Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-01-2008, 05:44 PM
Ronzo

Re: The Children in Chad Need Shoes

By the way, Rico... I donate to them intermittently and they never spam my inbox to beg for money. Not that I consider that spamming OR begging...

Maybe enough folks got annoyed like you did and actually gave them a piece of their minds.

I dunno...

All I do know is they need help and I want to make the need known.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzo View Post
By the way, Rico... I donate to them intermittently and they never spam my inbox to beg for money. Not that I consider that spamming OR begging...

Maybe enough folks got annoyed like you did and actually gave them a piece of their minds.

I dunno...

All I do know is they need help and I want to make the need known.
That's kewl, Bro. I was just sharing my experience with them is all. Personally, I'd much rather give my money to missionaries, like the Alvears. I know that there are charities doing good things, but it bothers me when I see commercial after commercial from them. This Feed The Children charity sure seems to be on tv A LOT. It's plain to see they are spending a good chunk of the money they get on commercials.

BTW, I checked my deleted folder, and they sent me 8 emails from December until February 12, when I finally requested to be taken off their list.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
Ron, I don't have an issue with a charity asking for money, so get off it. It doesn't make sense for them to start sending me emails once a week and letters every month asking for more, just because I gave to them once. It's a waste of resources. I can see maybe once every three months or so, but emails every week and letters once a month? I don't think so.
If you are worried about them wasting their resources, most companies now offer an option to receive e-mails only. And those are very easy to delete if you are not interested. How can you fault them for trying to raise money any way they can. I could understand if it were a disreputable company, but this group has a good rep.

These people see the needs on a level that most of us will never see. I imagine they are perfectly willing to offend someone by asking to often if it means they are getting the needs known. You have to ask for help to get it, generally.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:54 PM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyde View Post
If you are worried about them wasting their resources, most companies now offer an option to receive e-mails only. And those are very easy to delete if you are not interested. How can you fault them for trying to raise money any way they can. I could understand if it were a disreputable company, but this group has a good rep.

These people see the needs on a level that most of us will never see. I imagine they are perfectly willing to offend someone by asking to often if it means they are getting the needs known. You have to ask for help to get it, generally.
Maybe I am not making myself clear. I don't have a problem with them asking for money. What I don't want is for them to constantly be sending me emails and letters in the mail. Paper, ink, envelopes, postage, and the people to process it all aren't cheap.