Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Islamic Issues and News
Facebook

Notices

Islamic Issues and News Discuss Islam and report on current issues regarding Islam

Old 05-11-2013, 09:35 PM
Banned

Re: Islam vs. Christianity Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylyates View Post
I agree and while you are at it, the entire book. Focus especially on the following passages:

How to Treat Infidels According to the Kor’an

Surah 9:5 But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem of war; but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft–forgiving, Most Merciful.

Surah 9:29 Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, even if they are of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

Surah 9:123 O ye who believe! fight the unbelievers who gird you about, and let them find firmness in you: and know that Allah is with those who fear Him.

Surah 48:29 Muhammad is the messenger of Allah; and those who are with him are strong against Unbelievers, but compassionate amongst each other.

Surah 8:38-39 Say to the Unbelievers, if now they desist from Unbelief, their past would be forgiven them; but if they persist, the punishment of those before them is already a matter of warning for them.

39 And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah altogether and everywhere; but if they cease, verily Allah doth see all that they do.

Surah 2:193 And fight them on until there is no more Tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah; but if they cease, Let there be no hostility except to those who practise oppression.

Surah 25:52 Therefore listen not to the Unbelievers, but strive (Jihad) against them with the utmost strenuousness, with the Qur’an.

Surah 61:9-11 It is He Who has sent His Messenger with Guidance and the Religion of Truth, that he may proclaim it over all religion, even though the Pagans may detest it.

10 O ye who believe! Shall I lead you to a bargain that will save you from a grievous Penalty?–

11 That ye believe in Allah and His Messenger, and that ye strive your utmost in the Cause of Allah, with your property and your persons: That will be best for you, if ye but knew!

Surah 9:20 Those who believe, and suffer exile and strive with might and main, in Allah’s cause, with their goods and their persons, have the highest rank in the sight of Allah: they are the people who will achieve salvation.

Surah 2:191 And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have Turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they first fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith.

Surah 2:216 Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not.

Surah 4:74 Let those fight in the cause of Allah Who sell the life of this world for the hereafter. To him who fighteth in the cause of Allah,– whether he is slain or gets victory–Soon shall We give him a reward of great value.

Surah 47:4-6 Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers in fight, smite at their necks; At length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly on them: thereafter is the time for either generosity or ransom: Until the war lays down its burdens. Thus are ye commanded: but if it had been Allah’s Will, He could certainly have exacted retribution from them Himself; but He lets you fight in order to test you, some with others. But those who are slain in the Way of Allah,– He will never let their deeds be lost.

There's lots more, but that's a good start. and as you read remember, islam is a "peaceful" religion.
The worst in Islam speak exactly as you do
Old 05-12-2013, 05:41 AM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
That would mean that they point out the evils and hatred inherent in islam?
In other words, that they tell the truth about an evil belief system.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
That would mean that they point out the evils and hatred inherent in islam?
In other words, that they tell the truth about an evil belief system.
They point out the evil and hatred inherent in christianity demonstrated by your rants actually.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:44 PM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Quote:
These are quotes directly from the koran that can be verified by any reader. To say what you do is interesting as I only quoted what was written.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Quote:
They point out the evil and hatred inherent in christianity demonstrated by your rants actually.
All I did was to list relevant surahs from the pages of the muslim Holy book.You call that "ranting?"
Old 05-12-2013, 04:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
These are quotes directly from the koran that can be verified by any reader. To say what you do is interesting as I only quoted what was written.
You quoted what was written out of context. It is common for apostolic ministers to do this as well as teach bits and pieces of the bible out of context to present a message that is not intended in order to deceive those who are being taught.

I fixed your last set of quotes and I guess I will have to fix these as well. I must say that the last set of misquotes looked pretty foolish.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:24 PM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Quote:
You quoted what was written out of context. It is common for apostolic ministers to do this as well as teach bits and pieces of the bible out of context to present a message that is not intended in order to deceive those who are being taught.

I fixed your last set of quotes and I guess I will have to fix these as well. I must say that the last set of misquotes looked pretty foolish.
"Fix" all you like. I would expect nothing less. However, all one has to do is what I have said all along. Don't take my word for it. Take the quotes to the Internet and see them for yourself. You will find many varying interpretations and translations. But you will find that the truth stands. It says what it says. It does indeed look foolish to an intelligent person. What kind of person would write such things in a supposedly Holy Book?

Wonder why it is the most literal and in fact "radical" version of the koran that is regularly provided for free to American prison inmates who are islamic? What a wonderful way to systematically radicalize a large captive audience.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
"Fix" all you like. I would expect nothing less. However, all one has to do is what I have said all along. Don't take my word for it. Take the quotes to the Internet and see them for yourself. You will find many varying interpretations and translations. But you will find that the truth stands. It says what it says. It does indeed look foolish to an intelligent person. What kind of person would write such things in a supposedly Holy Book?

Wonder why it is the most literal and in fact "radical" version of the koran that is regularly provided for free to American prison inmates who are islamic? What a wonderful way to systematically radicalize a large captive audience.
Still waiting for you to present the Surah passages in context. You can, can't you?

Matthew:

“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.
By their fruit you will recognize them.
Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.
A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

Show honesty and add the context, as I did.

David (Psalms)

Save me, LORD, from lying lips and from deceitful tongues.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:06 PM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Quote:
Still waiting for you to present the Surah passages in context. You can, can't you?

Matthew:

“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.
By their fruit you will recognize them.
Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.
A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

Show honesty and add the context, as I did.

David (Psalms)

Save me, LORD, from lying lips and from deceitful tongues.
Already done, on the other thread. In detail with clear directions, so anyone can immediately verify any quotation. The context is the koran itself. Several of the sources are in fact, muslim websites, in one case the complete koran in searchable format.

Your reference to false prophets is well said. Muhammad is claimed as a Prophet of God. Let his words speak for themselves. My quotes are posted and now the sources are posted as well. As for "lying lips"? I did not write the koran.

I see little need for further discussion. Let the readers see for themselves the truth of my words.

No answer I see on the prison issue.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Already done, on the other thread. In detail with clear directions, so anyone can immediately verify any quotation. The context is the koran itself. Several of the sources are in fact, muslim websites, in one case the complete koran in searchable format.

Your reference to false prophets is well said. Muhammad is claimed as a Prophet of God. Let his words speak for themselves. My quotes are posted and now the sources are posted as well. As for "lying lips"? I did not write the koran.

I see little need for further discussion. Let the readers see for themselves the truth of my words.

No answer I see on the prison issue.
I bet you see little need for further discussion. Because you do not and will not post and add the context of these Surahs.

On the version of the Quran handed out in prisons:

http://www.amazon.com/Glorious-Quran...llah+yusuf+ali

It's available to anyone for 5 bucks. I have one myself.