Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-30-2018, 10:04 PM
Yeshua is God

Gospels of Matthew without Trinitarian ending

OK so far we have found 63 gospels of Matthew without a trinitarian text ending.

I started the collection back in 1999 with just 1 gospel of Matthew which committed the trinitarian ending, but little by little we have been able to find many more.

so this means that I am not alone in saying that the original Matthew read "in My name" instead of the triune phrase.
Old 08-31-2018, 04:39 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Gospels of Matthew without Trinitarian ending

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingZword View Post
OK so far we have found 63 gospels of Matthew without a trinitarian text ending.

I started the collection back in 1999 with just 1 gospel of Matthew which committed the trinitarian ending, but little by little we have been able to find many more.

so this means that I am not alone in saying that the original Matthew read "in My name" instead of the triune phrase.
Where are the 63 manuscripts? I would like you to post where we can see the fragments of Papyrus, or whatever you have available as physical evidence. It is puzzling that your first post is just making a baseless claim. Like, “63 Unicorns have been found at the end of the rainbow.” Where are the Unicorns? We are happy for your excitement. But, you can’t expect us to be excited without credible, tangible, evidence of manuscripts.
Old 08-31-2018, 06:24 AM
Registered Member

There are zero Greek manuscripts of the book of Matthew with a variant reading of Mt. 28:19. No not one.

There may have been at one time. But there none in existence today.
Old 08-31-2018, 06:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Where are the 63 manuscripts? I would like you to post where we can see the fragments of Papyrus, or whatever you have available as physical evidence. It is puzzling that your first post is just making a baseless claim. Like, “63 Unicorns have been found at the end of the rainbow.” Where are the Unicorns? We are happy for your excitement. But, you can’t expect us to be excited without credible, tangible, evidence of manuscripts.
You can't tell me unicorns don't exist. lol

Last edited by Aquila; 08-31-2018 at 06:36 AM.
Old 08-31-2018, 06:54 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pitta View Post
There are zero Greek manuscripts of the book of Matthew with a variant reading of Mt. 28:19. No not one.

There may have been at one time. But there none in existence today.
Saying maybe at one time cannot be used as a source. There were Dinosaurs at one time. We can say that because we have tangible, physical evidence. So, 63 what exactly?
Old 08-31-2018, 09:58 PM
Saved by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post

I second this, where are they? Are they Greek, Syriac, Coptic, or Traders Village? If they exist, I'm unaware. Admittedly though I am a novice on the different kinds of manuscripts and their datings, styles, unicals, etc. I just don't have the patience or interest to get too deep into that particular field. However, a claim like "63 manuscripts" demands tangible evidence if not explicit proof, or it means absolutely nothing.

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Old 08-31-2018, 11:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
I second this, where are they? Are they Greek, Syriac, Coptic, or Traders Village? If they exist, I'm unaware. Admittedly though I am a novice on the different kinds of manuscripts and their datings, styles, unicals, etc. I just don't have the patience or interest to get too deep into that particular field. However, a claim like "63 manuscripts" demands tangible evidence if not explicit proof, or it means absolutely nothing.
My conjecture is that, if the claim is true, it simply means that more copies of the middle ages Shem Tov Evan Bohan (The Touchstone), an anti-missionary Hebrew polemic that included his ultra-corrupt Matthew, were found.

However, he did not speak of manuscripts.

Quote:
So he might be including things like 20th and 21st century Gospels written by people who did not include the traditional ending (which is not trinitarian, it is simply scripture than actually is a linch pin of apostolic doctrine.)

Last edited by Steven Avery; 08-31-2018 at 11:26 PM.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:16 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

This whole argument is based on conjecture. Did Eusebius really mean that Matthew 28:19 omitted the traditional ending? No, but was emphasizing the true meaning of the verse. As One God Apostolics the traditional ending is more important to us than to the Trinitarian. Because it doesn't just say in His name. But that it shows the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost all being one in the same. Also those who believe that Matthew was originally penned in Hebrew not only to bring doubt to Matthew but to the whole New Testament.
Old 12-17-2018, 08:34 PM
Yeshua is God

OK we have now passed over 65 gospels of Matthew we have found without the Trinitarian formula. the more research we do, the more the numbers increase.
Old 12-17-2018, 08:35 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
OK we have now passed over 65 gospels of Matthew we have found without the Trinitarian formula. the more research we do, the more the numbers increase.
List them, please.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf