Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:02 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
A legitimate concern ... but I'd like to also discuss the nature of the NCO's and AWCF's cooperation ... it's effects on the ministry within the UPCI and Phillips role within the AWCF.

Does anyone think that the decision by NCO leaders to befriend the AWCF was calculated?
Seems to be . . . which means it's all the same kind of politics, just a different name.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:13 AM

I think we must realize that there are over 180 Oneness orgs in the AWCF ...

Among them is the True Jesus Church in China that believes that we must practice the Sabbath and that a baptism is not valid if its not performed in "living water" like a river, ocean or lake.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:19 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
bump for Brother Amos

I disagree with the so-called "magic hair" doctrine, but that is not on a par with heresy regarding the Godhead.

It also has yet to be addressed, while the divine flesh doctrine has.

And the LORD took me as I followed the flock, and the LORD said unto me, Go, prophesy unto my people Israel."

--Amos 7:14-15
Old 07-27-2007, 11:22 AM
Beautiful are the feet......

I just listened to KP's sermon, and all I can say is "WOW"!!!
Old 07-27-2007, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman View Post
I just listened to KP's sermon, and all I can say is "WOW"!!!
PM, care to elaborate ... about why it's WOW.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Beautiful are the feet......

Quote:
PM, care to elaborate ... about why it's WOW.
He preached from a perspective that I never really thought about:

"Because of technology, we are the only generation that has had the capabilty to evangelize the entire world! If we don't use it, we're blowing the opportunity!"
Old 07-27-2007, 12:02 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:

"Because of technology, we are the only generation that has had the capabilty to evangelize the entire world! If we don't use it, we're blowing the opportunity!"
interesting place to end up but he wondered thru some odd territory with the whole thing about Israel extending to the Nile in the south and the Euphraties in the east dont you think?
Old 07-27-2007, 12:03 PM

Quote:

A skeptic might question the motives of a keynote speaker of a different fellowship to focus on this issue considering the present climate .... no?
Old 07-27-2007, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
interesting place to end up but he wondered thru some odd territory with the whole thing about Israel extending to the Nile in the south and the Euphraties in the east dont you think?
Phillips seems to often talk about prophecy ... from his end-time perspective ... and how it relates to the modern day nation of Israel which could've been troubling to the preterists in the room .... however ...

I think his view is that in these last days the Church must use what is available to them in spreading the Gospel ....

but let's be honest ... every minister in that AWCF Congress knew he was partially addressing the UPCI issue of TV.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Here are the questions I have:

1. Have the NCO and AWCF been opportunistic in taking advantage of the internal struggles within the UPCI. Are they “raiding” the org or are they providing a “safety net” for disgruntled moderate to liberal ministers within the org?

Brother Daniel, my own opinion is this, when we look at reformations that have happened in history they are full of splits from organizations and even when they leave their mother organization they tend to have splits and schisms within their newly formed groups. Is AWCF and NCO trying to find more ministers I would say of course. Should anyone have a problem with them trying to get men from an already existing organization? There should be no problem with that either. Why do I say that? Because if anyone can recruit members from the UPCI then those men who leave were already thinking of leaving regardless of the organization. If anyone is disgruntled they need to go to the conference floor and work that out with those they are in fellowship with. Number one the conference floor is the place to take care of the business of their organization. If every Brother involved would stand up in LOVE, and work this whole issue out we will have the greatest revival the planet will ever see!

Quote:
2. Why are these organizations posting such an article on their websites? Are they using the current state of discontent within the UPC to their favor? Isn't this a very aggressive move on their part?

of course, and there has been others who have come before them who anticipated the UPCI having a split and even boasted that their newly formed organization would bloom from the exodus, alas, my Bible says where the Eagles Gather there the dead body lies, so the Gathering of Eagles came and went. Are the men awaiting a Moses, a Joshua? They will not find that in Pastor Kenneth Phillips, and Brother Suber. Please don't get me wrong Brother Daniel, I am not being unkind to these men, I'm just saying that what the UPCI needs in September is to hunker down and get their problem worked out. JUST AS THE HOLY GHOST would like.

Quote:
3. Does anyone have information to corroborate the unconfirmed rumors that the NCO and or the AWCF are being aggressive in recruiting or in offering a safety net?
I have no information concerning that rumor. In time it will be proven either true or false.

Quote:
4. What if Bishop Phillips became the presiding Bishop of not only the NCO but the AWCF? What effects would this have on the Apostolic Oneness movement as a whole?
What effects? Pastor Kenneth Phillips and Brother Suber, I wish them well.
I myself have issue with any form of Dominion Theology. I have Brothers who are Dominionist and have good friends who are Word Made Flesh doctrine.
I hardly think anyone who is a student of the Word can be comfortable within the Dominionist teaching. Although time will prove all things. I hope these men pray thousands through to the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues and baptize millions in Jesus name for the remission of sins. I also hope that all goes well in the United Pentecostal Church International, AWCF, ALJC, and the others who have a love for souls and Acts 2:38.

In Jesus name

Brother Benincasa

www.OnTimeJournal.com