Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-17-2019, 08:57 AM
Registered Member

Re: Other Apostolic Message Boards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
I read a lot on here but rarely post. Much of the time it’s due to the fact that the topics are theologically over my head. I am Oneness and know what I believe but wonder why everyone argues so much about what they believe. Lots of ego I suspect. I don’t know if this is supposed to be for pastors only now but much of the content seems argumentative and anti UPC
I actually like the discussions, but do not have the time to engage in most of them.
I would also say that there are a few members who see every post as a nail.

And themselves as a hammer...
Old 04-17-2019, 09:03 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I wonder if Uncle Sam garnishes any income from her website? That would be simply unjust, in my opinion.
I know, right!?! Ha!
Old 04-17-2019, 10:07 AM
Registered Member

The latest vBulletin is 5.4.5. I'm having a hard time finding their release notes. The security patches themselves are worth it, but I wonder if there is something else regarding new features worth checking out.

If updating this one costs money, perhaps switching to an open source one would be a better approach. phpBB comes to mind. There is a convertor for vB 3.X: https://www.phpbb.com/community/view...641375&start=0
Old 04-17-2019, 11:17 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I read a lot on here but rarely post. Much of the time it’s due to the fact that the topics are theologically over my head. I am Oneness and know what I believe but wonder why everyone argues so much about what they believe. Lots of ego I suspect. I don’t know if this is supposed to be for pastors only now but much of the content seems argumentative and anti UPC
I could easily see how you might draw to this conclusion. Debating isn't uncommon here on AFF, but I believe that the majority of us conduct our discussions on certain disagreements in a respectful and adult manner.

Some, but not all, of the members here are in some form of evangelistic ministry, or at least that's my guess. Their views and manner might just be leading me to that assumption, but I could very well be wrong.

Likewise, the majority of us here at AFF aren't too prideful and therefore are perfectly fine with clarifying our statements and apologizing for any wrongdoing or unintentional hurt we might have bestowed upon someone.

As for the UPC stance, some here are UPC, but most of us are independent, I would say. The UPC opinions vary, but some are weary that the church, or the UPC denomination, has lowered its expectations and therefore are going in a wrong direction.

God bless!
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.

Last edited by Bro Flame; 04-17-2019 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-17-2019, 08:15 PM
Registered Member

Thanks Holy Roller. I,for one, am all about a lil sarcasm and banter but some of these responses to others seems mean spirited. Is the UPC stance because of the standards?
Old 04-17-2019, 10:28 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
“I want to focus on my salad.”
Old 04-22-2019, 12:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Thanks Holy Roller. I,for one, am all about a lil sarcasm and banter but some of these responses to others seems mean spirited. Is the UPC stance because of the standards?
You're more than welcome.

I tend to have a sarcastic tongue myself, but I could see where your conclusion being that remarks here are often mean-spirited. I don't know really if they are intended to come off that way, but hiding behind these keyboards and computer screens, it's hard for us to decipher what someone's intended intention was or was not.

However, I don't personally believe that the majority of the posters here are aiming in any way at all to hurt anyone's feelings intentionally. Perhaps some of us get too determined in the Our Way Is Right attitude, but that doesn't automatically make it all mean-spirited in intention.

The stances on the UPC is very diverse here, or so I've gathered. I say stances (with an "S") because there are a multitude of different ideas floating around on here about the UPC and the churches, congregations, and preachers underneath that umbrella.

I know some feel the UPC has lowered its expectations, and therefore see it has heading in a wrong direction. Other opinions can be extremely diverse, and people have these feelings for a variety of different reasons. To narrow down a specific overall ruling of AFF members' opinions on the UPC is nearly impossible. That is something you'd have to discuss with each member individually.

Personally, I have little experience with the UPC. While I attended college briefly, I met this girl that was a part of a UPC congregation, and here recently, my Pastor's oldest daughter had a spark of a romance for a young man attending a UPC in Kentucky.

As for the rest of the posters here, I couldn't say.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.

Last edited by Bro Flame; 04-22-2019 at 12:48 PM.
Old 04-23-2019, 03:03 AM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
The latest vBulletin is 5.4.5. I'm having a hard time finding their release notes. The security patches themselves are worth it, but I wonder if there is something else regarding new features worth checking out.

If updating this one costs money, perhaps switching to an open source one would be a better approach. phpBB comes to mind. There is a convertor for vB 3.X: https://www.phpbb.com/community/view...641375&start=0
Our server provider is supposed to update

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 04-23-2019, 05:04 PM
Banned

When you've got cruel, toxic, narcissistic people like Benincasa here asserting themselves as moral and ethical superiors to everyone eventually people are going to leave.

My man's got bruises on his back from patting himself too hard.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:05 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
When you've got cruel, toxic, narcissistic people like Benincasa here asserting themselves as moral and ethical superiors to everyone eventually people are going to leave.

My man's got bruises on his back from patting himself too hard.
And it looks like you have undiagnosed back hematomas of your own.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf