Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 11-28-2010, 10:27 AM
Sister Alvear

Re: What Could Go Wrong in the U.S.

I AM sure no matter who is president GOD´S WORD will come to pass...however and whatever...we all need to pray...most of you do not believe like I do about end times but however you believe know for certain...we need to pray....

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 11-28-2010, 10:44 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
apparently you missed his point...

as opposed to insurance companies? not about lifespan? why else in the world would you care about your health?
No, I didn't miss his point. I wanted him to address the fact that eventually governments run out of everyone else's money and then what?
And even in the meantime, while they are collecting everyone else's hard earned money to re-distrubte, they realize they better delve out healthcare carefully, sparingly and in the process make hard choices.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandie View Post
No, I didn't miss his point. I wanted him to address the fact that eventually governments run out of everyone else's money and then what?
And even in the meantime, while they are collecting everyone else's hard earned money to re-distrubte, they realize they better delve out healthcare carefully, sparingly and in the process make hard choices.
I suppose they will do the same thing you do when you run out of money... Stop buying things.

Healthcare is not about redistrubtion of money.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:00 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I suppose they will do the same thing you do when you run out of money... Stop buying things.
That's my point. And we'll all suffer for it.

Quote:
Healthcare is not about redistrubtion of money.
What else do you call taking my hard earned money and giving it to a concern that will pay for your health care? Even though it works in reverse, it's still taking someone else's money...usually against their will...and creating a system that will distrubte health care services.
The money to fund Obamacare isn't going to drop out of the sky...although the way the feds are printing money you'd think so.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:35 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandie View Post
That's my point. And we'll all suffer for it.

No more than you would suffer when you ran out of that money.

What else do you call taking my hard earned money and giving it to a concern that will pay for your health care? Even though it works in reverse, it's still taking someone else's money...usually against their will...and creating a system that will distrubte health care services.
The money to fund Obamacare isn't going to drop out of the sky...although the way the feds are printing money you'd think so.
Well considering you already pay for the healthcare of most of those who can't pay for it then I would think anymore money you put into the program will be going not to pay for other peoples healthcare but for your own.

The government requires people to wear seatbelts against their will. The government requires people to buy automobile insurance against their will. The government could require you to buy health insurance against your will... well that is essentially what they are doing. As far as the cost. I don't imagine that Obamacare will be any more expensive than current insurance rates and doctor bills are. The reason for that is that hospitals already have to treat people whether they have insurance to pay or not. So the hospitals just pass that bill on to you and your insurance company anyways.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Well considering you already pay for the healthcare of most of those who can't pay for it then I would think anymore money you put into the program will be going not to pay for other peoples healthcare but for your own.
And I don't like that idea one bit. I'd rather pay for my own. But, no matter how it's couched, it's still taking our hard earned money and distrubting it to cover others health care costs...even if it works in reverse as well.

Quote:
The government requires people to wear seatbelts against their will. The government requires people to buy automobile insurance against their will. The government could require you to buy health insurance against your will... well that is essentially what they are doing. As far as the cost. I don't imagine that Obamacare will be any more expensive than current insurance rates and doctor bills are. The reason for that is that hospitals already have to treat people whether they have insurance to pay or not. So the hospitals just pass that bill on to you and your insurance company anyways.
The government doesn't require people to buy from one central concern to purchase auto insurance. If purchasing auto insurance was required the same way health care will be, then it would rocket in price too.
As of now we're allowed to shop across state lines. Further, auto insurance is a requirement of states, not the federal government if I remember correctly.

Obamacare will not only raise rates it already has. It's gone so far that companies are dropping coverages all together. This whole thing is a fiasco.
And it will only get worse.
This was brought up because there's supposedly 12 million un-insured and Obama and the dems think it's the government's responsibility to cover their health care. It's ludicrous....does anyone pay for your auto insurance other than yourself?
I don't pay for someone else's health care in another state.

As per seat belts...it's none of the federal government's business as well. All these things should be left up to the states.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:10 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Are we rolling downhill like a snowball headed for hell?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRtqUNEKXdg
Old 11-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Are we rolling downhill like a snowball headed for hell?

I contend only God knows how much of this is being over-stated (the op).
I'm hoping the truth lies in the middle and things aren't as bad as they are being reported.
Although, it's hard to find any reports with a positive outlook.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaShaliach View Post
A follow up note concerning the high income of doctors.

First read the entire article, Doctors say Medicare cuts force painful decision about elderly patients. Now, are some doctors getting 'rich'? You bet. A doctor receiving $250,000 per year has the purchasing power of about $62,000 (remember inflation?). Then, consider, if doctors has such a cash cow in rendering Medicare/Medicaid services then why cut back? The article hints at two very good reasons. Greed, if the technology is available, why not use it and charge a big price for the service? The second, self protection. What is not being advertised too much is that there is a growing number of doctors leaving the profession because they cannot afford the malpractice insurance.

I don't remember right off hand, but in the past five years or so I remember reading about two or three states in the east where doctors are leaving those states because they can no longer afford to practice there because of insurance rates.

The system is truly broke! Health care cries out for an overhaul. But, what was pushed through congress is a disaster. "We have to pass this bill so we can find out what's in it." Did not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. Now, I have cold chills.
My husband works with an MD who left the American Medical Association over the health care bill.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 11-28-2010, 02:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
It is respectfully noted that people in Scandinavian countries live longer aka have longer lifespans. Ditto England and every other country with a (so-called terrible) public healthcare system. Ditto Canada. So, with this in mind, what's your point?

Have you been there or tried out or observed a public system?

How 'bout access to medication? Didja know I can hop down to the pharmacy down the street and buy anything I want or need w/o a prescription for less than my copay used to be?

Canadians and scandinavians dont have to go to the doctor. They can just go buy their medications. Cuts down (significantly) on the healthcare system load. Whatever they are doing wrong - they also live longer. So. Where does your fear come from?
I have lots of Canadian relatives, so I have a fairly good picture of the Canadian healthcare system. Some of it is good. Some of it is not so good.....and they have to pick and choose according to what they can afford too. If you are poor, your choices are limited compared to those who can pay.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~