Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-06-2013, 06:07 PM
Getting to know Jesus

Please keep my son in your prayers

My son has been deployed again. Please remember him, and his wife, in your prayers; as well as my husband, daughters and me.

Thank you so much.
Psa 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

1Pe 5:6-7 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Tit 3:2 To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.

Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:41 PM
Registered Member

Re: Please keep my son in your prayers

You betcha, Subby. I will pray for all of you. I am adding a post-it note to my desktop, right next to the one for Godzchild's granddaughter Yvonne Emily who has yet to be born.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:49 AM
of 9!! :)

Praying for your son and his family.
I salute your son for his sacrifice and service!
Old 08-07-2013, 08:37 AM
Not riding the train

Praying here, Subdued! God bless our men and women in uniform - Bless their families who wait for them to come home again.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Getting to know Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margies3 View Post
You betcha, Subby. I will pray for all of you. I am adding a post-it note to my desktop, right next to the one for Godzchild's granddaughter Yvonne Emily who has yet to be born.
Thank you, Margie! That is so sweet!!
Psa 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

1Pe 5:6-7 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Tit 3:2 To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.

Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:59 AM
Getting to know Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
Praying for your son and his family.
I salute your son for his sacrifice and service!
Thank you, Lacey. I appreciate that so much.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:00 AM
Getting to know Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Praying here, Subdued! God bless our men and women in uniform - Bless their families who wait for them to come home again.
Thanks so much, PO. I'm very thankful for your prayers.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Registered Member

God bless your son for his service. Keeping in our prayers here.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subdued View Post
My son has been deployed again. Please remember him, and his wife, in your prayers; as well as my husband, daughters and me.

Thank you so much.
Subdued,

I have been there and done that. My son served two tours in Iraq as a United States Marine. I will be praying.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 08-08-2013, 08:34 AM

I will be praying. Two of our boys have served, one is still active and will be deployed again in April... Praying for him will allow me to just tag yours right on!