Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

View Poll Results: Does Oneness teach a created Logos?
Yes, first thing God made 1 10.00%
No, the Logos always was 9 90.00%
Both views coexist within Oneness 0 0%
Don't know 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2019, 12:24 PM
Not riding the train

Re: Did God create the Word?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Looked like a Mormon missionary to me.
Yes, the actor is playing a Mormon missionary. The play came out when Romney was running for President.

Thanks for asking good questions on this thread!
Old 09-14-2019, 12:37 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Yes, the actor is playing a Mormon missionary. The play came out when Romney was running for President.

Thanks for asking good questions on this thread!
Ok, thank you sister.
Old 09-14-2019, 12:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
As soon as I heard that God making Adam In His Image was supposed to mean that there was an image apart from Adam that he was made similar to, I realize this whole logos confusion about thinking it was something God created was absolutely due to misunderstanding the Bible.
What?

Talk about confusion.

Lets start from the beginning.

Gen. 1:26

Quote:
26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
God is talking to angels here. Or for the benefit of those who reject that we can say God is talking to SOMEONE. Whoever that someone was they had an image and God had an image.

Easy to understand.

Gen. 1:27

Quote:
27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
God had an image. It was his OWN IMAGE.

He made man after HIS IMAGE.

Conclusion. God had an image. Adam was made after that image.

Very easy to understand Mike. No need to be confused.
Old 09-14-2019, 01:01 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
What?

Talk about confusion.

Lets start from the beginning.

Gen. 1:26

God is talking to angels here. Or for the benefit of those who reject that we can say God is talking to SOMEONE. Whoever that someone was they had an image and God had an image.

Easy to understand.

Gen. 1:27

God had an image. It was his OWN IMAGE.

He made man after HIS IMAGE.

Conclusion. God had an image. Adam was made after that image.

Very easy to understand Mike. No need to be confused.
Thank you Mike, that was as clear as a bag of fresh Sakrete.

Mike, God had an image and He was talking to that image, and created Adam after that image? So, God was talking to the celestial body, therefore this celestial body can hold conversation with God. It can respond to God, work with God. So, God takes this original IMAGE and creates Adam after that IMAGE? Later, God would take that same celestial image and make it terrestrial? Again, did Mary have any part in Jesus' birth, and did He have a placenta? Cause His midwife would of totally flipped out!
Old 09-14-2019, 01:11 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:

Mike, God had an image and He was talking to that image, and created Adam after that image? So, God was talking to the celestial body, therefore this celestial body can hold conversation with God. It can respond to God, work with God. So, God takes this original IMAGE and creates Adam after that IMAGE? Later, God would take that same celestial image and make it terrestrial? Again, did Mary have any part in Jesus' birth, and did He have a placenta? Cause His midwife would of totally flipped out!
I don’t think that Mike was saying God was talking to “that” imagine He had in mind.

I was taught two views - God was counseling with Himself, or talking to the angels about His plans.

The second view seems to be what Mike is referring to.

Other than that, I believe that God made the worlds with a son in mind, knowing the end from the beginning. IOW, I was taught that God knew the outcome of Adam and Eve and/or the outcome of the human race before he created Adam.
Old 09-14-2019, 01:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Esaias

I see you talking about a "Son" who was created before Creation and "Him from Him", very much like the Eternal Son who was "of the substance of the Father, true God of true God".
Is a Son created before Creation in the Bible?

Heb. 1:1-3

Quote:
1God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; 3Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Paul says God made the worlds BY HIS SON.

If he made the worlds by his Son that means his Son was before the worlds. Simple.

Now if he were before the worlds, which Paul says he was how did he get there?

The Son was brought forth or born to be the EXPRESS IMAGE OF GODS PERSON.

Not as ANOTHER PERSON.

Paul confirms this.

Quote:
13Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: 14In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Exact same doctrine. The Son created all things. Paul adds here that the Son was BORN. Thats how he got there before creation.

He was born from the omnipresent Spirit of God to be the IMAGE OF THE INVISIBLE GOD.

Not created from something or anything else.

The Son was his own visible image. I believe the image looked like Jesus Christ.

Eph. 3:9

Quote:
9And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
This certainly agrees with what Paul wrote about the Son/express image creating all things.

Why should so called Oneness believers fight against the word of God? Its right before our eyes.

Did Jesus confirm this to be true?

Rev. 3:15

Quote:
14And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
Yes. Paul was taught by Jesus. Jesus says the same thing that Paul says. After all he taught Paul.

Instead of rushing to distort plain scripture to fit what one already believes why not realize......yes these things are true. And go back to studying the scriptures to see how that they ALL fit together and how the Oneness of God can be maintained along with the deity of Jesus.

If we ignore a big chunk of scripture it will be to our own destruction.

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 09-14-2019 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-14-2019, 01:39 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I don’t think that Mike was saying God was talking to “that” imagine He had in mind.

I was taught two views - God was counseling with Himself, or talking to the angels about His plans.

The second view seems to be what Mike is referring to.

Other than that, I believe that God made the worlds with a son in mind, knowing the end from the beginning. IOW, I was taught that God knew the outcome of Adam and Eve and/or the outcome of the human race before he created Adam.
Sis, Mikey believes in a pre existing son, no Father God with Jesus on His mind. Straight up preexisting son who was coequal, coeternal, and a coat.
Old 09-14-2019, 01:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

I said none of that. You made it up.
Old 09-14-2019, 01:53 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
I said none of that. You made it up.
Mike, made what up? Everytime you post it gets more confusing. I am trying to understand your deal. But it just makes me look back to all your YAH and Yahshua hubbub. YAH is the first god, and Yahshau is the second god? Mike, did you not post that God was talking to His image in Genesis? Let US make man in OUR image? Hence God's space suit? Now you also said that this space suit looked like Jesus? You BELIEVE that, you have no Bible for it, but just have a burning in the bosom. Anyway, I just have the take away that you believe in two gods, one YAH, and the other Little YAH.
Old 09-14-2019, 01:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Sis, Mikey believes in a pre existing son, no Father God with Jesus on His mind. Straight up preexisting son who was coequal, coeternal, and a coat.
I believe in a pre existing Logos, destined to be the Son. Paul had NO PROBLEM saying this Son existed did he? And he had NO PROBLEM saying God made the worlds by him.

You on the other hand resist what Paul said. You are the one with the problem. Either you just enjoy making things up or you dont really read what is written.

In no way did I say, or in no way do I believe there was a co equal, co eternal Son.

If I said that quote me.

I have taught Jesus as the EVERLASTING FATHER with as much zeal as many. Its just I wont deny the rest of what Jesus is to please men.