Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Homestead > Prepper's Patch
Facebook

Notices

Prepper's Patch Prepping & Planning; Share your practical prepping and survival skills!

Old 03-19-2013, 10:26 AM
Registered Member

Good Intro to Preparedness

Old 03-20-2013, 12:23 PM
Registered Member

Re: Good Intro to Preparedness

Randy...I am a prepper do you think my being prepared for what may come is lack of faith? There are those that do...what say you? I am just curious what others may think...
Old 03-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roagiesgal View Post
Randy...I am a prepper do you think my being prepared for what may come is lack of faith? There are those that do...what say you? I am just curious what others may think...
Not even a little.

Consider that Joseph helped "prepare" Egypt for a coming 7 year famine by stockpiling ahead of time.

There are many (some even here) who openly scoff at the idea of putting some food and supplies away for a rainy day, but they will be the first ones to come to a place like MY house when the time comes. Thus the need for firearms. LOL

Last edited by RandyWayne; 03-20-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:45 PM
Registered Member

Randy I am happy to find you here. I see what is happening in this crazy world we live in, I know the Lord will privide but He never said when that applies...I feel He is providing for me now, when I have the resourses to prepare, we are out of debt, He provided us a home that is paid for...a car that runs and a well stocked pantry/store, we have a good well and an old fashion pump if we need it. We also have firearms...the only thing we don't have here is a place to grow fresh food, or have chickens...which we did at our old house, but the payments were too much for us there, we are on Social Security now and so our income has become limited. This is not what we planned, I have learned that what we have planned is not always what the Lord has for us.

Looking forward to chatting with you...God Bless
Old 03-20-2013, 02:11 PM
Registered Member

Since we live in Mesa, AZ water is our MAIN concern should things collapse. We have plenty of stored food and are trying to stockpile bottles of water along with empty containers to fill up when I see things going down and water is still flowing through the tap. We live in an HOA neighborhood and thus can't have chickens we do have enough space to grow quite a bit -again, assuming I can acquire more water.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:58 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
Not even a little.

Consider that Joseph helped "prepare" Egypt for a coming 7 year famine by stockpiling ahead of time.

There are many (some even here) who openly scoff at the idea of putting some food and supplies away for a rainy day, but they will be the first ones to come to a place like MY house when the time comes. Thus the need for firearms. LOL
So we can fight our way in to get your food?
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 03-20-2013, 04:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
So we can fight our way in to get your food?
I am sure that is sum total of planning that many have made. LOL
Old 03-20-2013, 05:27 PM
Registered Member

OK the forces are against me...I have tried 4 times to post and something happens each time...partly me, partly internet!!! So I am going to go in the other room and take a deep breath and start over later...LOL! Some days are like that....
Old 03-20-2013, 05:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Randy I am happy to find you here. I see what is happening in this crazy world we live in, I know the Lord will privide but He never said when that applies...I feel He is providing for me now, when I have the resourses to prepare, we are out of debt, He provided us a home that is paid for...a car that runs and a well stocked pantry/store, we have a good well and an old fashion pump if we need it. We also have firearms...the only thing we don't have here is a place to grow fresh food, or have chickens...which we did at our old house, but the payments were too much for us there, we are on Social Security now and so our income has become limited. This is not what we planned, I have learned that what we have planned is not always what the Lord has for us.

Looking forward to chatting with you...God Bless
For people who do not have a place to grow food.....try sprouts! It has more nutrition than fully ripe veggies.

http://sproutpeople.org
Old 03-20-2013, 06:02 PM
On the road less traveled

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
Not even a little.

Many people have said the same thing to us, that it is crazy to try to stockpile food. However, the day may come to us far too soon. I'm reminded of the situation with preparedness by the story of the little red hen who worked so hard to prepare her bread, and no one wanted to help her. Then, when it was freshly baked and out of the oven, all of sudden everyone was on her doorstep wanting some. This is basically the mentality of most people. Unfortunately, the thought of having to hurt or run off people who are hungry does really bother me, especially when they could have prepared and didn't.

And that brings up a picture in my mind of the scenes in the bible story books as a child which showed pictures of Noah and the ark, and the people outside the ark who were banging on the walls of the ark wanting inside, but it was too late. I pray the Lord will grant us all wisdom should that day come to us.

But, in the meantime, it is wise to be as prepared as possible... for we do not know when we may need it, but if we do, we'll be glad we did.