Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Mormonism 101
Facebook

Notices

Mormonism 101 Discuss Mormon doctrine, history, and practice

Old 04-17-2008, 11:00 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Re: What do you think about the Mormon sect in Tex

There has to be bunch of UPC woman who's neighbors are wondering when the Red Carpet bus is going to stop to pick them up.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:02 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Phelps View Post
I don't make nearly enough money to support 9 wives, lol.
In the compound you do not support the family or the wives.

You send out the young men who can be trusted to work in the real world.

They bring back the paycheck and pay the bills.

If you are not trusted they kick you out.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:23 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckstadt View Post
There has to be bunch of UPC woman who's neighbors are wondering when the Red Carpet bus is going to stop to pick them up.
Say what??

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 04-18-2008, 09:11 AM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sept5SavedTeen View Post
That's really a supporting Scripture on polygamy. Are all going to be bishops? No. Are those who have multiple wives barred from being bishops? Is there anything INHERANTLY wrong with a man having multiple wives, from that Scripture? No. Women are also barred from being bishops- is there something inherantly wrong with them? I also stated before that that particular standard could have been put in place to protect the families of men that would be in polygamous marriages. Certainly a man with one wife and kids and also being a bishop has enough on his plate, so a man with many wives should definately NOT seek out being a bishop. The fact is is that Scripture doesn't speak against polygamy. Now this has little affect on us in the USA, but in Africa, if the missionaries had realized this, various families would have stayed together and strong, and perhaps more souls would have been won as opposed to the "monogamy stumblingblock" that was put out for men ALREADY in polygamous marriages.

GOD BLESS!
Bro. Alex
The only Scripture (not counting the one about a Bishop) that I can think of that is against polygamy is the words of Jesus in Matthew 6:24

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 04-18-2008, 06:22 PM
Registered Member

I’m thinking about the scripture where Paul talks about it being better for a man to not marry, but if he must then let him have his own wife.

I would think this would imply just one wife - not many

1 Corinthians 7
1Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.

2Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

Side note: do you think this is where the Catholics get the impression that priests should not marry?

Best,
Mike
Old 04-18-2008, 06:51 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sept5SavedTeen View Post
You know, biggotted statements like that... I'm a Biblical Christian, I am not "denominational" and if I were I wouldn't believe only my denomination will be saved. I'm independent and I believe Apostolics from many different denominations will be saved. The only people I'm not sure about being saved will be Apostolics who were "one-steppers" and who went around preaching that and decieving people. If you're a one-stepper though, and just a bit unsure and your not hindering souls from obeying Acts 2:38 thru that false doctrine, then I believe there's hope for you. If your "Apostolic" though and telling trinitarians, "Oh you're fine just where you are..." Either you'll be punished in some way or lost, GOD will not let you get by on that. Btw, I had the oppurtunity to share the Gospel today with a girl who's Catholic- I'm believing she'll be baptized in the near future!

GOD BLESS!
Bro. Alex
Bro Alex, could you give supporting scripture that will actually support your ideas? I do know that neither you or I are God so neither of us has the power to say whom is saved and whom is not. What we can do is line it up with scripture and if it matches then we are fine. But what we can not do is twist scripture to mean and say what we want it to say and mean. All in context my brother. Gotta be used in context and I am affraid that most of the so called anti-trinitarian scriptures are taken out of context. I believe that the oneness is the closest to being Biblically correct, but NO one here has all the answers and to act like we do it foolish. I am a 1-stepper more or less and I in no way preach or teach false doctrine and when you say we will be punished or lost that is just a clear sign that you are stepping into God's shoes....how do they fit? By the way none of us 1-steppers are sitting here saying you are leading people to hell cause you breed judmentalism or elitism. No one is saying that you breed cookie cutter christians that sometimes are as deep as a table spoon of water. We are not sitting saying that you all make people live their spiritual lives between themselves, God and the pastor. We are not saying that....8-}
Old 04-18-2008, 08:23 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
Say what??
Here was my original comment that you said. "Say What"?

Here is the answer if you were not observant.

All of the woman and children on the news leaving the compound were put on buses that had the name, "Red Carpet" on the side of the bus.

Now do you get it?
Old 04-18-2008, 08:46 PM
Forever Loved Admin

I don't know why but I continue to be shocked at the bigotry of supposed apostolics about other apostolics. It's a shame, wonder if Jesus can decide which of us are His.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 09-09-2008, 11:00 PM
Banned

I for one KNOW the morons...uh...wait ...Mormons are going to hell for having forced sex with 13 year old girls.
Old 01-16-2019, 07:18 PM
Registered Member

The FLDS are trying to live holy lives as they perceive it via Mormon history, doctrine and teachings. As a former Mormon, I feel sorry for the FLDS people. There is such a thing as being sincere, yet sincerely misled, deceived and wrong. Makes me so very thankful that even though I spent a few years as a Mormon in the mainstream Salt Lake City Utah based Mormon church, that I was raised Apostolic. I joined because I wanted some place to "Fit in and feel needed". I found out that the faith I was raised with was all I really needed after all.

Dr. Paul S. Martin