Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Homestead > Chef's Corner
Facebook

Notices

Chef's Corner Every Cook's favorite place! Post your recipes, share your cooking tips and ideas, etc.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:09 AM
Banned

Re: Cajun Boudon ?

Yes, but it does not go against yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
That doesn't go against your dietary laws?
Old 07-28-2012, 04:05 PM
I Am That I Am.

Cajun boudin is usually rice, and chicken or pork chunks with a seasoning, inside a skin. It can be filled with rice dressing instead though. Subject to change though, boudin can have anything in it really. I had this amazing applewood smoked boudin, best I ever had. Also, it isn't cajun if it isn't spicy, IMHO.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:58 PM
Banned

I generally treat it as containing pork and have cheerfully switched to acceptable and identically unhealthy replacements (the crawfish and cheese pistolettes at the Boiling Point come to mind)

LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Matt View Post
Cajun boudin is usually rice, and chicken or pork chunks with a seasoning, inside a skin. It can be filled with rice dressing instead though. Subject to change though, boudin can have anything in it really. I had this amazing applewood smoked boudin, best I ever had. Also, it isn't cajun if it isn't spicy, IMHO.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:30 PM
I Am That I Am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
I generally treat it as containing pork and have cheerfully switched to acceptable and identically unhealthy replacements (the crawfish and cheese pistolettes at the Boiling Point come to mind)

LOL
Crawfish isn't really that unhealthy. Seafood is generally the healthiest meat you can eat.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:28 AM
Registered Member

When I was a child my first experience with people who make boudin were my sisters husbands family. They killed some animals. We all were given cow horns that had been cleaned out. We would put the casing on the tip and stuff. Then they would immerse the sausage into a pot of boiling water and voila...boudin.....It is ground up pork innerds folks don't fool yourself. Ground and seasoned. They add some parsley, some green onions and some spices and cooked rice. It's not dirty rice. BTW I have never made dirty rice. People from other areas especially Texas make this. We call it rice dressing here in South Louisiana and it is served aside of BBQ along with a scoop of pork and beans and potato salad. Gladly we don't all eat like this. I make meat loaf and spaghetti and meat balls regularly. Boudin is a very fattening food that is really not very healthy unless you want a heart attack or diabetes. Most Acadian food developed in Louisiana due to the people being poor. Rice goes a long way. The old line is.....company is coming add some more water to the gumbo.....