Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2  
Old 07-12-2019, 10:09 AM
Michael The Disciple's Avatar
Michael The Disciple Michael The Disciple is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,549
Re: Different Types of Apostolic Churches

Saw this a while back. My experience may be more limited among them but the ones I HAVE seen or heard of SEEM to be pretty much the same.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-15-2019, 09:09 AM
Holy Roller's Avatar
Holy Roller Holy Roller is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 550
Re: Different Types of Apostolic Churches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Saw this a while back. My experience may be more limited among them but the ones I HAVE seen or heard of SEEM to be pretty much the same.
All the churches you know of seem to be similar?
__________________
To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible to be alive without breathing.
(Martin Luther)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-15-2019, 09:56 AM
Michael The Disciple's Avatar
Michael The Disciple Michael The Disciple is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,549
Re: Different Types of Apostolic Churches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Roller View Post
All the churches you know of seem to be similar?
Pretty much. On foundation doctrine they teach Acts 2:38 and of course Oneness. Almost all believe in immortal soul and never ending torment in Hell. Almost all teach pre trib rapture. The very few that teach post trib (in my experience) never mention it.

I was driving 75 miles one way to a Church that believes in post trib. After around 5 months the Pastor had never taught on it once or even mentioned it. We had simultaneously been attending a Church on and off in our area 12 miles away. They were pre trib.

Both of these Pastors teach almost the same message all the time. You could not tell any difference between the two so we gave up on the one 75 miles away.

Both groups oppose beards on men. One told me he does not "favor" beards the other allows them but in a "platform standards" context. Both of them oppose women trimming hair and or wearing pants.

Neither one of them teach Biblical perfection.

The praise and worship is almost exactly the same. Mostly contemporary music trying to mix in an "Apostolic" feel.

There is no testimony time in either group. People are exhorted to witness to the lost but there is no outreach strategy. A few women in the pre trib Church do a Church Bus ministry for children.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-15-2019, 11:28 AM
diakonos's Avatar
diakonos diakonos is online now
HO x 3


 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 792
Re: Different Types of Apostolic Churches

Quote:
Pretty much. On foundation doctrine they teach Acts 2:38 and of course Oneness. Almost all believe in immortal soul and never ending torment in Hell. Almost all teach pre trib rapture. The very few that teach post trib (in my experience) never mention it.
Fairly accurate assessment.
__________________
John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-16-2019, 02:11 PM
Ktc1jesus Ktc1jesus is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 6
Re: Different Types of Apostolic Churches

There are a few little apostolic churches in my area and they are usually less than 50 people, the revelation of Jesus is preached and that is great but legalism steps in and before the fish gets in the boat they try and clean them up they feed them steak instead of milk and it runs them off, somebody coming in from a life of drugs or sexual perversion needs a little time to grow but if they see a lady in a short shirt that is the sermon a man with a beard or long hair itís about hair and a shame That turned me off from those churchís but not the revelation of Jesus Christ and Acts 2:38 nobody can take that truth from me let God change the heart of a person and if showed love one of the greatest commandments then they might add that fish to the tank
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-16-2019, 03:02 PM
Michael The Disciple's Avatar
Michael The Disciple Michael The Disciple is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,549
Re: Different Types of Apostolic Churches

Hi KTC,

Welcome to the forum! Are you still going to an Apostolic Church?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-16-2019, 06:15 PM
Ktc1jesus Ktc1jesus is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 6
Re: Different Types of Apostolic Churches

No Iím visiting different churches mostly Church of Godís they believe in the Holy Ghost and are mostly older people who know how to really worship and allow God to move
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-17-2019, 09:25 AM
Holy Roller's Avatar
Holy Roller Holy Roller is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 550
Re: Different Types of Apostolic Churches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktc1jesus View Post
There are a few little apostolic churches in my area and they are usually less than 50 people, the revelation of Jesus is preached and that is great but legalism steps in and before the fish gets in the boat they try and clean them up they feed them steak instead of milk and it runs them off, somebody coming in from a life of drugs or sexual perversion needs a little time to grow but if they see a lady in a short shirt that is the sermon a man with a beard or long hair itís about hair and a shame That turned me off from those churchís but not the revelation of Jesus Christ and Acts 2:38 nobody can take that truth from me let God change the heart of a person and if showed love one of the greatest commandments then they might add that fish to the tank
It isn't uncommon that stories like these surface. I know that some Apostolic churches get caught up in cleaning the fish before its battered. They want them to look "holy", but don't seem to show great concern for their inner holiness.

That's sad. Inner and outer holiness are equally essential. The Lord requires both. Let the babies come in, give them milk, and let the Holy Ghost and preacher's guidance do the rest. They'll get there, some faster than others.

Now, standards are a different discussion. I, for one, was against "church standards" for a long time, but no longer. We need them. It's important for our pastors to set standards for their pulpits as to what is and isn't alright to stand in front of the congregation. If the standards in the pulpit fall, it won't be long and the standards in the pews will be lower, too.

No new convert will have standards higher than someone on the platform. It's not going to happen.

We need to allow people to grow and fall in love with separation, holiness, and modesty, not choke them with it. I've been there. I rejected any kind of holiness at one time because I hung around with a crowd that believed holiness was consumed with outward standards and convictions. That's certainly a part of it, but love comes first and foremost.
__________________
To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible to be alive without breathing.
(Martin Luther)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-17-2019, 09:27 AM
Holy Roller's Avatar
Holy Roller Holy Roller is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 550
Re: Different Types of Apostolic Churches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktc1jesus View Post
No Iím visiting different churches mostly Church of Godís they believe in the Holy Ghost and are mostly older people who know how to really worship and allow God to move
The Church of God churches in my area have went astray, and badly.

No holiness. No separation. Rare, if any, move of God or the spiritual gifts. They've backslid.

I'd encourage to find a Bible-preaching, Holy Ghost-filled Apostolic church that preaches the Truth with love and compassion for lost souls.
__________________
To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible to be alive without breathing.
(Martin Luther)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How many Apostolic churches in Venezuela? Evang.Benincasa Fellowship Hall 4 02-06-2017 08:13 PM
Apostolic house churches? Esaias Fellowship Hall 38 07-01-2013 03:07 PM
Your perception of apostolic churches jfrog Fellowship Hall 137 11-20-2010 10:53 AM
Apostolic Churches in BC? Chris2008 Canadian Flavour 6 03-18-2009 11:15 AM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Salome
- by Esaias
- by n david
- by mfblume

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.