Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 05-23-2017, 12:35 PM
Banned

Trump & The Holocaust Memorial Guestbook

President Donald Trump’s written message in a guestbook at Israel’s main Holocaust memorial and museum is causing quite the stir.
“It is a great honor to be here with all of my friends – so amazing + will never forget!”
Trump wrote this during his visit to Yad Vashem in Jerusalem, today. You can see exactly what he wrote in the picture below.

People are responding quite negatively to this message and rightly so. Raoul Wootliff, a reporter for the right-wing Times of Israel, posted on Twitter,
“He forgot: ‘See you next summer.’”
My question is, why are you talking about your friends at this memorial? And more importantly, there is nothing "amazing" about any memorial, particularly one about the Holocaust. This is something you’d expect a child to accidentally write because they didn’t know better.

When Former President Barack Obama visited Yad Vashem in 2008, he wrote a significantly different and more apprpriate message in the book.
“I am grateful to Yad Vashem and all of those responsible for this remarkable institution. At a time of great peril and promise, war and strife, we are blessed to have such a powerful reminder of man’s potential for great evil, but also our capacity to rise up from tragedy and remake our world. Let our children come here, and know this history, so that they can add their voices to proclaim ‘never again.’ And may we remember those who perished, not only as victims, but also as individuals who helped and loved and dreamed like us, and who have become symbols of the human spirit.”
Hillary Clinton also went to the Holocaust memorial as secretary of state in March 2009 and wrote the message below.
“Yad Vashem is a testament to the power of truth in the face of denial, the resilience of the human spirit in the face of despair, the triumph of the Jewish people over murder and destruction and a reminder to all people that the lessons of the Holocaust must never be forgotten. God bless Israel and its future.”
I'm thinking anyone who knows anything about Trump knows that he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. Frankly, the man is downright stupid. So, the fact that he signed it like a high school year book shouldn't surprise us. In fact, we should all applaud him and praise him for not signing it in crayon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trump-holacaust-guestbook-3.jpg (70.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 05-23-2017, 01:13 PM
Registered Member

Re: Trump & The Holocaust Memorial Guestbook

#FakeOutrage

Last edited by n david; 05-23-2017 at 01:16 PM.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:21 PM
Resident Organist

Why don't you tell us what you really think, Aquila. Almost an hour and no posts!
So, here's one.
The treatment by the American mainstream media is disrespectful, and you want to join them. For shame,
I'll likely put you on "ignore"
Old 05-23-2017, 02:36 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

One thing I can say for sure. Those inscriptions by Hillary and Obama were probably written by someone else and they just copied the words.

We had 8 years under a guy who was great at photo ops and giving great speeches, all written by others and engineered to make a statement...nothing original or genuine about them.

You want a president good at making pretty speeches or a president that gets things done?
Old 05-23-2017, 02:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogorgan View Post
Why don't you tell us what you really think, Aquila. Almost an hour and no posts!
So, here's one.
The treatment by the American mainstream media is disrespectful, and you want to join them. For shame,
Please do. LOL
Old 05-23-2017, 03:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
One thing I can say for sure. Those inscriptions by Hillary and Obama were probably written by someone else and they just copied the words.

We had 8 years under a guy who was great at photo ops and giving great speeches, all written by others and engineered to make a statement...nothing original or genuine about them.

You want a president good at making pretty speeches or a president that gets things done?
I don't doubt that Obama and Hillary actually wrote those words. But, whenever a politician speaks in big flowery language, you can bet it's not 100% sincere. However, I will say that their words were more "appropriate" and "Presidential", if you will.

Sadly, when it comes to Republicans, that dichotomy exists. You aren't going to be able to find a Republican who can give a speech better than a fifth grader and can get things done at the same time. LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 61fe574f4633d498c372f88038c65cec_jpg.jpg (19.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 05-23-2017, 03:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Sadly, when it comes to Republicans, that dichotomy exists. You aren't going to be able to find a Republican who can give a speech better than a fifth grader and can get things done at the same time. LOL
Oh good grief. Such a partisan hack.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:16 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

I dunno...Winston Churchill gave a speech made up of 3 words repeated and it's lauded as one of his most powerful oratory moments.

Elijah prayed a 67 word prayer and called fire down from heaven.

You can't make a permanent association with flowery speech and strength of purpose and will.
Old 05-23-2017, 06:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
I don't doubt that Obama and Hillary actually wrote those words. But, whenever a politician speaks in big flowery language, you can bet it's not 100% sincere. However, I will say that their words were more "appropriate" and "Presidential", if you will.

Anyone who embraces the ideology you do has not even reached fifth grade level critical thinking skills.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:45 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogorgan View Post
So, here's one.
What?

Does Aquila make friends here too?

Aquila, Aquila, Aquila....

What makes your big head so hard.