Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

United Pentecostal or Divided Pentecostal

I am sitting here before work and I am watching Pastor Tommy Bates from KY preaching. He is an old time Pentecostal preacher. He is preaching at a church that used to be Southern Baptist but it is now a Non-Denominal church. He was is talking about holding to a title. He names several denominations like Southern Baptist, etc. He mentioned United Pentecostal or Divided Pentecostal. I thought it was funny when heared in context. He is talking about holding to God's move and not to a title.

It got me to thinking. I know that we are not all UPC but as a whole are we a United Pentecostal Church or a Divided Pentecostal Church? He is talking about a time he and his family was asked to sing at a Pentecostal Church and they followed ALL the standards but they were all baptized in the titles. The pastor told them since they weren't baptized in Jesus name that they couldn't sing on the platform. I know that many of us like to hold our titles. It is funny that people that love holding on to a title are against baptizing in titles.

Even though there are fellowship lines that we may not cross now, but why? Why are we not A unified church across all lines? Why aren't we Pentecostals meeting with those that aren't just like us? Are we SO caught up with doctrine that we forsake fellowship? Why? Are there any people on here that are like me that think that we MUST fellowship with others inorder to make full advantage of what God wants us to accomplish? Sorry this is so lengthy.

I think that God's spirit is SO strong that if we are to fellowship others they will want a touch of the HG like that is on most of us. But sad to say that because we don't fellowship and we draw lines of division it make them not want ANYTHING we have.