Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Strange View Post
J.C. Bishop took Hoekstra's wife. Neither did Lindsay or Branham take anyone else's wife.

There was some resentment from Branham concerning the "request," but evidently that resentment did not go so far as to break all fellowship...though strained. Branham was a naive business man. That was the purpose of Lindsay. Lindsay was a very astute business man. Branham being such a juvenile in business affairs, refusing to listen to Lindsay ended up in a HUGE hole with the IRS. Branham said that he did not owe the IRS, though Lindsay said that he DID. Brahham decided to go ahead and pay the IRS a little at a time saying that people would say, "where there is smoke there is fire." Had he listened to Lindsay, Branham would not have gotten himself caught in such a crack and squeeze.

But, at least Lindsay was able to salvage a lot though Branham never understood how much he had done for him. Branham could have ended up in a lot worse circumstance.

Lindsay never stole anything. He was a very astute business man who understood the finer points of doing business that the very uneducated, though hard headed Branham never understood....thus the resentment.

It is no disgrace to be uneducated, but when you combine a hard head with an empty one, you have the makings of a misunderstanding. But that misunderstanding was not on the part of Lindsay, a very upright man of the highest integrity.
MUch of what you said is so. I thought I was incorrect about the wife thanks.
Branham was not a business man and Lindsay was very astute but in Branham's mind and his followers Lindsay stole his magazine and his tent.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:09 AM
Did anyone find my keys

I can't say that I know one whit about what did or didn't happen around branham's life. All I can say for sure is that the product today of his ministry and teaching has produced some of the most hellish things I have ever come across. I live in an area that has a very large branhamite church and daily see the effects of this so-called prophet. A prophet who could produce such and ungodly mess is no prophet of God to me. I don't care who's aunt Elma got her goiter healed at his tent meeting.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:18 AM
Brother Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
MUch of what you said is so. I thought I was incorrect about the wife thanks.
Branham was not a business man and Lindsay was very astute but in Branham's mind and his followers Lindsay stole his magazine and his tent.
That's right.

The resentment came not so much about the magazine but the very large mailing list that went with the magazine. Lindsay was able to take those names from not only from Branham but from other ministers as well who freely gave that mailing list to Lindsay. With that mailing list, there came into existence the VOH and the VOH magazine which Branham was a part of in the beginning...in fact, he, Moore and Lindsay was the very foundation of it, mostly based on the very large mailing list of Branham which Moore and Lindsay compiled. Moore coorporated with Lindsay in the work of the Magazine which promoted Branham. Later it came to promote other VOH preachers including the likes of Jackson, Hickman, Freeman, Allen, Coe, Hayes, Grant and many others who would have never become known at all except by the promotion of the magazine.

When some of these guys begin to wander into all kinds of strange fire like Never Die, and the error of Garments of Fire by whasisname "Atomic Power With God," fame and many other craazy stuff SS not the least, thugh that may have come later, Lindsay saw the need of "REQUESTING" that all the new names be submitted to the VOH for an update of the mailing list which was growing by leaps and bounds.

But, in that request, he refused to further endorse these many preachers because of the great lot of error creeping in. This generated a lot of resentment since some of these preachers did not retain a copy of their own mailing list fully expecting the VOH to continue promoting their ministries. Alton L. Hayes and I talked about this extensively. At first, he too was resentful and discussed it with Branham who was also resentful. Later, Hayes forgave and dismissed the resentment that he held toward Lindsay and was fully reconciled with him before his death. Love won out in the end. Lindsay held firm in the face of increased error among the fomer VOH minister's error.

