been using an... *ahem! ... "evaluation copy" of Acrobat.

But, I have repented. I've got a new laptop on the way with Acrobat and Essentials on it. I went ahead and got the "newbie" Essentials package of Photoshop. It was less than $100 bucks - which is more than I saved by not pulling the trigger on the Alienware laptop that I really wanted.
So you got Elements.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:46 AM
*sigh*

I downloaded the CS5 Master Collection trial though the big 4 I use is Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, Currently have CS3 for ID, IL and PS + Dreamweaver CS4

If I pull the switch on the CS5 upgrade it may only be for indesign because of the ability to export ePub format.

Dreamweaver CS5 presumably has enhance support cor CMS's like Joomla, which I use a lot, but until I find how much HTML5/CSS3 support is built in I don't know if I will spend the cabbage.

My Countdown Counting down to: End of the World
It's all over, fat lady done sang...

Last edited by John Atkinson; 05-03-2010 at 09:49 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Atkinson View Post
I downloaded the CS5 Master Collection trial though the big 4 I use is Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, Currently have CS3 for ID, IL and PS + Dreamweaver CS4

If I pull the switch on the CS5 upgrade it may only be for indesign because of the ability to export ePub format.

Dreamweaver CS5 presumably has enhance support cor CMS's like Joomla, which I use a lot, but until I find how much HTML5/CSS3 support is built in I don't know if I will spend the cabbage.
Isn't this the collection that goes for 2500 buckeroos?
Old 05-03-2010, 11:05 AM
*sigh*

Quote:
Isn't this the collection that goes for 2500 buckeroos?
Yeppers. Though I could downsize it to around 1800 because I have no use for Premiere or after effects lol.

Actually, the upgrade price for InDesign is 200.00 and the same fr dreamweaver.INDesign wiilll probably be my only upgrade, unless the Dreamweaver trial REALLY impresses me with Joomla.

My Countdown Counting down to: End of the World
It's all over, fat lady done sang...
Old 05-03-2010, 11:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Atkinson View Post
Yeppers. Though I could downsize it to around 1800 because I have no use for Premiere or after effects lol.

Actually, the upgrade price for InDesign is 200.00 and the same fr dreamweaver.INDesign wiilll probably be my only upgrade, unless the Dreamweaver trial REALLY impresses me with Joomla.
I tried the upgrade route with Photoshop already when I bought the CS4 (from CS2) one. Apparently the upgrades for individual products do not work when trying to upgrade a suite -even just the program in question. It took over 6 months to get my refund. I really cannot stand Adobe as a company..... They just make some of, if not THE best, media creation software bar none.