Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-20-2018, 08:32 PM
Banned

Re: Do we have to pay tithes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
You are assuming he is not giving enough unless it is 10% If God has not established that percentage, then how can anyone be accused of a lack of giving for not following it?
I didn't see this before but I am beginning to consider I Corinthians 9 as the clearest reference of tithing for the New Testament Christian. It would not be the first time God employs a pattern, using the Old Testament example for a New Testament practice.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post
I didn't see this before but I am beginning to consider I Corinthians 9 as the clearest reference of tithing for the New Testament Christian. It would not be the first time God employs a pattern, using the Old Testament example for a New Testament practice.
Then the Christian must tithe according to the formula laid out in the Law of Moses, for there is none other.

Brother, I admonish you closely look at the context of the chapter.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

This is a bit too long to post here, but please consider it lest you make a huge mistake...

http://www.tithing-russkelly.com/id13.html
Old 04-20-2018, 08:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
You are assuming he is not giving enough unless it is 10% If God has not established that percentage, then how can anyone be accused of a lack of giving for not following it?
He clearly states a tenth over 5 times. There is something toward the tenth. And you are correctly I'm out of my league. Your the guy who goes to a Baptist Church because they are "more theologically sound there. And would eat our lunch in a debate." Birds of a feather will flock together...

I'm sorry Originalist this was disrespectful. Forgive me.

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!

Last edited by 1ofthechosen; 04-20-2018 at 09:04 PM.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
He clearly states a tenth over 5 times. There is something toward the tenth.
Who clearly states a tenth over 5 times?

Last edited by Originalist; 04-20-2018 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Then the Christian must tithe according to the formula laid out in the Law of Moses, for there is none other.

Brother, I admonish you closely look at the context of the chapter.
It's not that we have to follow the exact same practice. The example is there in the Old Testament so that in the New Testament we have a practice that is not based on the letter of the Law but on the conversion of the heart. The pattern is established in the Old Testament with the tithe going to the Levites and the offerings going towards the temple. Do you see that have pattern having any practical equivalent for us today?
Old 04-20-2018, 08:41 PM
Registered Member

Lev.21

[1] And the LORD said unto Moses, Speak unto the priests the sons of Aaron, and say unto them, There shall none be defiled for the dead among his people:
[2] But for his kin, that is near unto him, that is, for his mother, and for his father, and for his son, and for his daughter, and for his brother,
[3] And for his sister a virgin, that is nigh unto him, which hath had no husband; for her may he be defiled.
[4] But he shall not defile himself, being a chief man among his people, to profane himself.
[5] They shall not make baldness upon their head, neither shall they shave off the corner of their beard, nor make any cuttings in their flesh.
[6] They shall be holy unto their God, and not profane the name of their God: for the offerings of the LORD made by fire, and the bread of their God, they do offer: therefore they shall be holy.

Are pastors the priests? They should not be shaving of the corners of their beard.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
Lev.21

[1] And the LORD said unto Moses, Speak unto the priests the sons of Aaron, and say unto them, There shall none be defiled for the dead among his people:
[2] But for his kin, that is near unto him, that is, for his mother, and for his father, and for his son, and for his daughter, and for his brother,
[3] And for his sister a virgin, that is nigh unto him, which hath had no husband; for her may he be defiled.
[4] But he shall not defile himself, being a chief man among his people, to profane himself.
[5] They shall not make baldness upon their head, neither shall they shave off the corner of their beard, nor make any cuttings in their flesh.
[6] They shall be holy unto their God, and not profane the name of their God: for the offerings of the LORD made by fire, and the bread of their God, they do offer: therefore they shall be holy.

Are pastors the priests? They should not be shaving of the corners of their beard.

Does the Lord need to flood and destroy the inhabitants of the earth every time a soul is saved?
Old 04-20-2018, 08:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
It's not that we have to follow the exact same practice. The example is there in the Old Testament so that in the New Testament we have a practice that is not based on the letter of the Law but on the conversion of the heart. The pattern is established in the Old Testament with the tithe going to the Levites and the offerings going towards the temple. Do you see that have pattern having any practical equivalent for us today?
Again, the context here is not tithing. It is not HOW ministers are supported. The context is supporting ministers. The link I posted deals with this in depth and will remove all doubt.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
If you don't tithe, do you see your lack of giving as a hindrance to the spreading of the Gospel?
No brother. The law is referred to as bondage many times and in many ways by the apostle Paul. I am apostolic. I am supposed to continue steadfast in the doctrine of the apostles. It (observing the law) is referred to as the child of Hagar. Why would I ever want to be the child of bondage? Have you ever noticed how legalistic the Muslims are with their Sharia law? They are the descendants of Ismael.

You are conflating tithing with giving. Lack of tithing and lack of giving, is not the same thing. Tithing is under the law, free will giving is the NT model. You can give money, you cannot scripturally tithe money. The law did not allow it.