Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

JR Ensey Chimes in on Hair Laying: Dec. 2010

The laying on of hair

Someone wrote me about this new “doctrine.” Here are his words: “Brother Ensey, I am having a hard time understanding a new doctrine. I understand the teaching of laying on of hands, however, I do not understand the teaching of laying of female hair upon the sick. It seems strange and out of order.”

This is a new practice in some circles, not a new doctrine. Just because it is not mentioned in the Bible doesn’t necessarily mean it can’t or shouldn’t be done at all as an act of faith. However, to attach it to a passage like I Corinthians 11:10 and extrapolate such a theory from that verse would be wresting the Scriptures. Someone might say, “Well, I know a lady who laid her long hair on a sick person and they got better, so that must mean that Paul was trying to tell us that there is power in long hair to heal the sick.” That would be extreme eisegesis.

Surely everyone is aware that anecdotal testimony can be obtained to corroborate ANYTHING! Books could be filled with subjective testimonies that seem to confirm everything from capture by space aliens to having been to the fiery hell and back. When are we going to learn that we judge subjective experiences by the Word of truth, not the Word by someone’s experience and anecdotal testimony? I heard of a lady who was healed when she put her hands in a tub of water that had been labeled by an evangelist as “the pool of Bethesda.” Her simple faith was rewarded.

But don’t start bringing tubs of water into the church. It is unwise to build doctrines or theories on one-time miracles or experiences

http://jrenseyblog.wordpress.com/2010/12/
Old 12-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

Re: JR Ensey Chimes in on Hair Laying: Dec. 2010

Overall, kudos to Ensey for speaking out against this.

To say this is simply "wrestling with Scripture" is akin to playing pattycake from a typically hard hitter.

Last edited by DAII; 12-07-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Banned

Props to Ensey.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Absolute Agenda

I can picture it now. Ensey rushing to the publish the kudos from Daniel on his blog !!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Does anyone actually know anyone that has done this?
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 12-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Registered Member

Location: Migrate around the Mid West, from Michigan - Indiana

Question:
Was at a meeting just recently, and heard LS teach "the order of creation" I got a very brief chance to ask him about HMH, he said he doesn't teach HMH, and that he mentioned that he doesnt teach it. In his message he said that if God uses it, it doesnt make it magic. Like Mud, cloths, pools, ect.. I dont know what to think, but HMH is really out there, I dont see anyone supporting that doctrine.

What say ye?????
Old 12-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Banned

Go through the posts here, that have included both video and photos and tell me he hasn't propagated that. He certainly is rejecting that he doesn't teach "holy magic hair" but his teachings are saying otherwise (no matter if he calls it HMH or "authority and position before God" or "angel visitation")
Old 12-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Love God, Love Your Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
Does anyone actually know anyone that has done this?
Yes, saw it with my own eyes.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAII View Post
Overall, kudos to Ensey for speaking out against this.

To say this is simply "wrestling with Scripture" is akin to playing pattycake from a typically hard hitter.
ahem... "wresting" the Scriptures...

Sort of the same, but it think it carries a bit more force and meaning of intentional distortion.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 12-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AQuietPlace* View Post
Yes, saw it with my own eyes.
Wow, and was the person healed?
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV