Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Music Room
Facebook

Notices

The Music Room Share your favorite music, or request song lyrics here.

Old 02-23-2007, 08:46 AM
Prayerful lives are powerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyhuff View Post
obviously you are a preacher, there is some people that music ministers to that sermons wont. songs that have the Word of God in them minister as well.

try letting praise and worship do your service, it will refresh you! The miracle you need is on the other side of your worship.No matter what it is, it can be financial, healing etc....

preaching is for the saints and preacher. worship is straight to Him.
this is from my experience. you know when the worship is right it is easier to minister, you agree??
Great Post Tyhuff!

Worship can cause a break through for healing, finances, etc. One of my pastors always said that worship is the most important part of the service.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:59 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMcD View Post
Great Post Tyhuff!

Worship can cause a break through for healing, finances, etc. One of my pastors always said that worship is the most important part of the service.

Where do you Biblical support for this???

One can find support for biblical preaching bring 'results'.

But the main problem is that you and most think church is for the people. It's not. It's for the worship of God and only in a secondary place for us. That's why He gets to choose what He wants in a service.

Remember Aaron's sons.

- Groucho Marx
Old 02-23-2007, 09:20 AM
I need a Triple Espresso, NOW!

Worship is an intimate time between us and God.....We worship God for who He is... We praise Him for what He's done. Many times we find breakthroughs in worship because we tend to give our all then, God is able to work on us. When we magnify God, He becomes larger to us, and we become smaller.....God has a way of working with us when we are smaller in our own eyes.....But it is the annointing that breaks the yoke. And I find that , worship service, many times, just sets the atmospere for the Word of God....Oh, how I love those times when one can break out with a HolyGhost dance right in the middle of preaching because God has spoken and ministered to them....How many times have you sat and just wept during a sermon because you knew God had your number. The worship service just seem to put you in tune with what the man of God has to give ya!

I never met a chocolate I didn't like!

*sigh* I did nothing yesterday.... I wasn't finished so I did nothing again today!
Old 02-23-2007, 05:44 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReformedDave View Post
Where do you Biblical support for this???

One can find support for biblical preaching bring 'results'.

But the main problem is that you and most think church is for the people. It's not. It's for the worship of God and only in a secondary place for us. That's why He gets to choose what He wants in a service.

Remember Aaron's sons.
2nd Chronicles 5:11 The priests then withdrew from the Holy Place. All the priests who were there had consecrated themselves, regardless of their divisions.
12 All the Levites who were musicians—Asaph, Heman, Jeduthun and their sons and relatives—stood on the east side of the altar, dressed in fine linen and playing cymbals, harps and lyres. They were accompanied by 120 priests sounding trumpets.
13 The trumpeters and singers joined in unison, as with one voice, to give praise and thanks to the LORD. Accompanied by trumpets, cymbals and other instruments, they raised their voices in praise to the LORD and sang: "He is good; his love endures forever."Then the temple of the LORD was filled with a cloud.
14 and the priests could not perform their service because of the cloud, for the glory of the LORD filled the temple of God.

Here is a fine example of musicians and preachers working together...lots of unity, so much that the preachers had to sit a bit cuz' the glory took over da place.

I tell my team, we follow the Pastors of our church and will go WHATEVER direction that they want to go...style, worship, length, even song titles. Yet the Pastors have confidence in our anointing, talents, prayer lives, that it creates a POWERFUL mix!!

It always cracked me up to hear "cocky" preachers say, "it ain't in the music, it's the preaching, yada, yada, yada" and then when they have exhausted themselves and no one is responding, they always say, "come back to the music", haha, I feel like leaving them standing there to do their own altar music, he he.

I am soooooooo glad that this isn't the case in our church, everyone respects each other, and builds/helps each other! We all NEED each other.

Dave, as awesome a preacher as your pops was, you CAN'T tell me that your music team didn't make a difference on "Pentecost Way"!!!
Old 02-23-2007, 06:03 PM
tyhuff

hey, our homes need to be a sanctuary, I hope we don't worship only at church. when I drive in my car I worship Him, no radio no nothing just my time to communicate with him, many times tears streaming down my face.
not with a list for Him but loving on Him. He wants my attention.
its a relationship we have I worship Him just because.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
2nd Chronicles 5:11 The priests then withdrew from the Holy Place. All the priests who were there had consecrated themselves, regardless of their divisions.
12 All the Levites who were musicians—Asaph, Heman, Jeduthun and their sons and relatives—stood on the east side of the altar, dressed in fine linen and playing cymbals, harps and lyres. They were accompanied by 120 priests sounding trumpets.
13 The trumpeters and singers joined in unison, as with one voice, to give praise and thanks to the LORD. Accompanied by trumpets, cymbals and other instruments, they raised their voices in praise to the LORD and sang: "He is good; his love endures forever."Then the temple of the LORD was filled with a cloud.
14 and the priests could not perform their service because of the cloud, for the glory of the LORD filled the temple of God.

