Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 10-07-2021, 07:06 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Prayer For Our Safety

We have been living with my mom and grandma a bit. My uncle is in and out and has some major anger issues...its been directed at both me and my wife in the presence of my child. It has made an already not ideal living situation very tense. I need God to intervene in this sooner than later. This is a very very VERY serious prayer request. If we had another place to go or a better situation we would have already left.

Im working full time with my daughter in kindergarten.

Both of our vehicles are down and Im paying fown a few things so I can get one of them reapired or trade it in for another clunker.

Once we are mobile that will be a huge step towards getting out.

Currently Im alternating between my mom and my grandmothers vehicle.

We arent freeloading. Ive helped my mom with some of her stuff and I split the utilities in half with my grandmother on top of getting the yard mowed regularly and paying for pest control.

I also pay for the gas and maintenance on the vehicles.

Again...this is a pretty bad attack and I know its primarily spiritual in nature.

The enemy doesnt like the progress and steps we have made in our marriage and walk with God...if you believe in such things its almost like a trailing unclean spirit...like the same thing that manifested with my dad but now its here and in someone else.

My wife has become fearful and Im struggling not to get physical with the situation...I almost feel like thats what its trying to do....provoke me into doing something that will be unwise.

I need God to fight this for us.

We need peace here and we need to be safe.

I love yall and thanks for the help.
Old 10-08-2021, 06:58 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Prayer For Our Safety

File a "Criminal Trespass" on the uncle, if he shows up, he'll get arrested.

Will be praying for you guys.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 10-09-2021, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Praying for you and your family.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 10-09-2021, 08:15 PM
Sister Alvear

Are you all OK?

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 10-09-2021, 09:36 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
Are you all OK?
Yes ma'am. So far so good. Just got a lot of tense situations under 1 roof. We are staying prayed up and doing our best to live at peace.
Old 11-03-2021, 09:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Yes ma'am. So far so good. Just got a lot of tense situations under 1 roof. We are staying prayed up and doing our best to live at peace.
Hey Jediknightwill83,

Since it is almost a month since your last post I wanted to touch base and see if you have an update for us. I have been praying for you and your family. I hope your situation has improved.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 11-23-2021, 10:59 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Hey Jediknightwill83,

Since it is almost a month since your last post I wanted to touch base and see if you have an update for us. I have been praying for you and your family. I hope your situation has improved.

Had more really bad blowups the past Saturday and last night. Dont forget us in prayer.