Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Islamic Issues and News
Facebook

Notices

Islamic Issues and News Discuss Islam and report on current issues regarding Islam

Old 04-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Not riding the train

Re: Islam vs. Christianity Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
It is said that the Quran was delivered to Mohammed by an angel.

My only comment is that when I am confused about something I thoroughly research it for discrepencies from the text and requirements of God's law handed down since the beginning of time to Abraham, Moses, and the prophets after them. Research generally works for me and I am cynical as it is. My advice then would be, if you are truly curious, and not speaking idle words, to search for the answer to your questions. You are certainly able to search for what you are supposed to do with your life in your own Bible. It is there. Even the Quran says it is there.

So the apostle Paul was God-inspired, yes? Follow his words and your churches will look like mosques anyway.

"Let your women keep silence in the churches, for it is not permitted unto them to speak. They are commanded to be under obedience. And if they will learn anything, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for a woman to speak in the church"

"If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off, and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved, she should cover her head"

God-Inspired? Why don't christians follow it then? "re-interpreted?"
We have several threads on that very subject, so I'm not going to re-open this new topic you have brought up.

The Bible doesn't confuse us as to who placed God's Word in our hearts and hands. The Quran, by it's very writings contradict it's own origin. That is the topic. I would like to stay on that very topic as it's the root of the matter.

According to the Hadith, Mohammed's writings were collected from fragments from tablets of stone, ribs of palm branches, camels' shoulder blades and ribs, pieces of board and the breasts of men.

Mishkat al Masabih, Sh. M. Ashraf, Lahore (1990) p. 469. Also Bukhari Vol. 9 No. 301.

It is also said that some of the first attempts at compiling Mohammed's writings were by his daughter, Fatimah. She had to contest some of the facts with some of her father's followers because different versions were being recited by the people. It is also said that Mohammed's wife, Hafsa, also helped in the compilation.

I've also read that the final work was credited to Zaid ibn Thabit, whom some believe was merely the editior.

The origins is what I am interested in here - not the various writings in either book. We can get into that some other time.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I was born in Texas. I have lived in the US (Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Alaska) my entire life (laughing@ the "try living here" comment) So, ALL of my posts are from the perspective of a southern, conservative, former christian, truck-owning member of the NRA. So, with that in mind, please know you are talking to one of your own who has been there, done that, and has a closet full of lots of different t-shirts.

Some Muslim nut beheads his wife? There's no "honor" in that. Islam teaches us that we are our spouse's protecter and that we are like garments to each other. He appears to have failed. Miserably. With this in mind, feel free, with my fullest support, to treat him as a common criminal, committing a particularly heinous crime, and fry him. Sweden has problems? Bully. Again, start on your own streets with your own (record levels of) prison population, get that in order, then worry about Sweden. It's about looking at anything anywhere but in the mirror for you guys isn't it? (laughing)

I'm pretty sure no raggedy band of extremist villagers has a thing to do with either job losses OR crime rates back home. I believe I'll choose today to stick to the basics (prayer, fasting, charity, and One God) and try to spend as little time as possible on the other things.

As to your "hear we go" - remember (I), out of respect to this forum, generally quote the Bible, that was one of my rare quotes from the Quran. The others who post quotes from the Quran on this forum, picking and choosing to further their agenda of inciting hatred of Muslims, are no different in my mind from the raggedy extremists who pick and choose THEIR quotes to further their agendas. Extremism eventually leads down (1) path no matter where it starts.
As I said, I'm fairly new to these posts (I generally stick to Debate rooms), so I only breifly read something about you living here in the U.S., and then moved to Saudi Arabia. While you may bash the U.S., please note that PBS recently noted that the Middle East has the highest rate of mental retardation in the world. That's not a slur, it's fact. Might explain some things as to the "honor killings" and stuff like that. Might also be the result of all that inbreeding you guys do. You think we're attracted to your women? Are you kidding me? I've seen the Muslim women without their veils (usually it's the married ones, right?).
WOOF.
I've seen better faces on horses.
Sadly, I've also seen them try and walk across the street here as well. The men must still be allowed to beat their wives. It's like watching an 80 year old woman, and yet they're about half that age.
I find it interesting that you want me to quote a book (the Bible) in which you can't accept because Jesus was crucified. You claim ignorance when it comes to Muhammed (his illiteracy). I don't understand a culture (such as Islam) in which it's perfectly fine to wipe your butt with your bare hands, but claim handling pork is "unclean." Please explain that one. That's a real puzzler to me. Incidentally, if ham is so unclean, why does Mu-HAM-med have the word ham in it? Get that one.
By the way, please tell me why Muslims NEVER admit that they're wrong. Everything's based upon what others did, even when there's a Muslim on Muslim crime here, they claim that it's wrong for the American outsiders to get involved. Even the 9/11 attacks were blamed on Americans. They can never admit when they are wrong.
The reason I don't follow Islam is because it's god is not a god of love. There is no such thing as forgiveness. This has been pointed out a number of times by former Muslims. It's a religion based upon fear.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I'm quite sure that the murder rates back home have a great deal to do with both godlessness and the tolerance by a so-called 'christian society' for godless acts. A billion Muslims worldwide - and you manage to scratch up a few articles about a few scraggly criminals overseas while overlooking tens of thousands who get killed right in your own community. Do choose to be a hero and clean up your streets before you look overseas to clean up ours (which are, btw, apparantly safer for little children than your sunday school classes judging by the recent news). Perhaps I'll move back home to the good ole USA after they are cleaned up. Thank you for the invitation to leave. It is graciously declined. I got kicked around in Jesus name enough to have earned a seat here.
Then why are Muslims coming here if it's so bad? Incidentally, I know about the 3 Muslim houses: The house of peace (until Muslims are a majority), the house of War (when Muslims are a majority) and the House of neutrality (I believe) is the third one.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Steinway View Post
Are we now allowing representatives of all religions on AFF? We need to also allow Buddhism and Hinduism to go along with Islam to balance things out!
Buddhism is nothing more than repackaged atheism. Hinduism? Don't kill that cow. It might be Uncle Charlie.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:04 PM
Registered Member

