Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-18-2017, 11:52 AM
MercyQoe

5 Mistakes Of Young Christians to Avoid

A lot of young Christians today fell on a trap of their own mistakes and blame it to God and to other people instead of repenting and taking responsibility. Let me share some of those mistakes of young men and women of God today to l be able to avoid it.

1. OBEDIENT TO AUTHORITY BUT DISOBEDIENT TO PARENTS. Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with a promise (Ephesians 6:20). The Scripture is clearly telling every child to obey their Christian parents because this is right and well pleasing to the Lord. (Ephesians 6:1; Colossians 3:20). I have an unbelieving parents and one of my mistakes before was when I showed my parents that since I am Christian I know more, and they were always wrong. I obeyed my Pastor, my leaders but I disobeyed and disrespected my parents which were wrong. I am not saying that when your unbelieving parents tell you to quit going to church, you quit. I am not also telling you that when your unbelieving parents tell you to give up your faith, go and give it up (it’s not that brothers and sisters). Parents are also God given gift to us that we need to respect and obey them. No parent is perfect; many strive to be loving and consistent. When your parents give you boundaries and responsibilities it shouldn’t mean to be burdensome but it is to train you. And also for you to be able to succeed in life, you need to learn boundaries, distinguish between right and wrong and take on responsibilities. And with those young Christians with unbelieving parents, show them the love of Christ that is in you by obeying them when they told to do chores, to be good at school, to stay away from any wrong doings that would harm you. Obeying your parents is the reflection of your obedience to the Lord.

IRRESPONSIBLE AND UNFOCUSED. Most of young Christians today are irresponsible and unfocused. They set their eyes on the things of this world than on the things of God. Some Christian men and women are so focus on themselves instead of the souls around them. Enough for yourselves and set your eyes to God. Also, it is so easy for some to complain and blame others for their own mistakes than to take responsibility of it. Some women’s focus are to be sexy and beautiful instead of being godly and on fire for God and blame men when they were treated like a whore when they dress themselves and posted their sexy pictures on social medias. Young ladies, clothe yourself in modesty and holiness. It is time for women and so as men to take enough responsibilities in every aspect of your lives. As the scriptures says; “Let no man despite thy youth; but be you an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith and in purity (1 Timothy 4:12).

And for further details you may visit the link below;
http://thyanointing.tk/mistakes-of-y...ians-to-avoid/

God bless you in Christ Jesus name. I pray and hope this would help.
Old 08-18-2017, 11:57 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: 5 Mistakes Of Young Christians to Avoid

Did you write this yourself? If so, it was good advice.

+1

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 08-19-2017, 01:05 AM
MercyQoe

Yes I did and I wanted to help my sisters and brothers in Christ though my English is not really that good. All the glory belongs to our God.
Old 08-19-2017, 04:06 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy Qoe View Post
Yes I did and I wanted to help my sisters and brothers in Christ though my English is not really that good. All the glory belongs to our God.
thank you for posting
Old 08-19-2017, 10:39 AM
MercyQoe

Your welcome and God bless you in Jesus name.
Old 08-19-2017, 09:58 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Praise Jesus