Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-20-2012, 06:19 PM
Banned

Re: LOL..browsing through the forum...

Amen. I am an Apostolic Messianic Jew that keeps the Sabbath, btw.
and I have no problem testing spirits according to Scripture, so I guess that makes me the resident schizophrenic too, lol.

Last edited by bbyrd009; 02-20-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
oh, she retains her catholic identity
Being Catholic is like being Jewish... it's as much cultural as it is religious... at least in the Hispanic community. Once you have completed your catechisms you are indoctrinated, lol!
Old 02-20-2012, 06:38 PM
John 14:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
Amen. I am an Apostolic Messianic Jew that keeps the Sabbath, btw.
and I have no problem testing spirits according to Scripture, so I guess that makes me the resident schizophrenic too, lol.
I sincerely apologize for making an example of you. Who am I to judge your faith. There is only ONE that can judge, and I know it is not me. According to your faith,let it be done unto you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus2woman View Post
Being Catholic is like being Jewish... it's as much cultural as it is religious... at least in the Hispanic community. Once you have completed your catechisms you are indoctrinated, lol!
Oh, I remember being "coerced" to perform all my duties as a good Catholic. One of my cousins who was convinced that he had commited a "MORTAL SIN"...blindfolded himself, and whip himself bloody, asking for forgiveness. I only learned about it after the fact, because I was here in the US, and this was in the Phillipines. I tried to witness to many Catholic relatives, including my mom, but she always tell me, "GOD knows my heart"...and I become speechless, don't know how to respond to that.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Vince View Post

Oh, I remember being "coerced" to perform all my duties as a good Catholic. One of my cousins who was convinced that he had commited a "MORTAL SIN"...blindfolded himself, and whip himself bloody, asking for forgiveness. I only learned about it after the fact, because I was here in the US, and this was in the Phillipines. I tried to witness to many Catholic relatives, including my mom, but she always tell me, "GOD knows my heart"...and I become speechless, don't know how to respond to that.

Respond with prayer.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I sincerely apologize for making an example of you. Who am I to judge your faith. There is only ONE that can judge, and I know it is not me. According to your faith,let it be done unto you.
Ah....this is mild compared to some of the things posted here.

Quote:
My catholic sister believes that one becomes "spiritual" when they suffer.

I would say that God knows all our hearts. However, I know that the catholic faith does some fear-mongering of their own. They equate the Catholic Church as being God. I've heard all my life about people who left the RCC being described as "leaving God".
Old 02-21-2012, 01:42 AM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreYouReady? View Post
I would say that God knows all our hearts. However, I know that the catholic faith does some fear-mongering of their own. They equate the Catholic Church as being God. I've heard all my life about people who left the RCC being described as "leaving God".
It's just human nature to be suppress others.

Leave the RCC, you leave God
Leave the Mormon group, you leave God
Leave the Jehovah's witness, you leave God
Leave a cultish pentecostal church, you leave God
Leave a cultish baptist church, you leave God
Leave the Seventh day adventists, you leave God
Leave Church of Christ, you leave God
Leave the "Message", you leave God
Leave Islam, you leave God

And the list goes on....

On the other hand, bible says COME to JESUS CHRIST, you meet God.
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)
Old 02-21-2012, 07:09 AM
Banned

Amen, TG. It is often necessary to leave a religion to find Christ--not because of the religion, but because one is becoming religious. But God has also shown me that there are deep things to learn of God in any Abramic religion. Catholic theology drives me nuts, but they are doing all the charity work on the planet, more or less, and their current mystic authors are over the top.

I'm not really Jewish, but a stint with them taught me much; where Heaven is, for one, right next to that self-flagellation thing that Western Catholics (and Christians, under covers) got going on, and a million miles away. You become spiritual when you remove suffering, imo.