Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 03-22-2008, 08:54 PM
Matthew 7:6

Re: FOX Lies!! Barack Obama Pastor Wright

1... Fox is not the only one to carry the inflammatory words of Rev Wright. CNN, MSNBC, ABC news, CBS, etc did the same thing. So singling out Fox is just silly.

And Fox is not the one who came up with the montage of Rev Wright's words. Those words have been on record for a long time, and have been known by various people in the news media for a while now. They just chose to make an issue of it now for some reason.

2...So what if he is quoting someone else in his "chickens-are-coming-home-to-roost sermon?
If I gives a speech/sermon/lecture and quotes from someone else words in this manner, it's obviously because he agree with what that person is saying!

So the fact that he is quoting from someone else's speech is irrelevant.

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:56 PM

Well everyone knows Fox is fair and balanced, TR

did you watch both videos?
Old 03-22-2008, 09:03 PM
Renewed

Are we fair and balanced??

If one posted such on here, would he be understood of his own opinion?

If this were a black UPC preacher, would he not be judged and convicted with 100+ pages of thread material?

YOU BET YOUR ALL KNOWING, HOLIER THAN THOUGH, HEAVENLY HERASEY HE WOULD.
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 03-22-2008, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Well everyone knows Fox is fair and balanced, TR

did you watch both videos?
(yes, of course I watched the videos.)

But you're so missing the point, DA.
Never mind.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:15 PM

TR,

Obama is going to pleasantly surprise you as President ....
Old 03-22-2008, 09:23 PM
A Prince of the Gospel!

Chosen...

you need to relook at Rev. Wright's comments and sermon topics over an extended period...they are racist and outrageous in any context...

...the question is WHY did Senator Obama continue to attend this church without confronting a pastor with such an abborent agenda...

...sorry, no sympathy here...such behavior brings into question the judgment of Senator Obama...
Old 03-22-2008, 11:22 PM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

The more I read the posts in this thread and others, the more convinced I am becoming that the average white person in this country hasn't even begun to understand the average black person's experience or point of view. We have such a long way to go.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
The more I read the posts in this thread and others, the more convinced I am becoming that the average white person in this country hasn't even begun to understand the average black person's experience or point of view. We have such a long way to go.
Brother, please. Spare us.
What does that have to do with the topic of this thread?
Lets stick to the topic at hand, shall we?

The issue here is that blaming FoxNews for "lying" here is weak.Very weak.

Again 1... they didnt lie. 2... Fox was just one of many new outlets running the same story. and 3... Wright made many other racially inflammatory statements apart from the one on that tape

Old 03-23-2008, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevBuddy View Post
Chosen...

you need to relook at Rev. Wright's comments and sermon topics over an extended period...they are racist and outrageous in any context...

...the question is WHY did Senator Obama continue to attend this church without confronting a pastor with such an abborent agenda...

...sorry, no sympathy here...such behavior brings into question the judgment of Senator Obama...
Especially disturbing to me is that he would want to raise his 2 daughters children in that kind of environment.

This is a man who campaigns that he represents hope, healing, positivity, etc, but he lets this man inject such poison into the minds of his family for all these years?

He claims he was disturbed by some of White's inflammatory comments....but obviously not disturbed enough to leave.

Old 03-23-2008, 03:13 AM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFrance View Post
Brother, please. Spare us.
What does that have to do with the topic of this thread?
Lets stick to the topic at hand, shall we?

The issue here is that blaming FoxNews for "lying" here is weak.Very weak.

Again 1... they didnt lie. 2... Fox was just one of many new outlets running the same story. and 3... Wright made many other racially inflammatory statements apart from the one on that tape
Right. Racism hasn't even entered the conversation.

