Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-12-2008, 01:40 AM
Walkbyfaith7

I really feel SILVER is what to invest in!

I don't know what is going on but I have been really thinking about investing in silver today, (silver ounces and nothing special just plain). Usually this happens when God is trying to put something into my head.

Turns out I came home today and told my wife and she started laughing and said that she talked to a pastor of church who can buy silver/gold at asking price and he would do it without commissions for us! This kind of confirmed it for me

So, needless to say I have to figure out how to buy some silver since I have a house and two kids extra money comes hard but I'm working another part time job so that will help. It's already up past 16, halfway or so to 17 but historically is have been up to 50 or so and I really do believe this could happen and possible even be a record in the next couple of years.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:36 AM
Go Dodgers!

When I was a kid I remember silver being like $4 an ounce and i told my dad I wanted to buy spend my savings on silver...he laughed it off....in about 2 weeks it shot up to about $14 an ounce.

Silver might be the way to go since gold is so expensive

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:35 AM
Jerry Moon

But is it right to buy silver? We'll no longer be able to say like the apostles, "silver and gold have we none".

Hehehehe..
Old 01-12-2008, 08:42 AM
DOING THE FIRST WORKS

Silver and gold too will double in the next two to three years as economic uncertainty continues as a result of the falling value of the dollar and the sub-prime debacle.

Rather than buying the metal itself, why not buy the stock? I bought Seabridge Gold (SA) @ 17.18 per share and Juaguar (JA) @ 4.35. Look at it today. I only wish that I had the money at the time to have bought more.

But, anyone that had money to invest in anything would be wise to do so. We are on the verge of economic turmoil in this nation. The dollar has lost so much of its value. Other nations are preferring to trade in a more stable currency such as the Euro. China and Saudi Arabia has so much of our money that they are now buying out our much of our businesses.

Last night on the news, it was reported that large banks such as Bank of America, Wachovia are now "begging" the Chinese for dollars to fund their operations. Citi bank has gone back to the Chinese for the second time with their tail tucked between their legs begging for more capital to fund their operation.

Don't think that the borrower does not become the servant to the lender. It is important to remember that the strength of a nation is no more or less than the strength of its currency.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Walkbyfaith7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelationist View Post
But is it right to buy silver? We'll no longer be able to say like the apostles, "silver and gold have we none".

Hehehehe..
haha nice one!
Old 01-12-2008, 01:05 PM
Walkbyfaith7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apprehended View Post
Silver and gold too will double in the next two to three years as economic uncertainty continues as a result of the falling value of the dollar and the sub-prime debacle.

Rather than buying the metal itself, why not buy the stock? I bought Seabridge Gold (SA) @ 17.18 per share and Juaguar (JA) @ 4.35. Look at it today. I only wish that I had the money at the time to have bought more.

But, anyone that had money to invest in anything would be wise to do so. We are on the verge of economic turmoil in this nation. The dollar has lost so much of its value. Other nations are preferring to trade in a more stable currency such as the Euro. China and Saudi Arabia has so much of our money that they are now buying out our much of our businesses.

Last night on the news, it was reported that large banks such as Bank of America, Wachovia are now "begging" the Chinese for dollars to fund their operations. Citi bank has gone back to the Chinese for the second time with their tail tucked between their legs begging for more capital to fund their operation.

Don't think that the borrower does not become the servant to the lender. It is important to remember that the strength of a nation is no more or less than the strength of its currency.
So true Brother. God gave us an example too when he gave out the talons. Some buried them but what He wanted was for us to use them in a way where we could create more, (that was the wise servant). Then then ones that don't believe in creating more have to give theirs to the ones who were productive.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Walkbyfaith7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
When I was a kid I remember silver being like $4 an ounce and i told my dad I wanted to buy spend my savings on silver...he laughed it off....in about 2 weeks it shot up to about $14 an ounce.

Silver might be the way to go since gold is so expensive
That is funny- My dad and I were to involved with silver when it was 4 dollars an ounce. He used to buy my ounces and at the time I didn't think much of it but they looked pretty cool. I sold mine off long ago but he recently sold his for 14 or so an ounce so he made a really good profit. He has alot of old coins and gold coins worth alot but he is just hanging on to them.

I'm going to try to buy as much silver than I can since I can't afford alot of gold
Old 01-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Administrator

I don't know what has been going on but lately I have been thinkng about inesting in chocolate.

I have put those thoughts into action when going through the checkout line of grocery stores and Wal Mart.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:28 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

I have had a similar burden for cofee beans. Almost without fail, when God speaks to me - I had espresso that very same day!

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 01-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Walkbyfaith7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
I have had a similar burden for cofee beans. Almost without fail, when God speaks to me - I had espresso that very same day!
Are you saying God can't speak to people and tell them what to invest in?