Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-12-2011, 09:02 PM
curious observer

legal question

why would the courts need to see the church records in a divorce hearing?
curiouser and curiouser
Old 01-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Re: legal question

Talk to us girl. What is this in reference to?

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 01-12-2011, 09:04 PM
ultra con (at least here)

Legal Answer to Legal Question:

It depends.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:10 PM
mary

What kind of church records? Huge difference between tithes statements and private school bills, attendance rosters, and counseling files, for instance.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody View Post
why would the courts need to see the church records in a divorce hearing?
curiouser and curiouser
Whatever you do, do NOT ask a lawyer that isn't getting "compensated" by you., not even a christian(?) lawyer..(conflict of interests and all).

As for your question, I can venture a partially informed guess:
To 'track' the 'community' funds (tithing may be considered an 'expenditure'), and unfortuneately, TRULY IT DOES depend on why they need to know., couldn't tell ya without more info., this is why I "guessed".

It could be that one of those parties (or their respective atty) to the divorce is wanting to make a big deal out of just how much money they made together BEFORE the expenses; maybe its the husband and he is facing having to pay "alimony" (if its in a state that allows that AND community property as well), and so forth., too many details, I do hope this isn't YOU you're asking about., we should pray for this marriage, no matter whom it is.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyme View Post
Whatever you do, do NOT ask a lawyer that isn't getting "compensated" by you., not even a christian(?) lawyer..(conflict of interests and all).

As for your question, I can venture a partially informed guess:
To 'track' the 'community' funds (tithing may be considered an 'expenditure'), and unfortuneately, TRULY IT DOES depend on why they need to know., couldn't tell ya without more info., this is why I "guessed".

It could be that one of those parties (or their respective atty) to the divorce is wanting to make a big deal out of just how much money they made together BEFORE the expenses; maybe its the husband and he is facing having to pay "alimony" (if its in a state that allows that AND community property as well), and so forth., too many details, I do hope this isn't YOU you're asking about., we should pray for this marriage, no matter whom it is.
What???!!!!!!!!???? Conflict????And yes like I said it depends.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:34 PM
curious observer

Additional Orders by Court - YES; Terms of additional orders - PETITIONER TO PROVIDE RESPONDENT COPIES OF: 1) CHURCH BY LAWS, 2) TITHE OFFERING RECORDS, AND 3) CHURCH ANNUAL FINANCIALS

not me,

WHY are there so many "surprise" divorces in the church community, well actually in leadership?
is it because we can't be transparent in a safe environment without being pushed out of the ranks?
Old 01-14-2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody View Post
Additional Orders by Court - YES; Terms of additional orders - PETITIONER TO PROVIDE RESPONDENT COPIES OF: 1) CHURCH BY LAWS, 2) TITHE OFFERING RECORDS, AND 3) CHURCH ANNUAL FINANCIALS

not me,

WHY are there so many "surprise" divorces in the church community, well actually in leadership?
is it because we can't be transparent in a safe environment without being pushed out of the ranks?
I assume one of the parties was pastor?
Old 01-15-2011, 07:36 AM
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Griffin View Post
I assume one of the parties was pastor?
If one is a pastor I could see this as possibly necessary. All sources of income and assets are explored. Even one's future pension.

That's the nature of the beast.

One thing I learned during mine is you will have to be willing to negotiate and give up major concessions to keep or get what is most important.

To me, seeing my kids and being part of their lives most or even half of the week was most important and it was worth the cost

My future security (pension) was not going to be on the table either.

Last edited by DAII; 01-15-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:07 AM
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

Yes, I think there are many "surprise" divorces in leadership because the culture is very much about "appearances". As long as the makeup on their faces is "natural" and not ruby red all is well in Camelot even if concealing battered bruises.

Last edited by DAII; 01-15-2011 at 08:38 AM.