Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Playground > Bachem Bits
Facebook

Notices

Bachem Bits Bacon! Bacon! Bacon!

Old 08-26-2013, 09:35 AM
Not riding the train

Re: Bacon, is very good for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/produ...ix/pancake_mix

Mo's Bacon Pancake Mix / Mo's Bacon Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix
I don't know how anyone could eat chocolate for breakfast. I'd be sick all day.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:52 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I don't know how anyone could eat chocolate for breakfast. I'd be sick all day.
Here, read this....

It is from the Mayo Clinic, but still has good information. A good strong diet coupled with hard exercise will stop problems like hitting the bathroom after some chocolate chip/bacon pancakes.

Question

Healthy chocolate: Dream or reality?
Can chocolate be good for my health?

Answer
from Katherine Zeratsky, R.D., L.D.

Healthy chocolate sounds like a dream come true, but chocolate hasn't gained the status of health food quite yet. Still, chocolate's reputation is on the rise, as a growing number of studies suggest that it can be a heart-healthy choice.

Chocolate and its main ingredient, cocoa, appear to reduce risk factors for heart disease. Flavanols in cocoa beans have antioxidant effects that reduce cell damage implicated in heart disease. Flavanols — which are more prevalent in dark chocolate than in milk chocolate or white chocolate — also help lower blood pressure and improve vascular function. In addition, some research has linked chocolate consumption to reduced risks of diabetes, stroke and heart attack. One caveat: The evidence for the health benefits of chocolate comes mostly from short-term and uncontrolled studies. More research is needed.

In the meantime, if you want to add chocolate to your diet, do so in moderation. Why? Most commercial chocolate has ingredients that add fat, sugar and calories. And too much can contribute to weight gain, a risk factor for high blood pressure, heart disease and diabetes.

Choose dark chocolate with cocoa content of 65 percent or higher. Limit yourself to around 3 ounces (85 grams) a day, which is the amount some studies have shown to be helpful. Because this amount may provide up to 450 calories, you may want to cut calories in other areas or step up the exercise to compensate.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:17 AM
Not riding the train

Yes, I knew that about chocolate. I still wouldn't eat chocolate at breakfast.

And we all know that 65% and higher chocolate tastes sooo good. LOL! It's the fat and sugar that people like, it's not the chocolate. Anyone can prove that to themselves if they take a bite out of this lovely organic bar.

Now this one is lovely! Full of fat and sugar.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:31 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

http://bacontoday.com/top-10-reasons...althy-for-you/

OK, well, the extremely biased opinions of the various “beef boards, fish factions, and chicken coalition’s” have had their free reign for the last 50 years, so I think it’s finally time to hear what the actual doctors, nutritionists, University studies and medical tests have to say on the matter of bacon’s nutritional benefits to our health.

Here is a list of the Top 10 Reasons why bacon is actually healthy for you!
Pork Powered Protein: The protein found in bacon is extremely valuable to maintaining our energy levels and a fully functioning, healthy body, with a minimum of those nasty, waist, thigh and butt expanding, fat building carbohydrates.

Bacon’s Blood Balancing Bounty: Several university and medical center studies have shown that including bacon as a regular, moderate pat of one’s diet, actually naturally works to lower the bodies blood pressure and blood sugar levels, helping to prevent and / or alleviate the effects of diabetes, as well as heart disease, stroke and heart attack.

Flushing Fat With Flavorful, Friendly Flesh: While people have heard horror stories for years that bacon is full of harmful fat and after all, if you are what you eat, who wants to be a PIG? But the facts are completely the opposite, as bacon helps to fully satiate our appetite with high protein / low carb energy, helping the body lose weight, raise one’s metabolism and build leaner, stronger muscles.

Bacon actually has less total fat, saturated fat and cholesterol than many popular cuts of beef and chicken. While some fish has less fat and cholesterol than bacon, bacon has more protein power and does not contain toxins such mercury.

Bacon’s Brain Building Business: Bacon is chock full of a very important nutrient called “choline,” which helps increase our intelligence and memory, from conception to Senior Status, and has been shown in University studies to help fight off the debilitating effects of Alzheimer’s Disease and other chronic mental impairments.

Bacon Let’s You “Pig Out” On Essential Vitamins & Minerals: Bacon provides us with substantial amounts of the important, necessary vitamins and minerals our bodies need to function healthfully. From bacon, we receive: 65% of our Recommended Daily Intake of Thiamin (Vitamin B1) as well as 47% of our Niacin (Vitamin B3), 38% of our Vitamin B12, 36% of our Zinc, 24% of our Vitamin B6, 22% of our Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), 22% of our Phosphorus, 10% of our Pantothenate, 10% of our Magnesium, 9% of our Iron and the Protein to fat balance in bacon is actually 4 to 1, which is one of the highest protein to fat balances found in any meat, fish or fowl found on Earth.

Effective Mood Elevator: Bacon makes you feel happy, satisfied, blissful, which greatly reduces stress in our lives and effectively relieves the negative effects of frustration, self deprivation and sense of lack in ones existence.
Nitrates and Nitrites – Now Non-Issues: The fact is, while it is true that nitrates and nitrites are unhealthy for your body, what most pro -veggie, chicken and fish nutritionists fail to tell you is that you can easily avoid nitrates and nitrites by simply (A) not burning / charring / over cooking your bacon or by (B) Baking your bacon in the oven.