Location: just north of the celtics red sox and patriots go baby!

tt your killing me, i dont think ive laughed any harder after reading your posts # 82,83,84 wii cant be reached right now, he is out doing some more charity work , like using smaller rocks for stonings.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Banned

Dunno. Why are so many expats moving with their families over here if it's so good there? They're coming in droves (laughing) Maybe it's a 'greener grass thing' and not about religion or politics at all. Either way, the crime statistics stand for themselves. Cross that with the taxes, job situation, banking situation over there and I had enough. I just wanted some peace and quiet, and the chance to actually keep what I earn for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Trini View Post
Then why are Muslims coming here if it's so bad? Incidentally, I know about the 3 Muslim houses: The house of peace (until Muslims are a majority), the house of War (when Muslims are a majority) and the House of neutrality (I believe) is the third one.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Banned

I will politely say that this post does not warrant a reply. Points for idle entertainment though. I nominate this as the "Alan Greenspan post of the day". Lots of words, nothing specific, nothing of value, nothing that would sway the markets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Trini View Post
As I said, I'm fairly new to these posts (I generally stick to Debate rooms), so I only breifly read something about you living here in the U.S., and then moved to Saudi Arabia. While you may bash the U.S., please note that PBS recently noted that the Middle East has the highest rate of mental retardation in the world. That's not a slur, it's fact. Might explain some things as to the "honor killings" and stuff like that. Might also be the result of all that inbreeding you guys do. You think we're attracted to your women? Are you kidding me? I've seen the Muslim women without their veils (usually it's the married ones, right?).
WOOF.
I've seen better faces on horses.
Sadly, I've also seen them try and walk across the street here as well. The men must still be allowed to beat their wives. It's like watching an 80 year old woman, and yet they're about half that age.
I find it interesting that you want me to quote a book (the Bible) in which you can't accept because Jesus was crucified. You claim ignorance when it comes to Muhammed (his illiteracy). I don't understand a culture (such as Islam) in which it's perfectly fine to wipe your butt with your bare hands, but claim handling pork is "unclean." Please explain that one. That's a real puzzler to me. Incidentally, if ham is so unclean, why does Mu-HAM-med have the word ham in it? Get that one.
By the way, please tell me why Muslims NEVER admit that they're wrong. Everything's based upon what others did, even when there's a Muslim on Muslim crime here, they claim that it's wrong for the American outsiders to get involved. Even the 9/11 attacks were blamed on Americans. They can never admit when they are wrong.
The reason I don't follow Islam is because it's god is not a god of love. There is no such thing as forgiveness. This has been pointed out a number of times by former Muslims. It's a religion based upon fear.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:29 PM
Beautiful are the feet......

Funny thread!
Old 04-20-2009, 04:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oletime View Post
wii cant be reached right now
Oh, you mean the alternate to the next playstation 3 (lol). Wii?
Old 04-20-2009, 04:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Dunno. Why are so many expats moving with their families over here if it's so good there? They're coming in droves (laughing) Maybe it's a 'greener grass thing' and not about religion or politics at all. Either way, the crime statistics stand for themselves. Cross that with the taxes, job situation, banking situation over there and I had enough. I just wanted some peace and quiet, and the chance to actually keep what I earn for awhile.
Sorry. I don't believe it at all. I've been to the Middle East, namely Bahrain, and seen the hatred Muslims have for Americans. It's enough to make your hair stand on end. I've seen the hatred in thjeir eyes. As I said, you don't understand Christianity because your God is not a god of love. Merely hatred. When we left Bahrain, we hadn't slept for 18+ hours. As soon as we were airborne and off Arab soil, we laid back and the entire plane was full of snoring soldiers and sailors (alliteration?). But not until then.
You don't like the taxes in the U.S.? You mean you don't like supporting your fellow Muslim brothers and sisters in the faith who live off the American welfare system, free medical (using emergency rooms), food stamps and other stuff?
Do you notice where King Hussein (of Jordan) goes to when he feels really sick? It's not an Arab country. Notice that all the Kings have foreign wives, and not Arab ones? Or very few? You can huff and puff, but America is the best. You hate the U.S. because we are the best.
If I ever make it back to the Middle East, it'll be to defend Israel.