Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 08:36 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified

"Secrets of the heart?" What "secrets?" I would also like to know what the implication is here. There's no shame in Bro. McGruder remarrying, and it's not up to us to approve or disapprove of his choice in a wife.
Their posts make no sense.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:03 PM
curious observer

Re: Wedding Bells?

someone asked how their stance was and I just provided a link to an article showing that TT was a speaker there, (it is no secret how he feels about the upc) but used their platform... I wasn't saying anything one way or the other, and I am not saying anyone, except an elder in his life, should say anything, I wasn't attacking anybody

Last edited by Melody; 06-27-2011 at 10:23 PM. Reason: condense
Old 06-27-2011, 10:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
"Secrets of the heart?" What "secrets?" I would also like to know what the implication is here. There's no shame in Bro. McGruder remarrying, and it's not up to us to approve or disapprove of his choice in a wife.
No shame - right on.
He definitely does not need my approval.
I met Carroll McGruder right after the accident that claimed his first wife.
He was, and is, a gentlemen.
That does not prevent me from having an opinion or from paraphrasing scripture...
Old 06-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
No shame - right on.
He definitely does not need my approval.
I met Carroll McGruder right after the accident that claimed his first wife.
He was, and is, a gentlemen.
That does not prevent me from having an opinion or from paraphrasing scripture...
Again, what "secrets" of the heart being "exposed" are you referring to? That was a loaded (and snarky) comment.

If you don't want to explain what you mean, maybe you shouldn't make the comment to begin with.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 06-27-2011, 10:14 PM
curious observer

His remarrying was news anyway, regardless of who.

Last edited by Melody; 06-27-2011 at 10:22 PM. Reason: condense
Old 06-27-2011, 10:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
Again, what "secrets" of the heart being "exposed" are you referring to? That was a loaded (and snarky) comment.

If you don't want to explain what you mean, maybe you shouldn't make the comment to begin with.
You are right. I probably should not have even chimed in. I respect and admire CM. I do disagree strongly with him on some of his stands on doctrinal issues.
I think it would be prudent for me to not go into them in this setting, however.
Ok, MB you are right.
But only on this one.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:24 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody View Post
someone asked how their stance was and I just provided a link to an article showing that TT was a speaker there, (it is no secret how he feels about the upc) but used their platform... I wasn't saying anything one way or the other, and I am not saying anyone, except an elder in his life, should say anything, I wasn't attacking anybody
I believe the question was if the CHURCH was conservative standards-wise, not "their stance" aka CM as you are implying. If you would ask the vast majority of the saints they would tell you that they are conservative, as they always have been. CM may be a more liberal pastor then they have had in the past but this has not changed the church.

Also, you need to remember TSM travelled all over the country and ministered in many different churches, not just UPC, so for CM to welcome TT would be nothing more than returning the favor that so many non-UPC pastors have shown to TSM. Too bad others can't be like him.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:08 PM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdXcharm View Post
I believe the question was if the CHURCH was conservative standards-wise, not "their stance" aka CM as you are implying. If you would ask the vast majority of the saints they would tell you that they are conservative, as they always have been. CM may be a more liberal pastor then they have had in the past but this has not changed the church.

Also, you need to remember TSM travelled all over the country and ministered in many different churches, not just UPC, so for CM to welcome TT would be nothing more than returning the favor that so many non-UPC pastors have shown to TSM. Too bad others can't be like him.
Wouldn't that be nice!
Old 06-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Registered Member

Smile Re: Wedding Bells?

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AQuietPlace* View Post
Lol!!! So to qualify to sing at UPC events you have to look sour and unattractive??
Quietplace please defend me if I get jumped on because of what im about
to say.........

My wife said the same statement!!!! That alot of the women look beat
down.......... Just saying......... and sour and unhappy.......
Old 07-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
Funny story. CM was preaching a MO district Men's meeting about ten years ago... And was getting the crowd behind him en masse. I was one of the few that was not rising to my feet and cheering after each statement - I rarely have done that.

Sooo.... The dear elder veers into forbidden territory... And said those nonOneness Pentecostal Christians serve the same God and love Jesus as much as we do! He said "I know because I sing and preach for them (AOG) every year at their campmeetigs"

Well I was on my feet and cheering before I realized I was one of about ten that loved the statement. LOL Of course I think there was more but most were simply following the response shown by their leaders who were with them.
Well, I'm not one for standing and cheering but I would have to say "amen" to that.

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Closed Thread