Some people also choose to avoid nitrates and nitrites by (C) cooking their bacon in the microwave, however, some medical research shows a strong correlation between micro-waved proteins (all meats and proteins, from beef to fish, from cheese to eggs and even milk) and cancers caused by protein mutation under the conditions of microwave bombardment, so we recommend using the oven, 400 degrees, 8 to 10 minutes per side.
P.S. if you always include some dairy and citrus in your bacon meal, the vitamins A, D and E work to effectively prevent conversion of “nitrates and nitrites into dangerously toxic “nitrosamines” in the stomach, rendering them harmless to the body.

Bacon Power Now Expands To Our Vehicles and Industry: Yes, believe it or not, a company in The United Kingdom, TMI Foods has already successfully found a way to use bacon fat / grease to manufacture a powerful, low emission, minimal pollution, environmentally friend, all-natural, bio-diesel fuel that can be used to effectively and inexpensively run anything from motor vehicles to turbines and from the various engines of industry to illuminating and empowering generators. That’s right … Pig Power now also means “Power To The People!”

Universally Beloved Flavor Enhancer: Because bacon tastes so amazingly awesome, we’re a LOT more willing to set many of our finicky ways aside to enthusiastically eat many of the boring, icky, lack-luster, “so called,” healthy, nutritious food items that are supposedly good for us, as long as they come wrapped in bacon or with lots of bacon bits broken up and served with or within them.

While We Heart Bacon – Bacon Heart’s Your Heart: While people over the years have mistakenly made jokes about bacon being a leading contributor to heart disease, actually there are in fact, several studies that show that the Omega-3 Fatty Acids and “choline” found in bacon can actually protect the heart from developing detrimental problems, as well as actually help HEAL such anomalies, after they have occurred!
Unlike the Omega-3 Fatty Acids supplements derived from fish sources, the one’s that come from bacon aren’t chock fully of poisonous mercury, like most of the popular fish oil versions are. So bacon Omega-3 can not only help prevent heart disease, as well as lower your cholesterol, reduce inflammation and improve circulation, but also help you to avoid mercury and other toxic poisons being regularly spewed in our planet’s oceans.

- See more at: http://bacontoday.com/top-10-reasons....8aZnCRVJ.dpuf
Old 08-26-2013, 10:32 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Yes, I knew that about chocolate. I still wouldn't eat chocolate at breakfast.

And we all know that 65% and higher chocolate tastes sooo good. LOL! It's the fat and sugar that people like, it's not the chocolate. Anyone can prove that to themselves if they take a bite out of this lovely organic bar.

Now this one is lovely! Full of fat and sugar.

I have my Bible study groups at a Whole Foods Market in Fort Lauderdale, so we try out all the best organic chocolates.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:42 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
I have my Bible study groups at a Whole Foods Market in Fort Lauderdale, so we try out all the best organic chocolates.
Yes, I LOVE Whole Foods! I tried an organic bar that had orange in it. Totally rocked. Wish I would have remembered the name. I've tried to find it again, but no luck.

I buy Earth Science and Aubrey hair, face and body products at Whole Foods. I've been shopping at Whole Foods since it's first store in Austin. My husband doesn't like going there. He said it's full of a bunch of hippies. Can't teach an old Cowboy new tricks.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:59 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Yes, I LOVE Whole Foods! I tried an organic bar that had orange in it. Totally rocked. Wish I would have remembered the name. I've tried to find it again, but no luck.

I buy Earth Science and Aubrey hair, face and body products at Whole Foods. I've been shopping at Whole Foods since it's first store in Austin. My husband doesn't like going there. He said it's full of a bunch of hippies. Can't teach an old Cowboy new tricks.
Cowboys ( and everybody else) usually learn after their heart has an issue and knocks them off their Lucasees. Yet, a good Cowboy diet with unpasteurized milk, butter, and cheese, with grass fed no antibiotics beef with lots of strong exercise will outdo any bean sprout eating Hippy.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:00 PM
Registered Member

Forgot organic-this and organic-that, when it comes to BACON, plain old Oscar Meyer is great!
Old 08-26-2013, 02:10 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
Forgot organic-this and organic-that, when it comes to BACON, plain old Oscar Meyer is great!
LOL! Okay, I am going to buy “Fresh Air Pork” or pork that is fed an all-natural vegetarian diet. And no maple syrup, please. I don't want something sweet in the morning - honey in tea or coffee, but that's it.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:13 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Cowboys ( and everybody else) usually learn after their heart has an issue and knocks them off their Lucasees. Yet, a good Cowboy diet with unpasteurized milk, butter, and cheese, with grass fed no antibiotics beef with lots of strong exercise will outdo any bean sprout eating Hippy.
Yeppers! He is at the doctor's office right now as we speak. I ain't sayin' nuthin'.

We were shopping the other day and I picked up some organic bananas. He said, "The other brand is 20 cents cheaper." I said, "Please don't interject your thoughts here. You are the one on medication, not me." Obviously, our grocery list has two columns - His and hers.