Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Ravaged by Grace

Re: SEU (Southern Eastern University) updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
Well, when someone makes a special plea or provides a CV with academic credentials, that person is making an argument themselves - and "argument from authority" - they are making a claim that they are an "authority" to some degree on the matter under discussion based upon the degrees and other awards that they hold.

So far, the men whose arguments are under discussion lately have come up short when it comes to the degrees they have touted.

There are many others who have been discussed recently - Talmadge French, DKB and many others. These guys with authentic degrees, however, don't seem to make the sorts of outrageous claims that others with "exaggerated" degree credentials have made.

One exception - in my own observation - has been Arlo M. He does hold a valid and earned doctorate in chemical engineering from an accredited university. He has however made the most outlandish and unreasonable claims with regard to the creation/evolution debate. He peddles claims that most of the Young Earth crowd abandoned decades ago.

All of the rest of the guys making outrageous claims all have exaggerated their credentials.

There should be a special warning when one signs up for AFF:

"Do not.....we repeat, DO NOT, make any claims that you cannot absolutely and completely validate. If you do, Baron will hunt you and that claim down the the flippin' end of the earth and nail you to the wall."

That should be in the AFF intro.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Cross-examine it!

Now why would I agree to send them thousands of dollars and then what? I guess they forget about who you are even if you are adjunct faculty, who is Lee Stoneking. And if they are located in Arkansas and can't issue their diploma's in UK why do I need to mail my check to the UK?

Lee Stoneking should be ashamed of himself for trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes and should never be trusted since he was willing to send thousands of dollars to these people for them to mail him a PhD.

What a fraud.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Ravaged by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
So the question is: Why would Lee Stoneking go through the trouble of obtaining a Ph.D from this joke of a university?

Because 99.8 percent of his gullible audience is gullible, otherwise they wouldn't be listening to his pile of manure doctrine anyway. His audience is going to look at his degree and go, "WOW, not only is he sitting on the right hand of God, but he's educated. This gives even more credibility to his hair claims."

Is this a good time to tell you all that I have a Dr. of Psychology degree from NorthSouthern University?
Old 07-02-2010, 12:26 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1710 View Post
Now why would I agree to send them thousands of dollars and then what? I guess they forget about who you are even if you are adjunct faculty, who is Lee Stoneking. And if they are located in Arkansas and can't issue their diploma's in UK why do I need to mail my check to the UK?

Lee Stoneking should be ashamed of himself for trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes and should never be trusted since he was willing to send thousands of dollars to these people for them to mail him a PhD.

What a fraud.
So, think we can trust the rest of his bio? Is he really "Caucasian--English/German"?
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 07-02-2010, 12:26 PM
Ravaged by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
I looked at the faculty of ABI (LS's undergrad school) the other day. Most had Bachelor's degrees from ABI itself, and in some cases from other institutions as well. I think there were two doctorates: one in entomology and one in chemical engineering. Oh, whattya know: it would appear to be the same doc that Pel mentioned. Dr. Arlo Moehlenpah. He has a BS and an MS in chem eng., as well as a Th.B. in Apostolic Studies from ABI.

Anyway. Just sayin'.

(Edit: corrected the initials above. Although, the original typo (SE) may have been correct, too. Dunno. )

Wait.....Arlo Moehlenpah is at ABI? Is his doctorate legit? I always thought it was. But then again, I didn't do a Baron on him.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:27 PM
Ravaged by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1710 View Post
The latest email and my response. why do I feel like I am talking to someone in Nigeria?

The cost SEU charges for a masters is £3500 for 2010-2011. The requirement is either one piece of research of between 30-35000 words or 2 pieces on a related topic of between 15-18000 words each and a short essay (500-800 words) explaining the link between the two pieces. The time limits for submission are not less than 12 months and not more than 18 months from the date of registration.

I have spoken to one of the theology markers who is happy to guide you through a masters. The guidance is in essence provided to assist in the identification of research topics then comments on the progress reports sent in by the student and a provisional response to the work a month before final submission.

If you are still interested in joining the programme please send you address and I will have the enrolment forms sent to you.

kind regards
Dr John Johnson

My response:

Can you email me the forms?

Is it possible for me to have Lee Stoneking as my faculty contact?

This is too much fun.

(The Stoneking part)
Old 07-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Banned

We still don't even know what the Ph.D is in.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Ravaged by Grace

Quote:

Oh Jeffrey......I have the answer, but I cannot say it here!!!!! Ooooooohhhh, I want to SO badly.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by notofworks View Post
Oh Jeffrey......I have the answer, but I cannot say it here!!!!! Ooooooohhhh, I want to SO badly.
Let me guess, it's related to a Bachelor of Science?
Old 07-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Cross-examine it!

Quote:
Piled higher and deeper. The dung that is.