Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-25-2009, 07:36 PM
Oneness Believer

Re: You Be The Judge: Anderson Vs Burk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK Burk View Post
Bro. Anderson, I am saddened that you’ve reduced yourself to this level. I did answer several things you asked, even though you never actually asked anything like you said you would. You stated that you would prove AFPs have a different Jesus than the apostles. Then you proceeded without ever showing anything about what the apostles taught. EVERYTHING you asked was about what YOU believed...and even those questions you did not explain.

A debate is not an interview. It’s not about asking, “What about this” and “what about that”? You were supposed to qualify your accusation, and then I was to respond. You never did that. You just ask this and that, and never showed where any of what you asked is indeed found in the apostles' beliefs.

In my last post I demonstrated how YOUR belief differs from what the apostles and Jesus taught. I did this to reveal how YOU MUST have both Jesus and the apostles in error so you can excuse why their words do not agree with your position. YOU NEVER EVEN CAME CLOSE to showing anything like that about AFP, and yet that is what you said you would do.

The debate thread stands waiting for YOU. Prax already said to go back and ask ONE QUESTION at a time. That is what I kept trying to get you to do as well. So, quit the games and get back to what you said you'd do – SHOW WHAT THE APOSTLES TAUGHT, and then show where AFP differs.

The only one stopping this debate is YOU.
TKB, I am praying for you and I do mean that seriously. I pray that you reconsider the way that you have taken and truly believe in the Christ of Scripture. The very one it tells us is coming again.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:49 PM
Registered Member

DEBATE, n.

1. Contention in words or arguments; discussion for elucidating truth; strife in argument or reasoning, between persons of different opinions, each endeavoring to prove his own opinion right, and that of his opposer wrong; dispute; controversy; as the debates in parliament or in congress.

On this point, I do agree with Praxeas and Bro. Burke.
This was to be a debate, not an interview and I might add, not an interrogation or even a Q. & A. session, just a debate.
One should should strive to prove their position to be correct and let the hearers/viewers make their own determination. Too bad Bro Andrson quit, as I was really looking forward to both of these apparently well qualified Brothers. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
I already stated several times now and I PMd Bro Anderson. You can't always expect the opponent to answer the way you want. This isn't an interview. It's a debate and part of a good debate is not only being ready with your arguments but effectively demolishing your opponents argument, even if that includes pointing out he did not address certain issues.

It's not a time to give up. Continue with the debate. As I said already we will have a cross examination time. Then we will have a concluding remarks with no word limit and the those reading can decide who came out ahead.

The question is then, Did B Anderson represent his assertion (not an accusation) that the Christ of AFP is not the true Christ of Scriptures? Or was B Burk able to refute his assertions and or prove the Christ of AFP is indeed the Christ of the scriptures?

Nobody is required to answer or address any point at all but if those viewing are to judge based on what the goal was and one side avoids addressing the other sides point just to introduce red herring comments, then those judging have to conclude one side did not "win" based on what the debate was about.

I think both should finish the debate and THEN let the others decide,
Old 03-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Lamb Saved & Shepherd Led

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN Anderson View Post
TKB, I am praying for you and I do mean that seriously. I pray that you reconsider the way that you have taken and truly believe in the Christ of Scripture. The very one it tells us is coming again.
Please, do not use sacred things like prayer as a weapon against another man's faith.

Bro. Anderson, if you were sincere about being concerned for me, you'd have proven what you claim is my error.
The Bible is open to those that want Truth, and if they want Truth, they find Truth. They watch individuals squabble over Bible symbolism on the Internet, and leave the Message boards to enter into the real world where live people dwell, and they find Truth. The World Wide Web is full of Internet Ayatollahs who speak their mind. There is only one Truth, and it is not hidden. No matter what anyone says, Truth still converts the sincere.
 -DD Benincasa, 12/06/03

www.tkburk.com
Old 03-25-2009, 09:57 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
You know, if DDB got some volume in his hair and dyed it a little you guys might make twins. Now that is really CRACKED up.
Brother James Anderson, the debate thread is closed? You can't say anything to me man. You are a classic.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:01 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJJ View Post
I was looking forward to reading the debate Bro Anderson. Sorry you quit.

TJJJ
Brother this is a sad display, this young Brother beats his chest and screams like Tarzan how he would prove Brother Burk to be incorrect, and then found any excuse possible to bail.

Let him rage.

What a way to go.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I was looking forward to it as well.
Yeah it shows. If you were looking to debate then you would of stoped the drama and went through with it. You box? Yeah, I bet, rock'em sock'em robots?

Quote:
I did not quit though.
Really? Well, you did a good job fakin it.

Quote:
I have just been waiting on TKB to actually reply.
Brother Anderson, you backed out and the post was deleted by Praxaes.
You had full cooperation from the Administration of this forum to go forward, and Praxaes was ready to take care of everything for you and Brother Burk.
Let's see, you first said you were traveling, then you came back and said that the debate wasn't top of your priority list (yet you decided to insult me instead of participating in the debate), and then you whined how Brother Burk wasn't answering you? Brother, Lord love your heart, but you couldn't convince anyone with that.

Quote:
Debates are moderated in real time and should be so here as well. I think he should modify his reply so that it actually quotes from my reply in the proper negative. It was his turn to do so but instead introduced new material. This is old stuff and I have seen it a dozen times by trinitarians. I simply wait until I see a reply that actually goes by the debate rules.
Wee wee wee all the way home. Brother James Anderson, just go and debate, you have more excuses than Carter has little liver pills.

You know I do believe you are a good Brother, you just try to hard to be something your not.

The Lord love you.

In Jesus name

Brother Benincasa

www.OnTimeJournal.com
Old 03-25-2009, 10:20 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK Burk View Post
Please, do not use sacred things like prayer as a weapon against another man's faith.

Bro. Anderson, if you were sincere about being concerned for me, you'd have proven what you claim is my error.
No that takes work, he would rather just blast you with insults.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:44 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Old 03-25-2009, 10:55 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Hey EB! How about you and me going a round? Do you really believe Jesus fulfilled ALL of Matthew 24 in or about the year 70 A.D.?
Old 03-25-2009, 10:58 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
Hey EB! How about you and me going a round? Do you really believe Jesus fulfilled ALL of Matthew 24 in or about the year 70 A.D.?
Yes sir.