Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:11 AM
Renewed

Re: UPCI pastor resigns amid teen sex charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Sorry you are having to go through this and I think people are misunderstanding you in this thread, but you know from experience that this could just as easily be one of your daughters we are talking about here.

I'm sure you'd sucker punch the dude that took advantage of your daughter, but you are seeing another side that some aren't.

Hang in there and love those girls and do all you can to help them. I'm so glad that my children are married. However, now I have a granddaughter to worry about. The influence that surrounds them is disgusting.
Oh believe me, there would have been no "sucker" to the punch, lol. I would have had no problem letting him know it was coming.

It is hard for some to understand. It was hard for me to understand, I went through several months of denial and pointing fingers in just one direction. The thing is, this is a very serious yet "swept under the carpet" problem, and I see it getting worse everyday.
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 09-22-2010, 09:13 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
Generally innocent people don't admit guilt.

Sick.

We don't know that he did. We only know the newspaper SAID he did.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:14 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
So, some people are saying the guy didn't admit guilt? Well then, if it's just an accusation, yes, let the process work it's way through. The article said he admitted guilt. If that's the case, the guy is depraved.

Yes, he's depraved.........IF.......and that's a really big two-letter word in this equation.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAII View Post
Outrageous ... the first few posts on this thread.

As a libertarian, I more than believe that any alleged suspect in a crime is innocent until proven guilty and record shows I'm ALL FOR DUE PROCESS IN THIS CASE or ANY CASE.

But the calls to silence these type of threads is all but SICKENING ....
Same thing happened even when 12 jurors (the defendants own peers) found Pastor Fogarty guilty for slandering Angela Driver ... cat calls for "WHY WE TALKING ABOUT THIS HERE!"

It makes one very cynical and suspicious as to motive...

I could post dozens of court cases we've discussed and "thrashed" where the alleged has all but "admitted" to the crime ...

Remember this guy we've discussed AD NAUSEUM? As it stands ... RIGHT NOW ... OFFICIALLY HE'S INNOCENT.

That said ...

I've combed through articles regarding this Monk case ... Liberal ... and can you tell me the link or inside source you have where Monk told the judge he was essentially set up ... by either his accusers, the local police and/or the district attorney or that somehow the court documents stating his admission to being her "boyfriend" was done under duress.

Really?

1. As it stands, the only charge this 'minister' is facing is sexual battery. Why because apparently, in Ohio, a 16 year old MINOR can consent to sex with a married man ... or any man for that matter.

2. If I read the article correctly, the police were able to file charges only when they could prove he is a man in "authority" or of the cloth. Thus, the sexual battery charge.

It's mind boggling that Aquila would get on here too ... and somehow blame a child for this heinous act of mistrust allegedly perpetrated by a man who is married and who most likely used his authority and trust to prey on a family that was going through a divorce and prey on the weakest among them.

I don't care if the girl was in her birthday suit, spread eagle ... it in no way vindicates what has happened here.

I'm disappointed in your take on this, DAII. I'd say that I've enjoyed your angles on this forum more than anyone I've read. You're the "Grace Man" here and yet you're the one here chasing this man with a noose before we really know any facts about this. Surely you know better than to believe everything written in a newspaper article across-the-board.

Not long ago, I did a series of interviews with a newspaper reporter. When the articles were printed, I was SHOCKED at what I said. There were numerous statements that were completely opposed to some of the dearest core philosophies I hold in life.

I'm just saying, DAII, put your noose away and wait. If the facts come out and you're right, I'll hand it to you and pat you on the back.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Blaming the victim is pretty popular amongst many conservative groups. If you see the problem, you are the problem.
Accusing conservatives of blaming the victum is popular among liberal groups.
If a conservative sees problems on both sides, the conservative must have a problem.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:29 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
They believe they have all the knowledge, freedoms and rights an adult has. They don't believe they should be treated any differently.
There it is!

An adult needs to take measures to protect a young person who doesn't have the experience to gauge what they are actually getting themselves involved in, but the above statement is also a HUGE problemo these days!

In many cases young people think that they are on the same level as any adult and are very insulted for anyone to tell them that they are not.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:38 AM
Forever Loved Admin

I can tell y'all, whichever way y'all believe about the girl. IT NEVER GOES AWAY.YOU LIVE WITH IT THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. Whether promiscuity or withdrawal from life. In reality a 16 year old doesn't really know how far it will go, she is testing the water, so to speak. Not mature enough emotionally to know. This is not some fumbling around with a teenage boy. The adult knows how it will turn out. The adult's actions are of lust, the girl's out of curiosity or seeking attention.
We do not know all the facts of this case, we know some kids make up stories. Some cops get wrong confessions. Or twist words and lie. I don't know if the pastor is or isn't guilty of anything. Anyway his reputation either way is ruined, as is the girl's. Sin always has consequences.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 09-22-2010, 09:38 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
There it is!

An adult needs to take measures to protect a young person who doesn't have the experience to gauge what they are actually getting themselves involved in, but the above statement is also a HUGE problemo these days!

In many cases young people think that they are on the same level as any adult and are very insulted for anyone to tell them that they are not.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 09-22-2010, 09:39 AM
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
I can tell y'all, whichever way y'all believe about the girl. IT NEVER GOES AWAY.YOU LIVE WITH IT THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. Whether promiscuity or withdrawal from life. In reality a 16 year old doesn't really know how far it will go, she is testing the water, so to speak. Not mature enough emotionally to know. This is not some fumbling around with a teenage boy. The adult knows how it will turn out. The adult's actions are of lust, the girl's out of curiosity or seeking attention.
We do not know all the facts of this case, we know some kids make up stories. Some cops get wrong confessions. Or twist words and lie. I don't know if the pastor is or isn't guilty of anything. Anyway his reputation either way is ruined, as is the girl's. Sin always has consequences.
Great post.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:42 AM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
You are exactly right!