Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Of Current Interest
Facebook

Notices

Of Current Interest Last minute deals and bargains. By Apostolic Friends being affliates, you can save here.

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
comedy/humor, the onion

Old 03-06-2015, 06:28 PM
Banned

Germany Files War Crimes Against Bush, Cheney, Oth

I just grabbed one link of many.
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/12...st-bush-admin/
Old 03-07-2015, 09:19 AM
Registered Member

So the "European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights" is filing a complaint against them. That's like saying PETA is filing a complaint against D&G for animal abuse. Anyone can file a complaint. Means little.

The German government isn't involved in this, even though the headline and thread title misleadingly suggests.

And the reason why they won't is because they, and every other US ally, knew and allowed this to happen.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:41 AM
Banned

Re: Germany Files War Crimes Against Bush, Cheney,

hmm, not sure, but not buying the cavalier attitude, wadr. Malaysia convicting Bush no big deal, it's just Malaysia--but the Bush's can't go to the far east now; European HR group--apparently respected enough that Bush is afraid to go to Switzerland now, for fear of being arrested--files war crimes, but yawn, no big deal. Western civilization firmly entrenched in the "Decadence" stage of a civilization now, all bread and circuses--tra-la...ok. Look at the news, honey, employment is up! Our only problem is Muslims!

Last edited by shazeep; 03-07-2015 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:09 PM
Registered Member

If it is proven that the German government is not filing war crimes against Bush, why not just change the thread title so that it is not so misleading?
Old 03-09-2015, 07:15 PM
Banned

how 'bout you riposte to the reality that Bush is afraid to go to Switzerland now, and we can hash out the semantics of who is filing against them later? If they--whoever 'they' is--got it past their lawyers to post that as a headline, it will do fine, imo, especially if you listen to American news all day, which is all lies. Ok, not the German government, point made.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:17 PM
Banned

"Michael Ratner, president emeritus of the Center for Constitutional Rights and chairman of the European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights, said that he believes Cheney, among others, have no defense for torturous actions and should be indicted"

this is not even close to peta, wadr.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:21 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

I have my doubts on this story. What does this even mean?

Quote:
Khalid El-Masri was on vacation in Skopje, in Macedonia, when he was pulled off of a bus by government agents, sodomized with a drug, and taken to the secret base that was identified only as Cobalt in the CIA torture report.
In the immortal words of Inigo Montoya, "You keep-a using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means".
Old 03-09-2015, 07:38 PM
Banned

and yet no Bush will go to Switzerland, or the Far East now, for fear of being arrested. ok. the fruit is all i care about
as i said--i just grabbed one link of many.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoiskaiser77 View Post
If it is proven that the German government is not filing war crimes against Bush, why not just change the thread title so that it is not so misleading?
Yeah, the thread title is very misleading. Germany is NOT doing any such thing.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazeep View Post
"Michael Ratner, president emeritus of the Center for Constitutional Rights and chairman of the European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights, said that he believes Cheney, among others, have no defense for torturous actions and should be indicted"

this is not even close to peta, wadr.
Quote:
CCR is a non-profit legal and educational organization
CCR About page

Quote:
The European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights (ECCHR) is an independent, non-profit legal and educational organization dedicated to protecting civil and human rights throughout Europe.
ECCHR About page

Yeah, CCR and ECCHR are "non-profit legal and educational" organizations. They're not the German government. What they complain about holds no weight of law, nor do they represent any foreign government.

Good grief, I could start some non-profit, educational org -- let's call it, The US Center for Civil and Human Rights. Then I could make a cool website, get some donors and make some press statement that the USCCHR has filed some complaint and "indicted" a bunch of foreign dictators.

You really think those dictators would be afraid of my little press statement? No.

And I guarantee you Bush isn't worried about the CCR or ECCHR.

What he may be worried about is some idiots kidnapping him and trying to punish him for his "war crimes."

But there are no foreign governments, okay maybe Malaysia, but certainly not Germany nor any other European country, which has indicted or would arrest Bush.

Last edited by n david; 03-09-2015 at 11:47 PM.