Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:50 AM
Banned

Re: The green star that visited W. Branham many ti

i think that verse was meant to be facetious, too
Old 08-19-2017, 12:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrus50 View Post
And also about the vibrations and getting hot of the hand .

47-1102 THE.ANGEL.OF.GOD_ PHOENIX.AZ SUNDAY_
"I know not. But in the room that night when He came (to you people)... It appeared to me many times in a form of a--of a star. I've seen it many times. But when it came visible, it was a Man that would seemingly would weigh two hundred pounds"
And I looked, and the Light got greater. And just above me hung a great Star. And the Light was kind of a, more of a green, between green and yellow, shining on the floor. And coming walking through this Light, came a Man that looked like, as I said before, would weigh two hundred pounds, a huge Man. He did not have beard over His face, like Christ's picture does. Who He is, I do not know.

How the Angel Came to Me, and His Commission
And-and right in here there was a-a Light on the floor, and I thought, “Well, where's that? Well, that couldn't be coming...” I looked around. And here iIt was above me, this very same Light, right there above me, hanging right like that. Circling around like a fire, kind of an emerald color, going, “Whoossh, whoossh, whoossh!” like that, Just above It, like that. And I looked at that, and I thought, “What is That?” Now, It scared me.

47-1102.. THE.ANGEL.OF.GOD_.. PHOENIX.AZ.. SUNDAY
...Judgment of God, where I'll have to give an account for every word that I... Every word that I have spoke, I'll have to answer for it. But all of a sudden my hand, the one which the gift comes through, the vibrations, got real hot. And I...

Green lights ,stars , vibrations of the hand , also the hot hand. All things we find all to often in the occult. Why do christians in the message see no wrong in this?
Sounds like a witch hunt.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 03-21-2018, 12:34 PM
Registered Member

A pastor Ruff who worked with Branham ceased working with him when he noted traits of spiritism in his ministry. He is important to Pentecostal history for being the evangelistic pace-setter and like JA Dowie, CF Parham and others in Pentecostal history thought himself Elijah the Restorer (John Baptist in Parham's case). He was a truly odd one and in my opinion a false teacher who regrettably did not listen to the wise, loving rebukes of those who saw through the occultism in his life stemming multiple generations.

Perhaps most interesting was AH Phol's interview with Dr DW Cloud exposing Branham's false healings. Cloud has a decent book on him at wayoflife.org, his website. I do not endorse him, though.

Last edited by Strict Baptist; 03-21-2018 at 12:37 PM.