Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Registered Member

Benny before Benny Hinn. "Marjoe"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9Kv7XRaKw8

It amazes me how this still goes on even today.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Rebel with a cause.

Re: Benny before Benny Hinn. "Marjoe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUKE2447 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9Kv7XRaKw8

It amazes me how this still goes on even today.
Does anyone remember this guy? Looks like some of the churches in which he's preaching are Apostolic churches.
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Old 08-05-2008, 10:04 AM
Scripture > Tradition

Bro. Mooney showed the upperclassmen theology students his full movie at IBC. His lesson was "Wolves among Sheep"

it was very very quiet afterwards as we made our way to lunch in the cafeteria
Old 08-05-2008, 10:09 AM
just lurking...

I have the entire DVD of this. It made me so sad to watch it. Some of the things he said were sooooo familiar, same with some of the tactics he used to get people to give money or "repent".

(A Disclaimer for those who tend to think the worst of me, my saying that in no way implies that I think all pentecostal preaches are corrupt and manipulative )
Old 08-05-2008, 10:10 AM
Scripture > Tradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michlow View Post
I have the entire DVD of this. It made me so sad to watch it. Some of the things he said were sooooo familiar, same with some of the tactics he used to get people to give money or "repent".

(A Disclaimer for those who tend to think the worst of me, my saying that in no way implies that I think all pentecostal preaches are corrupt and manipulative )
ive been looking for it on DVD. Where can i snag it?
Old 08-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Administrator

Don't have time to watch this right now but if it is Marjoe Gardner (sp?) he capped off his evangelistic career by appearing nude in Playgirl back in the 70's!!!!
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 08-05-2008, 10:24 AM
just lurking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikwebster View Post
ive been looking for it on DVD. Where can i snag it?
I won mine in a drawing at a different forum, but it looks like it is available at amazon.com. You might also want to check ebay.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Registered Member

CC1 it is! It is sick really how this happened and it really shows how easily people are guided mentaly without them even knowing it.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Registered Member

Anyone watch "Derren Brown Mind Control" on SciFi or some other channel. Perfect example of manipulation. If you have a chance watch the show where he talks about religous conversion. Scary in the sense of sometimes you see our weaknesses but an unbelievable show!
Old 08-05-2008, 11:16 AM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

There is nothing new about these charlatans.

Phil 1:18 (KJV)
18 What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.