Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Playground > The Shopping Mall
Facebook

Notices

The Shopping Mall Find a great deal online? Share it here... Also the place to find links for consumer help sites, etc ...

Old 03-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Cotton Mather

New Offer From Direct TV

DBS or Direct Broadcast Systems, represent what is considered as being the most common form of satellite television today. These services are offered through corporations that make available packages with hundreds of channels for a monthly fee. Two well known varieties of this service operating in the United States are the Dish Network and DirecTV. The satellite dishes used by this system are only about a foot and a half across and are able to operate on higher frequencies. Since it is set on a fixed satellite, it does not have to be capable of moving.
In the case of satellite viewing, in addition to the above two services, the newest entry I'd one that a lot of people are talking about. This is often called satellite television on a PC or satellite television for a the PC, a more accurate description would be Internet TV. Even though the content is being transmitted by TV satellites are used to transmit content, the viewer is watching it on a computer via the Internet. You do need a high speed Internet connection however, along with a fairly good graphics card. If you have this you are able to become a part of a growing population of Internet Television viewers.
When you use Internet TV you are taking advantage of what is called available Free-to-Air (FTA) digital satellite broadcasts. Through this they are able to offer many channels, both video and audio. You still need to know where to look for them and to set up your computer properly.
The software necessary for watching satellite television over the Internet can vary in price from $19.95 to $75. These software applications make it possible for you to directly link with satellite TV programming that is available worldwide. This includes news, sports, music and other entertainment. The content comes from many countries. Much of it may be new to you.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:08 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

This is quite interesting - and inevitable I suppose.

Considering I don't have a daily dose of TV - and don't have broadcast TV (other than the clips I might get on the net) I am just curious... where do people get the FIVE HOURS a day to watch TV? I am told this is the average for American adults. Are these stats wrong? Unless I majorly restructured my life I would be left with one hour of sleep!
Old 03-29-2007, 06:14 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
This is quite interesting - and inevitable I suppose.

Considering I don't have a daily dose of TV - and don't have broadcast TV (other than the clips I might get on the net) I am just curious... where do people get the FIVE HOURS a day to watch TV? I am told this is the average for American adults. Are these stats wrong? Unless I majorly restructured my life I would be left with one hour of sleep!
They turn it on as soon as they get home and just sit and watch it until they go to bed. They do nothing else.