Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-04-2019, 05:49 PM
Registered Member

Re: Homestead Heritage in waco tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
I’m not kidding.

One day you might joke on a bone.
Duly noted.
Old 11-26-2021, 03:42 PM
Registered Member

Fair going on, a bit on the Internet, I saw a little live YouTube.

The fairs are still invigorating. Any reports appreciated! I got hit with a detox (cold) combined with some work stuff so my thoughts of going down there were shelved.

Spiritually, the word about their yahweh-devil and yahshua-gibberish worship and related problems is getting out. There really is no way around that for a true Christian.

(There are also Bible problems and baptism problems and other problems.)
Old 11-26-2021, 04:34 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery View Post

The fairs are still invigorating. Any reports appreciated! I got hit with a detox (cold) combined with some work stuff so my thoughts of going down there were shelved.

Spiritually,
the word about their yahweh-devil and yahshua-gibberish worship
and related problems is getting out. There really is no way around that for a true Christian.

Please direct us to what you are talking about?
Old 11-26-2021, 04:48 PM
Registered Member

Homestead Heritage and yahweh-jupiter worship

connecting dots - Acts 14 pagan Jupiter is yahweh
http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...ad.php?t=50557

Homestead Heritage began as a Christian fellowship.
And externally, they try to keep that front.

However, their main goal is "Yahweh-worship" and the prayer rooms echo loudly to that dark-side entity. Song worship as well, as when they mangle the beautiful song "Days of Elijah" to no longer say "no God but Jehovah" and instead call on the creepy, dark word. And I had to RUN the aisles OUT from that spiritual darkness assault at the 2009 Fair.

Jehovah is the true English name for the Tetragram, JHVH (Yehovah is equivalent) and is used properly 7 times in the Authorized Version, LORD being most common. Yahweh is not Hebrew, not Jewish, not Christian, it snuck into Christian circles by bogus anti-scholarship from liberals and unbelievers. Gesenius even liked the pagan connection.

For a Christian, even light veneration usage should be avoided, Bible reading, commentary, discussion, preaching, but Homestead Heritage goes 1,000++ times further, wildly crying out to the dark entity in a droning mantra way ... "ohhhhhh yahhhweehhh". Spiritual entities are invoked by their name and yahweh is our old dark buddy handy-man Jupiter, going back to pre-Christian times (the Samaritan Temple was dedicated to Jupiter at one time, Jupiter == Zeus) to the New Testament to the later Roman occupation. Big honcho devil.

Around 1990 Homestead Heritage started to add "Yahshua", a sacred name abomination that is gibberish. Yahshua was invented in the 1930s by know-nothing USA sacred namers. This disaster was able to elbow and jockey with Jesus in the water baptism. It is one of the ways that they have left their original Apostolic water baptism doctrines, understandings and experiences.

If for some reason you want to use a Hebrew name for Jesus (e.g. the song Mayim, Mayim, or an Israeli fellowship) the name is Yeshua, with a long form Yehoshua. Yehoshua matches up with the theophoric names, which match up to the original theophoric name Yehovah!

When Homestead Heritage started down this pathway of darkness, it was sort of cutesy, and most people did not understand what was going on. Even in my own travels in the 1990s I spent some time visiting Sacred Name (or Qodesh Name) circles. That really helped me understand what was going on. However, the less encompassing error of the 1970s and 80s morphed into outright obstinate ignorance and rebellion by Homestead Heritage in the last decade. Accountability.

And I know the dynamic since they actually asked me to share with them on the topic (from around 2005-2015) and also share on the pure Bible topic. When they cut off our communication, under a humorous ruse, they freed me up to share more publicly. This is necessary and proper because they hide so much.

Let me stop here for now.

Last edited by Steven Avery; 11-26-2021 at 05:20 PM.
Old 11-27-2021, 01:38 PM
Registered Member

Homestead Heritage & stifling of Christian faith

And I touched on some of the water baptism problems here:
http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...8&postcount=77

However, it has gotten much worse. You will not find the connection of water baptism and remission of sins on their public statement of faith. (They have a blasphemy statement that you are making a pledge of the old nature.) The Yahshua abomination is put in the most critical spot of the document I am next describing. It is very questionable as to whether they receive an apostolic, remission of sins, water baptism. Those who leave, who are not the early crew of the 70s and 80s, may well need a water baptism in Jesus name for the remission of sins!

And more and more they try to make water baptism a pledge or vow (the pure Bible says simply the answer of a good conscience toward God, 1 Peter 3:21) to stay essentially forever under their supposedly anointed ministry, and any leaving will trigger all sorts of walls of recrimination, plus wild roadblocks are in the way even if you simply see the foundational doctrinal errors.

If you want to be baptized, they want you to sign a document of about 135 pages, put your initials on it about 100 times, to a document with foundational errors, which you are saying is revealed truth that you totally accept as fully your own conviction!

Their Bible perspective is a total disaster. Infallibility and inerrancy only in the "original autographs" (meaning no actual discernible text that you read, it is liberal claptrap that Joel Stein fell for way back, and infected the Homestead Heritage beliefs) and they were trying to put out their own version for years. Blair Adams (1944-2021) started in the 70s really believing his King James Bible is the pure word of God, but the fellership got hijacked. It is more and more their literature that matters, and they compound that problem by taking the convoluted writings of Joel Stein and the center and giving it the byline of Blair Adams. And for Versions, they jump around a dozen corruption versions, smorgasbord style. People in the fellership can be reading the NLT or even the Message. And it is very painful when you see the literature, especially if you are a Bible believer! Scriptures are continually misused, poor translations emphasized, they pull out whatever fits what they want to say. (Their rhema.) Lots of scripture verses listed, sans text, with poor applicability to the topic.

