Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

View Poll Results: Who will you vote for?
McCain 29 76.32%
Clinton 0 0%
Obama 9 23.68%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2008, 04:05 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Re: Who's Your Next President?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Corinth2v4 View Post
Re-phrase your stance on abortion please.

When one takes the life of any life-form, that is murder. At least, that's what murder signifies here on Earth.
Now, my stance on abortion.... not that it relates in any way to this discussion... but.... at the point where the first blood cell exists (around day 21) there is absolutly no justifyable reason to kill the baby unless not doing so would cause the mother to die.

innocent life is to be protected. the bible says the life is in the blood. (this is my own view and my experience is that most people dont make this connection but this is what I got from studing scripture on the subject.)

the reason why I would make an expection of the life of the mother, is that at the point where the baby could cause the mothers death, the baby though innocent itself, is an instument of death. also generally speaking the baby would die as well.

I also think there is some argument to terminate a pregnancy where the baby is not viable. but this is slippery. some "not viable" babies would live for some period of time. others would be born with no brain and arent capable of survival in any form at all. so where is that line?

so there. thats my stance on abortion. its really really bad.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
I know solid conservatives that are prochoice because they don't believe the government's role is to essentially seize a pregnant woman's body and force her to give birth. They say that as disturbing as abortion might be the final decision should rest with the woman alone. Now, that doesn't make it moral or right in any given circumstance. But the notion from these conservatives I was reading about is that a prochoice approach is a necessary evil in a civil society. Women should be educated about abortion and advised against it but the choice is best left in her hands.

Don't know what any of y'all will think about that, but I thought I'd drop it here since we're discussing abortion, murder, and life ethics. Frankly...that's all the Republicans have going for them this election.

this is the classic liberatarian argument. (and has nothing to do with murdering chickens which I am for)

but my position is that the governments key function is to protect innocent life. nothing is more innocent than a baby. There is no such thing as a legal choice that terminates an innocent human life..... unlike chickens which may be innocent but taste pretty good once they have been terminated.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:08 PM
Prayerful lives are powerful

I find it hard to believe anyone could vote for Obama after him trusting his life/salvation to Jeremiah Wright. Lord, help us all if he gets voted in.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMcD View Post
I find it hard to believe anyone could vote for Obama after him trusting his life/salvation to Jeremiah Wright. Lord, help us all if he gets voted in.
there is a song about that.

People are strange.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
it butchering and i am for it!
Butcher:
1 a: a person who slaughters animals or dresses their flesh b: a dealer in meat
2: one that kills ruthlessly or brutally

Thank you.....confession is good for the soul!
Old 05-21-2008, 04:22 PM
uncharismatic conservative maverick

Quote:
Butcher:

So, what does eating meat have to do with who we vote for?
Old 05-21-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherEastman View Post
So, what does eating meat have to do with who we vote for?
i dont know that eating meat has to do with it, but suggesting that we not eat meat comes from the spirit of the anti-christ according to the bible.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Butcher:

LOL! then let me clarify. I was speaking of dressing an animal for consumption. not killing humans.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
LOL! then let me clarify. I was speaking of dressing an animal for consumption. not killing humans.

Which is classified as butchering meaning one that ruthlessly or brutally kills and animal.

KILLER
Old 05-21-2008, 04:35 PM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
I know solid conservatives that are prochoice because they don't believe the government's role is to essentially seize a pregnant woman's body and force her to give birth. They say that as disturbing as abortion might be the final decision should rest with the woman alone. Now, that doesn't make it moral or right in any given circumstance. But the notion from these conservatives I was reading about is that a prochoice approach is a necessary evil in a civil society. Women should be educated about abortion and advised against it but the choice is best left in her hands.

Don't know what any of y'all will think about that, but I thought I'd drop it here since we're discussing abortion, murder, and life ethics. Frankly...that's all the Republicans have going for them this election.
That about sums up my feelings on the subject.