Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-19-2020, 01:07 AM
Registered Member

Re: Have Apostolic Churches changed since 2005?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
You are wrong.

If you really were able to comprehend the power of the HG that is in me ( by the grace and mercy of God ) then you would understand that as a human I don’t have the perfect emotion to express what is happening inside of me.
Sounds like a perfectly fine explanation that doesn't involve your quoted bible verse at all. "The natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God".

Quote:
Sometimes I may do stuff that others don’t understand... I do all this in self control tho... I have “ felt “ like doing crazier things than walking on pews, rolling on the floor or even standing on top of a pulpit but I understand that’s it’s not God making me do these things but it’s my expression of what is happening in me.
Interesting. Generally one isn't in control of their emotional responses. You claim that you are when it comes to not having the perfect emotion to express the power of the HG that is happening inside you.
Old 05-19-2020, 12:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
Sounds like a perfectly fine explanation that doesn't involve your quoted bible verse at all. "The natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God".

Interesting. Generally one isn't in control of their emotional responses. You claim that you are when it comes to not having the perfect emotion to express the power of the HG that is happening inside you.
Really? One isn’t in control of their emotional responses?? Let’s see you not control your emotional response next time a cop pulls you over and you don’t agree with him.... it sure is hard to explain it to someone without the HG and doesn’t even believe the Bible is absolute truth so might as well not try with you..... in fact I can’t remember... do you even believe the God of the Bible?
Old 05-19-2020, 02:37 PM
New User

Red herrings everywhere
Old 05-19-2020, 06:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Red herrings everywhere
Hope that was not intended for me...
Old 05-19-2020, 08:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Really? One isn’t in control of their emotional responses?? Let’s see you not control your emotional response next time a cop pulls you over and you don’t agree with him.... it sure is hard to explain it to someone without the HG and doesn’t even believe the Bible is absolute truth so might as well not try with you..... in fact I can’t remember... do you even believe the God of the Bible?
Let's step through this.

1. The HG provokes strong emotions within you.
2. You are in control of your emotional response.
3. Due to those strong emotions you choose to walk on pews, shout and convulse on the floor.

So why did you choose to do those things if you were in control of your emotional response?

(Everyone pay close attention because now we are now going to get to the point where his argument shifts to something akin to: he didn't actually choose and that anyone logically walking through his description must just be someone devoid of understanding anything about God.)

Last edited by jfrog; 05-19-2020 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-19-2020, 11:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Let's step through this.

1. The HG provokes strong emotions within you.
2. You are in control of your emotional response.
3. Due to those strong emotions you choose to walk on pews, shout and convulse on the floor.

So why did you choose to do those things if you were in control of your emotional response?

(Everyone pay close attention because now we are now going to get to the point where his argument shifts to something akin to: he didn't actually choose and that anyone logically walking through his description must just be someone devoid of understanding anything about God.)
So your big question is why do I choose to do those things?! Lol... did you ever answer my questions earlier?
Old 05-19-2020, 11:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
So your big question is why do I choose to do those things?! Lol... did you ever answer my questions earlier?
I don't respond to character assassination style questions. When you would rather talk about me than the actual things I'm saying that's a problem.

Anyways, I am very curious what the reason is you will give for choosing to do those things.

Last edited by jfrog; 05-19-2020 at 11:59 PM.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:56 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I don't respond to character assassination style questions. When you would rather talk about me than the actual things I'm saying that's a problem.

Anyways, I am very curious what the reason is you will give for choosing to do those things.
It’s not character assassination it’s what you have posted yourself in the past if I remember correctly so I’m just clarifying.

Get the HG and you will do something and then you will understand.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:44 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
It’s not character assassination it’s what you have posted yourself in the past if I remember correctly so I’m just clarifying.

Get the HG and you will do something and then you will understand.
It's hard to tell someone they don't understand when they received the same HG as you.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
It's hard to tell someone they don't understand when they received the same HG as you.
Well like I said you don’t even believe so it ain’t that hard to tell you that.