Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 06-19-2020, 06:17 PM
Registered Member

Re: Any Message Believers Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
A person has to be careful, because Jesus said that if something is done by the Holy Ghost and we claim it's the devil, that's not forgiveable.

I believe it was God with the man, personally. You cannot call Jesus Lord but by God's Spirit.

People flip out when people are used in the supernatural, like Branham, but go into error as Branham, did, too. Jesus said you can be justly used by God in the gifts, and yet he never know us. The gifts are without repentance. God is never sorry he gave them, despite people going into error later. Because of that, it's not offkey at all to say God genuinely used Branham.

And Rev 1:1 still stands as God using angels in the prophetic.

TW Barnes always believed highly about God using Branham.
I knew Branhamites up in Michigan, they believe he was God! So, it goes deeper than just what we have seen and heard. William Branham may have started off in the truth, but he erred greatly. The Bible says the gift blindeth the eye, just because a man is used in the gifts doesn’t mean he’s right with God.

I firmly believe angels are used in the prophetic.
Old 06-19-2020, 11:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Evil spirits talk to God, we see that with the Prophet Micaiah.
Evil spirits had direct interaction with God at one time of their existence. Not so with all men. There is a difference.

Quote:

I was just stating that if Balaam was indeed a prophet he is the only one, that was never proclaimed one.
Why does prophet have to be proclaimed as one? Not saying he does not, but what is the reason if so?

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 06-19-2020, 11:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I knew Branhamites up in Michigan, they believe he was God! So, it goes deeper than just what we have seen and heard.
Not sure what your point is here.

Quote:
William Branham may have started off in the truth, but he erred greatly. The Bible says the gift blindeth the eye, just because a man is used in the gifts doesn’t mean he’s right with God.

I firmly believe angels are used in the prophetic.
I said as much. Which is why it did not have to be a devil that was the angel he claimed was with him.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 06-20-2020, 06:06 AM
Registered Member

[QUOTE=mfblume;1589146]Not sure what your point is here.

I was giving a personal experience I had with some of his followers. My point is, even as we discourse about the man, his error went deeper than what we can understand. I believe is started off correctly, I believe he was used, yet he erred like so many have. There are followers of his to this day, they listen to his tapes on Sundays or Saturdays as there message, and they believe he was Jesus Christ on earth. Are all his followers like that probably not.
Old 06-20-2020, 09:30 AM
Registered Member

[QUOTE=Nicodemus1968;1589156]
Quote:
Not sure what your point is here.

I was giving a personal experience I had with some of his followers. My point is, even as we discourse about the man, his error went deeper than what we can understand. I believe is started off correctly, I believe he was used, yet he erred like so many have. There are followers of his to this day, they listen to his tapes on Sundays or Saturdays as there message, and they believe he was Jesus Christ on earth. Are all his followers like that probably not.
Jyde 11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

All tree of these men are listed together, and we know twp of the three, Cain and Koreh, were right with God at one point but drifted away. Why not Balaam?

But that does not Address the point to whether or not God was using him through his life. As I said, and you seem to agree, that we can be not right with God but still used of God in a gift. We can even use a gift for the wrong purposes like calling fire down whicj James and John tried to do.

Old 06-21-2020, 08:07 AM
Registered Member

[QUOTE=mfblume;1589162]
Quote:

Jyde 11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

All tree of these men are listed together, and we know twp of the three, Cain and Koreh, were right with God at one point but drifted away. Why not Balaam?

But that does not Address the point to whether or not God was using him through his life. As I said, and you seem to agree, that we can be not right with God but still used of God in a gift. We can even use a gift for the wrong purposes like calling fire down whicj James and John tried to do.
Weather Balaam was right with God at a time in his life, can be up for discussion. However, I also believe that a person can be used in gifts and not be saved. God uses who he wants to, I often say if God can use a donkey then he can use anyone.

2 Timothy 2:20
[20] But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Weather Balaam was right with God at a time in his life, can be up for discussion. However, I also believe that a person can be used in gifts and not be saved. God uses who he wants to, I often say if God can use a donkey then he can use anyone.

2 Timothy 2:20
[20] But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
My point all along was that God can genuinely use someone who is not even saved. Hence, whether Branham was saved or not, it was God using him.

Old 06-23-2020, 06:17 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Matthew 7:15-23 KJV
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. [16] Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? [17] Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. [18] A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. [19] Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. [20] Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. [21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. [22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? [23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 06-24-2020, 02:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Matthew 7:15-23 KJV
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. [16] Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? [17] Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. [18] A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. [19] Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. [20] Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. [21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. [22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? [23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
amen, and notice that Jesus didn't say that God was not actually performing that power through those people. But they were still false prophet.

Old 06-24-2020, 03:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
amen, and notice that Jesus didn't say that God was not actually performing that power through those people. But they were still false prophet.
I firmly believe its all about relationship.

Matthew 7:15-23
[15] Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
[16] Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
[17] Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
[18] A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
[19] Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
[20] Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Jesus said I never knew you. That word is used as when a man has intimate relations with a women. For example, “Adam knew his wife, and she conceived.”

They understood the power, they understood the authority of the name, yet they had no intimate relationship with the Lord. To them (scripture quoted) it was about the works the Lord did through them. That was salvational in their mind, yet its not.

There is a deeper place in the spirit for those that have that intimate relationship with Jesus. Look at Peter, Paul, James mightily used dont get me wrong. Yet, look at John the one who had his head upon the breast of Jesus. Look how he was used, look and see what he was able to see and partake in, I believe the Lord used him because the relationship they had with each other.

The Lord can use anyone that makes themselves available, yet that doesn’t mean there in a intimate relationship with the Lord. This is a well documented story of Billy Graham Sr. He went to Marylin Monroe and told her about the Lord, he said he felt the Lord told him to go, she rejected what he had to say, 1 week later she was dead. Did the Lord speak to him, I would say yes! Was Billy Graham saved, as far as I understand no he was not.