Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-29-2007, 12:02 PM
His Eminance, High Potatohead Potatotate

Relative Truth....Truer Truth and Me

My mind has been thinking about relative truth lately. There are relative or related truths in life. If you walk into a room with no windows and no lights on and you shut the door behind it will be dark. The circumstances of the room set the condition of the truth. Sometimes the circumstances in life also set conditions for us to recognize truth.

If you feel like you have lost your way and feel like there is hope for you to succeed there is a related truth to these feelings. Something has happened in your life to bring you to this period of time right now as you read these words. Someone once penned in a play, "Truth? What is Truth?" and though to us truth is only as elusive as to what we will accept, the Truth is not hidden, buried or lost, it is staring us in the face. It is related or relative to us because it is our life.

If a person does not know God in a relative (related) sense then there is no fulfillment in their life. We have read the headlines of people who life in the beginning seemed to smile on with favor and yet the reality of truth still is evident by the headlines we read. The words of a relative truth to us are cesspool words: divorce,abuse,estrangment,suicide,unfaithful,addic tion,hate,anger, are all ugly words in use but words that are relative to the pain that at times is our life. These are words are truth but there are true truths that were written for our encouragement coming from ancient texts that were written so that we might have life more abundantly. That there were truer truths to be recognized above the pain and sorrows we may have. That of a truth there is fulfillment to be found and sorrow can be replaced if we would just recognize the Truest of Truths.

Circumstances can be changed if the conditions are met. The Dark room we walked into can be lit if we add a lamp: if we carried a Flashlight or a candle to light breaking the dark truth of the room. Just like life if the conditions are met the circumstances can be changed if we accept the truth from the Creator of Truth: God.

He is the "Truer Truth" and the one who can change our circumstances if we will meet his conditions. He accepts us as we are with one condition: that we follow Him. We must allow Him to come into our life to change the condition of our life. By meeting his conditions he is able to change what is just relative truth to us to something more deep and powerful in us.

A "Truer Truth" in every sense of the word becomes true to us when He works in us.

and other truths in life will come and go but His Truth will be what keeps us...

Be Encouraged...

Randy
Old 08-29-2007, 12:38 PM
Sheltiedad

I definitely believe in relative truth and do not believe any man has absolute truth.

A good example I was just discussing the other day would be if lived on a planet where it was always cloudy, you would not even know the stars exist, let alone have a reason to begin exploring them. If everything beyond the cloudy sky is a mystery, then you can only imagine what lies beyond. (This concept is from an old Isaac Asimov story).
Old 08-29-2007, 01:18 PM
Registered Member

Here's an old one. How many times have you heard the word truth referred to as Acts 2:38. I concluded that the bible is referring to the truth of Jesus being who he is not the fulfilling of Acts 2:38. Not saying it is not necessary, just that the word has been used out of context.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:20 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheltiedad View Post
I definitely believe in relative truth and do not believe any man has absolute truth.

A good example I was just discussing the other day would be if lived on a planet where it was always cloudy, you would not even know the stars exist, let alone have a reason to begin exploring them. If everything beyond the cloudy sky is a mystery, then you can only imagine what lies beyond. (This concept is from an old Isaac Asimov story).
Quite true!
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?