"Does that mean you are going to discount the plethora of racial comments made by Wright that have been documented over the past 20 years. One cannot deny his anti-semtic actions by embracing Louis Farakhan. One cannot deny Wright has made racially charged statements that would make Don Imus look like Billy Graham. Wright, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Farakhan want us to believe the black man is still a victim. If we could quarantine about a dozen of the so-called black leaders, 95% of the race problems would be eliminated.

I'm tired of being told I need to be color blind while the blacks are being told the white man is to blame for their failures. Wright needs to teach blacks how to rise above mediocrity instead of blaming white people for their lack of success."

"One must remember that Reverend Wright was a civil-rights era pastor who spoke from experience about the struggle of equality for his race. Reverend Wright lived in the era of segregation and limited opportunity and saw first hand what many of us only read about in our history books.

Would it be too much of a stretch to see that Reverend Wright was from a generation that was directly affected by the blatant hatred of people of color and that was why he spoke so passionately about the treatment of blacks in his sermons?

Furthermore, where has he blamed the social ills of the black community squarely on whites? I would be interested to see where you got that idea when people who have known Reverend Wright has stated that he hasn't let the black community of the hook for the breakdown of the black family structure.

The following is an excerpt from an article in the The Salt Lake Tribune which explains what I have tried to above:

''The whole generation that Rev. Wright represents is expressing what they call a righteous anger, the anger from the failed promises of America,'' said Dwight Hopkins, a professor at the University of Chicago Divinity School. ''The prophetic anger is toward expanding the democracy, expanding it so all citizens can walk through the door of opportunity.''
Often lost in the attention paid to Wright's fiery sermons is the typical conclusion, Hopkins said - that despite all obstacles, you are a child of God and ''can make a way out of no way.'' That phrase, common in the language of the black church, was used by Obama in his 4,700-word speech Tuesday.
While Trinity United Church of Christ is more Afrocentric and slightly more political than most black churches, ''even conservative black churches talk about racism in a way that many whites would find wounding or offensive,'' said Gary Dorrien, a religion professor at Columbia University in New York.
''Most white Americans have a very limited capacity for dealing with black anger or acknowledging their own racial privileges,'' Dorrien said. ''Wherever white people are dominant, whiteness is transparent to them. In black church communities, dealing with that problem is an every-week issue.''
Wright does not focus his ire on white America alone, said Martin Marty, a retired professor of religious history who taught Wright at the University of Chicago.
''He is very hard on his own people,'' Marty said. ''He criticizes them for their lack of fidelity in marriage, for black-on-black crime. He is not saying one part of America is right and one is wrong.''
Obama and others also have highlighted Trinity's extensive social safety net. It offers college-placement help, drug and alcohol counseling, a credit union, and domestic-violence programs.
Wright retired last month, and his generation of pastors is being supplanted by a new wave of preachers with TV ministries and megachurches who preach a prosperity message, said Lawrence Mamiya, a professor of religion at Vassar College who studies the black church. That theme has little to do with overcoming racial or societal barriers, and a lot to do with faith being rewarded with material riches.
''We see that as the dominant trend now, with many young black seminarians in divinity school seeing that as their major model,'' Mamiya said. ''Some of the older clergy like Wright decry that, saying it's forgetting the whole social justice tradition.''"

"What we need as a country is for someone to stop the sniveling and whining on one side of the race coin, and stop the discrimination on the other side. I have never in my life treated someone badly because of their race, culture or skin color. Ever. So I get a little sick of hearing men like JW pound it into the heads of his constituents as if it is commonplace and normal. Maybe in isolated parts of the country, but certainly not as widespread as some would have us believe."

"Man of integrity my eye! He is still racist and his comments in blaming America for what is happening is way out of line.
His inflamatory rhetoric is no different than Farrakhan and their followers."

"you need to relook at Rev. Wright's comments and sermon topics over an extended period...they are racist and outrageous in any context..."

No, you're right TRFRANCE, racism was never brought up in this thread. In fact, I am probably imagining that it was mentioned in any of the other threads recently started on this forum too. It must be time to get my glasses checked.