Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 03-20-2008, 09:26 AM
Not riding the train

Re: President Barack Obama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
....Well I just looked

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._tracking_poll

PS this is the most important part

On Thursday, Barack Obama’s favorable ratings are unchanged for the third straight day—48% favorable, 49% unfavorable. McCain is viewed favorably by 53% of voters nationwide and unfavorably by 43%. For Clinton, those numbers are 43% favorable, 55% unfavorable
A little better than a 3 point margin.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:29 AM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I'm sure the Super Delegates wouldn't go for Hillary. I believe they know they can't pick Hillary.

The Florida deal (Gore) is still a raw issue for the Dems. This current primary issue feeds that, certainly.
Pressing, you have to understand, the Super Delegates are picked by the party. the Clintons have run the party since 1992. While there is a large number of Obama supporters, there are also a large number of Clinton foot soldiers among the super delegates. Hillary has led in the Super Delegate count from day 1. This thing is far from over.

Dont discount Hillary "saving" the party by going to Barak and offering herself as the VP candidate. It is counter intuitive to think that but she wants her shot and if that is the last straw.... she might.

Barak would have to think long and hard about it. NOT accepting that offer would lead to a blood bath at the convention which could sink his boat.

Taking the offer would hand her around his neck like a rotting albatross.

We shall see....
Old 03-20-2008, 09:31 AM
Matthew 7:6

Quote:
TR, I have not looked lately but Rassmussen is the Pollster I think is most accurate. He has proven to be more accurate than Gallop (who is also very good).
OK, sir... whatever flavor you like... :O)

"McCain currently leads Barack Obama 49% to 42% and Hillary Clinton 51% to 41% margin."

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:31 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Pressing, you have to understand, the Super Delegates are picked by the party. the Clintons have run the party since 1992. While there is a large number of Obama supporters, there are also a large number of Clinton foot soldiers among the super delegates. Hillary has led in the Super Delegate count from day 1. This thing is far from over.

Dont discount Hillary "saving" the party by going to Barak and offering herself as the VP candidate. It is counter intuitive to think that but she wants her shot and if that is the last straw.... she might.

Barak would have to think long and hard about it. NOT accepting that offer would lead to a blood bath at the convention which could sink his boat.

Taking the offer would hand her around his neck like a rotting albatross.

We shall see....
I've been reading that the Super Delegates won't be on Hillary's side this time. I haven't ran across anything indicating otherwise, but if I do, I'll post that.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:32 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFrance View Post

"McCain currently leads Barack Obama 49% to 42% and Hillary Clinton 51% to 41% margin."

Looks good to me!

Old 03-20-2008, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFrance View Post

gives you a warm and fuzzy doesnt it? lol!

Rass had the last 2 cycles pegged.

look at the details of the Personal Favorable ratings.
if hillary wins the nom...which I doubt.... I dont think she can win. 55% unfavorable. that is just insurmountable.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:46 AM
Registered Member

it will be interesting for sure, lol,dt
Old 03-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:

We shall see....
Ferd,
Found what I was looking for.

Quote:
The superdelegates will not override the will of the voters unless Obama is in jail. They will not let themselves in for a civil war by overruling a black man who is beloved by the young by going over the heads of the electorate and naming the candidate that lost the primaries as the nominee. Regardless of how damaged Obama may be by the Wright tapes, it will not provide sufficient cover or cause for them to do so. - Dick Morris
Old 03-20-2008, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Ferd,
Found what I was looking for.
P1, I like Dick Morris. but while Dick is a brilliant sratigist, his record as a prognosticator isnt stellar. Plus he hates Hillary. by Hate, i really mean HATEHATEHATE. He will say anything to insure she does not get the nomination.

I agree with him on not wanting her to get the nomination, but when it comes to comentary on her, he cannot be viewed as an independant voice.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:31 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
P1, I like Dick Morris. but while Dick is a brilliant sratigist, his record as a prognosticator isnt stellar. Plus he hates Hillary. by Hate, i really mean HATEHATEHATE. He will say anything to insure she does not get the nomination.

I agree with him on not wanting her to get the nomination, but when it comes to comentary on her, he cannot be viewed as an independant voice.
Ferd,
You are absolutely right about Dick Morris all the way. lol He is brilliant and I listen to him knowing that he hasn't always been accurate on his predictions.

I did run across that same info in other places and grabbed Dick's because it was easier to locate. I still think Dick is right on the super delegates point.

Just listened to Obama's speech from the 18th. He has some brilliant writers!!!