Actually, I admire the firm stand of Lindsay. Other ministers such as Coe and Allen elected not to surrender their mailing lists to Lindsay but pulled away from the VOH on their own.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:05 AM
SSBG

Quote:
Yes he said he stoled his paper it's on tape somewhere? Been too many years to recall where. But there were some real bad feelings about the paper and the tent. But it has been many years since I was privy to all this so my memory is somewhat foggy but I do remember Branham saying his tent and paper was stolen and alluded to Lindsay
It is an easy matter to check these details as there is a search function at the Voice of God Recordings website which can access all of William Branham's recorded sermons. I simply entered "Lindsay' and "tent" ... I think you would find it enlightening.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:41 AM
SSBG

I checked out William Branham's teaching on SS after I was told he said some people are the seed of the Serpent (as a result of the sexual union between Eve and the Serpent) and they cannot be saved, while others are the seed of Adam, and they will be saved. I found out that's not what he said at all. Yes, he did say the original sin was adultery, but nowhere did he teach that salvation is anything to do with race or genetic ancestry.

I think the best understanding of what he did say is found in his book "An Exposition of the Seven Church Ages" - the comments contained in this book can be easily found by entering the words serpent and seed in 'Message Search' at the Voice of God Recordings website.

I did not find this idea too remarkable - perhaps because I had heard some Pentecostal ministers teaching that the "sons of God" in Genesis 6:4 were heavenly angels who had sexual relations with human women and produced children who grew up to become giants. Personally, I think there is more Biblical support for William Branham's idea.

And I think we should keep in mind this comment he made about SS: "Course we realize that that doesn't save a man, neither does it condemn a man, but it only brings light upon the subject"
Old 08-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenod View Post
I checked out William Branham's teaching on SS after I was told he said some people are the seed of the Serpent (as a result of the sexual union between Eve and the Serpent) and they cannot be saved, while others are the seed of Adam, and they will be saved. I found out that's not what he said at all. Yes, he did say the original sin was adultery, but nowhere did he teach that salvation is anything to do with race or genetic ancestry.

I think the best understanding of what he did say is found in his book "An Exposition of the Seven Church Ages" - the comments contained in this book can be easily found by entering the words serpent and seed in 'Message Search' at the Voice of God Recordings website.

I did not find this idea too remarkable - perhaps because I had heard some Pentecostal ministers teaching that the "sons of God" in Genesis 6:4 were heavenly angels who had sexual relations with human women and produced children who grew up to become giants. Personally, I think there is more Biblical support for William Branham's idea.

And I think we should keep in mind this comment he made about SS: "Course we realize that that doesn't save a man, neither does it condemn a man, but it only brings light upon the subject"
Branham did teach that the serpent seed was NOT the elect but children of the devil. He said the serpent had a place for a soul but did not have a soul.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:15 AM
Brother Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenod View Post

Kenod...

Are you a follower of "The Message?"

In regards to the bolden part above, I've heard a few folk make this absurd speculation without careful thought behind it. Nevertheless, regardless how silly this idea might be, it does not in anyway validate the teachings of the Serpent's Seed.

It is my opinion that rather than being angles, the sons of God were simply the righteous who comingled with the unrighteous daughters of the unrighteous. As conditions grew worse from that unholy union, it brought on the wrath of God that was shown in the flood.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:04 PM
Registered Member

I went to that site I could not pull up ONE hit concerning Lindsay or the tent or the magazine so how reliable is that site?????????????????
Old 08-16-2007, 08:19 PM
SSBG

Quote:
I went to that site I could not pull up ONE hit concerning Lindsay or the tent or the magazine so how reliable is that site?????????????????
I find it very reliable ... here's seven for a start

Voice of God Recordings: Message Search
Old 08-16-2007, 08:38 PM
SSBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Strange View Post
Kenod...

Are you a follower of "The Message?"
I believe William Branham was a prophet and a messenger to the Church.

Quote:
It is my opinion that rather than being angles, the sons of God were simply the righteous who comingled with the unrighteous daughters of the unrighteous. As conditions grew worse from that unholy union, it brought on the wrath of God that was shown in the flood.
I agree with you.

My only purpose in referring to the subject of SS is to say that I cannot find anywhere that Brother Branham taught that some are descended from the serpent and some are descended from Adam. He made a point of Jacob and Esau both coming from godly parents.

He said the only way anyone can be saved is through our own free will choice, and God's will is that everyone be saved ("whosoever will") although we know that not everyone will come. Brother Branham preached that salvation is only through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and His atoning death on the cross.