Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Missions Area
Facebook

Notices

Missions Area Reports and photos from Missionaries

Old 01-14-2009, 11:35 AM
Registered Member

Pastor, are you looking for a church?

There is a small congregation in West Central Georgia that needs a Pastor. They are seeking a Pastor that believes in one God, name is Jesus, and that baptizes in the name of Jesus Christ. They need a Pastor that preaches holiness. The church is small in membership, and therefore can not pay the Pastor much, maybe about $100.00 to $150.00 weekly. I pray that a preacher will be led by God to that small church, because they really love Jesus. I was there last Sunday, and had a wonderful time in the Spirit.

If any Preacher is interested in taking a small church, then I will give them more information.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:28 PM
Sister Alvear

Re: Pastor, are you looking for a church?

I would say he would have to be called...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 01-14-2009, 02:57 PM
Registered Member

Lol, I'm thinking with this cold front coming through up north almost everyone's interested!
2 Peter 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
Gaffney Bible Fellowship
Old 01-14-2009, 03:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
I would say he would have to be called...

Nope, just want it.
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:21 PM
Registered Member

What do they mean by holiness?
Old 01-15-2009, 07:15 AM
Registered Member

If you are Apostolic you should know what holiness is.....walk right, talk right, spit white. The Bible says...that without holiness no man shall see God. Holiness is being Christ-like....HOLY, everyday 365 days a year 366 in a leap year. Dress modest, women look like women and men look like men...You should know if you believe the Apostles doctrine....the early church. Our church wants a true man of God...not a hypocrite.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:40 AM
Sister Alvear

Spit white...what if you use green mouthwash! ha....
Blessings and praying that you all can find a pastor.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 01-15-2009, 07:56 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
If you are Apostolic you should know what holiness is.....walk right, talk right, spit white. The Bible says...that without holiness no man shall see God. Holiness is being Christ-like....HOLY, everyday 365 days a year 366 in a leap year. Dress modest, women look like women and men look like men...You should know if you believe the Apostles doctrine....the early church. Our church wants a true man of God...not a hypocrite.
Alrighty then....
Old 01-15-2009, 10:53 AM
Registered Member

So to be specific do you want a Pastor who teaches it is wrong for a man to wear a beard and short sleeves? That a woman can never trim her hair or wear pants?

Where does your group stand on turning the other cheek? How about giving to everyone who asks? How about being judged for every idle word? Speaking evil of no man?

I ask what they mean by holiness because holiness is a vast subject and some take a little smidgen of it and oppose the rest. Just wanting clarification.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:06 PM
Registered Member

To be honest, what I want is not the question really, it is what do we feel that God wants. So to be specific, the Bible teaches us to dress modest, if we have the genuine Holy Ghost, the Spirit of God will let us know when we are not pleasing to God. As for myself, If a man has facial hair, that is between him and God, it grew naturally and I would not have a problem with it. If a woman has hair below her shoulders, that would be considered long. A man should have a hair cut above his neck and not covering his ears. I believe that short sleeves is modest apparel. According to the Bible (KJV) we should not cross-dress, men have their apparel (pants) and women have theirs (dresses or skirts). Even the public restrooms have a symbol to distinguish who should occupy. If you are a guy, then you go to the one that shows, pants. If you are lady, then you go to the one that shows a skirt.....simple.

Where does your group stand on turning the other cheek? Jesus said 70 times 7, I believe, and that is in ONE DAY. But one day He will stop, and He will not always strive with man.

How about giving to everyone who asks? Jesus said, ask and you shall receive. So far, we were able to give to all that asked. As long as Jesus blesses us, we will bless all we can.

How about being judged for every idle word? If God is going to be the Judge, then so be it. We are not to judge others. God did not call anyone to Judge, only to come to repentance. The Holy Ghost will judge each one that He dwells in, and He will let you know when you are in error.

Speaking evil of no man? We should not gossip, or speak anything that is not truth. We should shun the very appearance of evil.

What I mean by the word holiness, is just what the Bible means about it. Without it we will not see Jesus when he appears. To make it clearer is WWJD and you could change would to wouldn't.