Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-21-2019, 07:55 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Meanwhile in Virginia...

Every man to his tent, I guess? When they came for A, B, and C I did nothing, and when they came for me I got in the boxcar cause it was my duty?

Is that where we're at nowadays? My how things have changed.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 12-21-2019, 08:16 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Every man to his tent, I guess? When they came for A, B, and C I did nothing, and when they came for me I got in the boxcar cause it was my duty?

It is a complicated topic brother. Taking somebody's life it is a serious subject. We better get it right with God because in a fight, if you are the one dying, it would be sad if you end up in hell for committing the last sin of your life.
Old 12-21-2019, 05:58 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:

Exactly where we are at. Pretty sad, is it not?
Old 12-22-2019, 03:03 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
It is a complicated topic brother. Taking somebody's life it is a serious subject. We better get it right with God because in a fight, if you are the one dying, it would be sad if you end up in hell for committing the last sin of your life.
Better have all that worked out now than try to figure it out waiting in the queue for the boxcar ride.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 12-22-2019, 03:06 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Exactly where we are at. Pretty sad, is it not?
I would hope families and church families are at least thinking and talking about how to operate in the upcoming New Normal. We're all gonna need each other to step up and man up and church up.

Old 12-23-2019, 05:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
The real question I think your trying to reach is; Is there a difference between killing and self defense?
From mans point of view there may be no difference, our emotions will allow us to believe we used self defense because... you fill in the blank. Yet, what does God think? Does he see self defense as the same as killing someone, think about it? The law was our school master that brought us to Christ, Paul told Romans I did not know what sin unless the law showed me. In the law, eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, it showed by nature we want revenge. It showed us the physical nature of war, how they destroyed the enemy by blood. Yet, Jesus came to fulfill the law not to destroy it because it was the mind of God. Now, we understand Jesus told Pilate my kingdom is not of this world, Paul told the Roman church the kingdom of God is not meat, and drink but yet it’s peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. It’s not what you can see with your physical eye, but it’s what you can see in the spiritual. Your enemy is not the government that may one day take your guns, no sir the Bible says we wrestle NOT against flesh and blood but AGAINST spirits... there maybe none in this forum yet I know ministers and saints alike, that say “we need to arm ourselves against those that want to take away our 2nd amendment”, the Bible says “fear hath torment”, are you going to live in this place of “what if our church gets shot up?” A spirit will take advantage of that and next thing you know your arming yourself to defend. These people that shoot up churches, shopping centers, they’re driven by a spirit, you don’t fight a spirit with guns, you take authority over that spirit.
Old 12-23-2019, 05:51 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
The real question I think your trying to reach is; Is there a difference between killing and self defense?
From mans point of view there may be no difference, our emotions will allow us to believe we used self defense because... you fill in the blank. Yet, what does God think? Does he see self defense as the same as killing someone, think about it? The law was our school master that brought us to Christ, Paul told Romans I did not know what sin unless the law showed me. In the law, eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, it showed by nature we want revenge. It showed us the physical nature of war, how they destroyed the enemy by blood. Yet, Jesus came to fulfill the law not to destroy it because it was the mind of God. Now, we understand Jesus told Pilate my kingdom is not of this world, Paul told the Roman church the kingdom of God is not meat, and drink but yet it’s peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. It’s not what you can see with your physical eye, but it’s what you can see in the spiritual. Your enemy is not the government that may one day take your guns, no sir the Bible says we wrestle NOT against flesh and blood but AGAINST spirits... there maybe none in this forum yet I know ministers and saints alike, that say “we need to arm ourselves against those that want to take away our 2nd amendment”, the Bible says “fear hath torment”, are you going to live in this place of “what if our church gets shot up?” A spirit will take advantage of that and next thing you know your arming yourself to defend. These people that shoot up churches, shopping centers, they’re driven by a spirit, you don’t fight a spirit with guns, you take authority over that spirit.
Brother Juan Carlos Marulanda's abuelita told me a story years ago about her and another church sister. it was back in the 50s when the Apostolic message was first being preached in Colombia. They were crossing a farmers field and the farmer let loose his young bulls to mow down the two sisters. As the bulls were running up the the one sister held up her Bible and shouted Jesus!!!! All the bulls stopped. Sister Mariella in our church family was shot point blank in the chest during a robbery. Before the boy fired the gun she shouted JESUS loves you. You see when the soldiers came to Jesus they asked Him what they should do? Jesus didn't tell them to put away their swords, and do violence to no man. Doing violence to no man, didn't mean that Jesus wanted them to not do their job. Which their job primary point was to fight. Jesus was telling them not to use their position to extort money from people by roughing them up. Threatening to kill them if they didn't meet their demands Luke 3:14. They way soiliders made their money in ancient times was to get plunder through pillage. Abraham plundered his enemies and gave the tithing of the loot gained to Melchizedek. Yet, Jesus isn't just speaking of plunder, but of violent leg breaking extortion. Jesus NEVER tells them to put away their weapons and quit being soldiers. We know this because He stresses that they should be satisfied with their low pay from the army.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:23 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I would hope families and church families are at least thinking and talking about how to operate in the upcoming New Normal.
We can only hope and pray. People basically are all caught up in the culture. They work long hours, and go paycheck to paycheck. Everyone is super busy, and therefore live on excuses. Those excuses will drive them all the way to the boxcar. People marched onto those boxcars willingly. How many soldiers to citizens were there? Men get desperate when they see their families getting pushed around by some lackey with a rifle. They may get themselves shot, but they will do what they have to do. Prayer, well most of the religious are praying "lay me down to sleep prayers." getting tossed into a boxcar would be a blessing, a hard way to go. But, if a boxcar, and concentration camp doesn't get a righteous prayer life, nothing will. The impeachment reality show proved that everyone are pretty much willing participants. Ready to believe whatever garbage gets piped through the YouTubes. Bread and Circuses are the call of the day. In two days is the Catholic Mass and the masses will be clicking their ruby red slippers together chanting "there's no place like Rome, there's no place like Rome!" Good King Wenceslas is leading everyone to celebrate the Feast of Stephen December 26. People are actually taking the week off for Xmas? How do you fight the devil with that kind of baloney? Boxcars and a little bit of mayhem? I guess we just have to wait and see how the folks deal with it. Because right now they will skip the boxcar and walk straight into the concentration camp. Oh, there will be a few who will resist (you and me) but sadly the rest of the crew will be smoking mistletoe and snorting eggnog all the way to detention center.

Quote:
We're all gonna need each other to step up and man up and church up.
Yep that is the honest truth.

But, it will be only a very small group.

Very small. If history teaches us anything, it points out the resistant few are the first ones to catch a bullet in the back of the head. As the situation starts to roll on there will be others who will get a revelation that they're no longer in Kansas anymore. They will hide among the rest of the huddle masses to survive and help others. But, that is what it usually takes to place a burning coal in some breeches. Ease in Zion, makes for BIG GOLDEN ANGEL statues on platforms. Starving preachers sucking on their wallets, usually makes for good ecclesiastical smelling salt under a sleeping nose.

Last edited by Evang.Benincasa; 12-23-2019 at 06:26 AM.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:39 AM
New User

Now I want egg nog
Old 12-23-2019, 12:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Now I want egg nog
You like that stuff?