Here is a fine example of musicians and preachers working together...lots of unity, so much that the preachers had to sit a bit cuz' the glory took over da place.

I tell my team, we follow the Pastors of our church and will go WHATEVER direction that they want to go...style, worship, length, even song titles. Yet the Pastors have confidence in our anointing, talents, prayer lives, that it creates a POWERFUL mix!!

It always cracked me up to hear "cocky" preachers say, "it ain't in the music, it's the preaching, yada, yada, yada" and then when they have exhausted themselves and no one is responding, they always say, "come back to the music", haha, I feel like leaving them standing there to do their own altar music, he he.

I am soooooooo glad that this isn't the case in our church, everyone respects each other, and builds/helps each other! We all NEED each other.

Dave, as awesome a preacher as your pops was, you CAN'T tell me that your music team didn't make a difference on "Pentecost Way"!!!
If we're to use the most current New Testament instructions for Lord's Day worship it would include preaching/teaching, singing, prayer, giving, the sacraments (baptism, Lord's supper), discipline, and fellowship.

These are the elements that make up the worship service. We are not to add or take away as God has ordained the way He wants to be worshiped.

The problem I have with most of today's is the audience-stage mentality of our services. Let's face it. Most of the time an effort is made to sing to the crowd primarily and God secondarily. The effort put forth by the worshipers should be worthy of the one being worshiped and for the most part it's not. We're not concerned about what He thinks but about what others think. Are our lyrics worthy of Him? Is the music actually worthy of worshiping our God?? We have musicians who don't understand what He requires but they can pack the place out and put on a great show. How do we judge the 'success' of a service and what gives us the right to change the pattern that He has set down? Does God ever say "Boy! I sure enjoyed the worship service today"? After all it's ALL about Him. I sure don't want to give Him strange fire.

If you'll notice that Aaron's sons gave God not something that He said not to give but they added and gave something extra and got nailed.

- Groucho Marx
Old 02-24-2007, 07:00 AM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReformedDave View Post
If we're to use the most current New Testament instructions for Lord's Day worship it would include preaching/teaching, singing, prayer, giving, the sacraments (baptism, Lord's supper), discipline, and fellowship.

These are the elements that make up the worship service. We are not to add or take away as God has ordained the way He wants to be worshiped.

The problem I have with most of today's is the audience-stage mentality of our services. Let's face it. Most of the time an effort is made to sing to the crowd primarily and God secondarily. The effort put forth by the worshipers should be worthy of the one being worshiped and for the most part it's not. We're not concerned about what He thinks but about what others think. Are our lyrics worthy of Him? Is the music actually worthy of worshiping our God?? We have musicians who don't understand what He requires but they can pack the place out and put on a great show. How do we judge the 'success' of a service and what gives us the right to change the pattern that He has set down? Does God ever say "Boy! I sure enjoyed the worship service today"? After all it's ALL about Him. I sure don't want to give Him strange fire.

If you'll notice that Aaron's sons gave God not something that He said not to give but they added and gave something extra and got nailed.
I actually agree with MOST of your post Dave, except for the highlighted part. I think you think that you have some type of knowledge of most church musician's hearts and I'm here to kindly tell you that you don't. There are church musicians around the world that are sincereley offering their gifts as a sacrifice of praise...I guess its the old glass half full/empty analagy?
As for the rest of your post, I feel like you are DEAD on correct, we have removed a lot of ther types of worship and I feel maybe its only due to traditions. I and I know you have as well, watched people pick and choose when they will "worship" God based on their prefernces alone, and this is indeed sad.
I really believe you have some insight to what you have stated and I applaud your honesty.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:47 PM
hammondb3klingon1

leave the homos alone so you can.. let me think PRAY FOR THEM SO THEY WILL NOT BE HOMO ANYMORE!!! Or do we just cut them loose and watch them burn. Hmmmm. But at least ask them nicely to GET OFF THE PLATFORM!!! Or not?
Old 02-24-2007, 06:04 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondb3klingon1 View Post
leave the homos alone so you can.. let me think PRAY FOR THEM SO THEY WILL NOT BE HOMO ANYMORE!!! Or do we just cut them loose and watch them burn. Hmmmm. But at least ask them nicely to GET OFF THE PLATFORM!!! Or not?
Got em in my family bro, I just continually love them, hug them, and pray for them...but they won't be singing with me on a church platform...family reunions and other venues...sure, sing along!
Old 02-24-2007, 07:42 PM
hammondb3klingon1

Got some in my family and I agree we love em and they can come to church but no platform