Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:58 AM
My Family!

Re: Massive shakeup going on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroGibs View Post
Who is this guy?? "Pastors is the servant of those people" WOW!!! Brother, I don't know who you are but you are in my prayers today!!!
Well, this should be interesting!
Old 01-29-2008, 08:01 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
It can depend. If the "overstretching his authority" is an ideological difference and others in the church see it as such, then you should simply agree to disagree and find another pastor.

However, if the problem imperils the well being of others then you should speak out.

I don't think there are any easy answers here. Anything you do will involve some hurt feelings. Presumably, you (or that other poster) has already invested a lot of time and a big piece of their heart to the church. Sometimes you have to look at the "needs of the many;" and as a Christian that means taking some hits on your own chin while keeping a smile on your face. This is not an easy task.
The true church will stand!!! No man can destroy!!! Man can try, but God has a way of moving them out of his way!!

Here is the problem my Brother, We seem to take possession of the church, it is not your church and it’s not my church it belongs to God. This is the only way to think and keep a good spirit!! If you see something that is wrong in the church or pastor, pray for that. Keep this in mind, never pray against your church or pastor (That witchcraft). You are praying your will and not the will of God. Always pray Gods will!!!!!

Something to think about!!!!
Old 01-29-2008, 08:09 AM
Rebel with a cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeatlast View Post
Sorry brother but this bull feathers.

Here's a scenario for you Br Phelps:

A congregation of 125 regular worshipers just finished paying off their 2 million dollar property.

Their pastor retires and the church elects a new pastor.

This new pastor is all swell for about a year. Then he begins to preach theat cut hair is OK tatoo's are OK.

Just say the "Sinner's prayer" and you'll be saved.

Baptism is OK if you want to , otherwise it's not necesary.

This new pastor has not invested dollar one in this assembly, the membership is very upset with this new fangled teaching.

BUT Br Phelps thay are to be quiet or just walk away from the church THEY built ACCORDING to YOU and give it over to this PASTOR just because he is part of the five fold ministry?????

This pastor on a clergy class pedastal thing we have going today came out of the Catholic Church. it was not a part of the NT church.....they ALL were fellow laborers in the kingdom of God.
Interesing scenario.

What is your suggestion? That they vote him out?

I suppose that is one human way of looking at it.

But, what did they do in Bible times? Did God ever allow a nation to overthrow a wicked king who was living on the donations of the people?

Did God ever sanction a New Testament assembly to "vote out" or "Run out of town on a rail" a pastor?

I agree with you that it's a tremendous injustice when the above situation happens, and I have stated for the record repeatedly that I do NOT agree with a pastor doing this.

However, my position boils down to one simple question:

WHAT IS THE BIBLICAL WAY OF DEALING WITH THIS????????

I don't want your opinion, I want some scripture.
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Old 01-29-2008, 08:11 AM
Rebel with a cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Phelps View Post
Interesing scenario.

What is your suggestion? That they vote him out?

I suppose that is one human way of looking at it.

But, what did they do in Bible times? Did God ever allow a nation to overthrow a wicked king who was living on the donations of the people?

Did God ever sanction a New Testament assembly to "vote out" or "Run out of town on a rail" a pastor?

I agree with you that it's a tremendous injustice when the above situation happens, and I have stated for the record repeatedly that I do NOT agree with a pastor doing this.

However, my position boils down to one simple question:

WHAT IS THE BIBLICAL WAY OF DEALING WITH THIS????????

I don't want your opinion, I want some scripture.
(And by the way, a true Christian knows that once they've given their money to the church, it's not their money any more anyway, it's God's, and God will deal with those who misuse it)
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Old 01-29-2008, 08:46 AM
kaymammy

Bro. Wayne Cardwell is the finest Pastor you could ever ask for. He is not leaving the UPC right now. He has told us that he will give it a year. That is fair. I really hate that a majority of the preachers in the UPC have forsaken the "Old Paths". Bro. Cardwell still preaches it like I first heard it as a child and I am thankful for that!
Old 01-29-2008, 08:51 AM
Beautiful are the feet......

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaymammy View Post
Bro. Wayne Cardwell is the finest Pastor you could ever ask for. He is not leaving the UPC right now. He has told us that he will give it a year. That is fair. I really hate that a majority of the preachers in the UPC have forsaken the "Old Paths". Bro. Cardwell still preaches it like I first heard it as a child and I am thankful for that!
I don't think there's anything in the UPCI to prevent him from carrying on his heartfelt beliefs.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeatlast View Post
Sorry brother but this bull feathers.

Here's a scenario for you Br Phelps:

A congregation of 125 regular worshipers just finished paying off their 2 million dollar property.

Their pastor retires and the church elects a new pastor.

This new pastor is all swell for about a year. Then he begins to preach theat cut hair is OK tatoo's are OK.

Just say the "Sinner's prayer" and you'll be saved.

Baptism is OK if you want to , otherwise it's not necesary.

This new pastor has not invested dollar one in this assembly, the membership is very upset with this new fangled teaching.

BUT Br Phelps thay are to be quiet or just walk away from the church THEY built ACCORDING to YOU and give it over to this PASTOR just because he is part of the five fold ministry?????

This pastor on a clergy class pedastal thing we have going today came out of the Catholic Church. it was not a part of the NT church.....they ALL were fellow laborers in the kingdom of God.
Ah but this is why a REAL Pentecostal preacher leaves his church to his son or son in law whether or not they are called of God to preach or pastor.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:57 AM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman View Post
I don't think there's anything in the UPCI to prevent him from carrying on his heartfelt beliefs.
Ivorytickler, in addition to my concurring with you, I dont see anything in km's comments that deny that the church is opposed to WC taking the church out of the org.

What was not stated above speaks louder to me that what was...
Old 01-29-2008, 10:05 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
What old paths have the majority of UPC preachers left?
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 01-29-2008, 11:20 AM
kaymammy

There has been no uprising of saints regarding whether Bro. Cardwell stays in the UPC or not. Most of these comments are coming from folks who felt that God was leading them to leave our church. Who am I to question God? When and if the time to leave comes, there will be a vote taken in our congregation.
The "old paths" referred to are simply the holiness standards that have been with us for years and now some think that they are no longer necessary.