The people inside are put under heavy restrictions in terms of reading and studying outside material. They are kept away from tons of fascinating research, and truth. The blood of Jesus is de-emphasized. Folks are not really looking into beautiful elements like the Ron Wyatt archaeology, and how the blood of Jesus landed on the mercy seat through the earthquake crack on the day of the crucifixion.

Just trust the elders, and the truths (and errors) they bring forth.

There are problems.

And the people who join up are often in the dark. Questions are asked, and vague and slippery answers are given. People will end up contacting me to understand what Homestead Heritage believes on issues like water baptism! They can sense that I am far more informative and transparent than the couched and scripted answers they get from Homestead.

Plus, since I speak positively about the vision and dedication, and keep my critiques focused on doctrine, I maintain street cred for those trying to weigh the pluses and minuses.

========================

Nonetheless, their homesteading visions, and the sense of Christianity being community, remain real.
Areas that were not shipwrecked.
The gifts and the callings of God are without repentance.

========================

Lord Jesus, speak to their hearts.
If there are honest heart spots, lead them out of darkness, especially the counterfeit names, and into your glorious light.
In Jesus name!

========================

Last edited by Steven Avery; 11-27-2021 at 02:43 PM.
Old 11-27-2021, 06:52 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Homestead Heritage & stifling of Christian fai

Quote:
And I touched on some of the water baptism problems here:
http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...8&postcount=77

However, it has gotten much worse. You will not find the connection of water baptism and remission of sins on their public statement of faith. (They have a blasphemy statement that you are making a pledge of the old nature.) The Yahshua abomination is put in the most critical spot of the document I am next describing. It is very questionable as to whether they receive an apostolic, remission of sins, water baptism. Those who leave, who are not the early crew of the 70s and 80s, may well need a water baptism in Jesus name for the remission of sins!

And more and more they try to make water baptism a pledge or vow (the pure Bible says simply the answer of a good conscience toward God, 1 Peter 3:21) to stay essentially forever under their supposedly anointed ministry, and any leaving will trigger all sorts of walls of recrimination, plus wild roadblocks are in the way even if you simply see the foundational doctrinal errors.

If you want to be baptized, they want you to sign a document of about 135 pages, put your initials on it about 100 times, to a document with foundational errors, which you are saying is revealed truth that you totally accept as fully your own conviction!

Their Bible perspective is a total disaster. Infallibility and inerrancy only in the "original autographs" (meaning no actual discernible text that you read, it is liberal claptrap that Joel Stein fell for way back, and infected the Homestead Heritage beliefs) and they were trying to put out their own version for years. Blair Adams (1944-2021) started in the 70s really believing his King James Bible is the pure word of God, but the fellership got hijacked. It is more and more their literature that matters, and they compound that problem by taking the convoluted writings of Joel Stein and the center and giving it the byline of Blair Adams. And for Versions, they jump around a dozen corruption versions, smorgasbord style. People in the fellership can be reading the NLT or even the Message. And it is very painful when you see the literature, especially if you are a Bible believer! Scriptures are continually misused, poor translations emphasized, they pull out whatever fits what they want to say. (Their rhema.) Lots of scripture verses listed, sans text, with poor applicability to the topic.

The people inside are put under heavy restrictions in terms of reading and studying outside material. They are kept away from tons of fascinating research, and truth. The blood of Jesus is de-emphasized. Folks are not really looking into beautiful elements like the Ron Wyatt archaeology, and how the blood of Jesus landed on the mercy seat through the earthquake crack on the day of the crucifixion.

Just trust the elders, and the truths (and errors) they bring forth.

There are problems.

And the people who join up are often in the dark. Questions are asked, and vague and slippery answers are given. People will end up contacting me to understand what Homestead Heritage believes on issues like water baptism! They can sense that I am far more informative and transparent than the couched and scripted answers they get from Homestead.

Plus, since I speak positively about the vision and dedication, and keep my critiques focused on doctrine, I maintain street cred for those trying to weigh the pluses and minuses.

========================

Nonetheless, their homesteading visions, and the sense of Christianity being community, remain real.
Areas that were not shipwrecked.
The gifts and the callings of God are without repentance.

========================

Lord Jesus, speak to their hearts.
If there are honest heart spots, lead them out of darkness, especially the counterfeit names, and into your glorious light.
In Jesus name!

========================
How many people agree and live out on this place?
Old 11-28-2021, 06:36 AM
Registered Member

Homestead Heritage - the attraction and seduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
How many people agree and live out on this place?
Maybe a thousand, and more, including a few satellites and sub-units in the USA, and overseas. Not all live at "this place".

When you say "agree" I would say most of them did not deeply consider points like the concern for counterfeit names, the pagan jupiter, when they got involved. They liked the community, homesteading, crafts, holiness dress, obedient children and other similar elements. Who can blame them, it is, on the surface, a more real Christianity than the church milieu. This was in the early 1970s vision, and the gifts and callings of God are without repentance.

In order to be part of all the good stuff, the newbies accepted false teachings, with minimal examination, as if they were true. Note: some with a oneness background said "nope" when they got unsatisfactory answers to the apostolic doctrinal questions. And now they are searching out communities with sound doctrine.

In one case at least, a family involved for years on the edges did not even know what was that droning sound "ohhhhh yahhhhweehh" in the prayer rooms. (That surprised me a bit.)

The original crew, up to about 1985-1990, were more aware, and there is a core of about 50 that have remained since the New Jersey days. Wonderful dedicated folks. And the teachings were generally sound. e.g. There was a Hebrews 6 foundation-stones teaching. Although Yahweh, unfortunately, was even involved back then, at least in the later 70s, albeit in a much lesser way. Excitement and worship was in the name of Jesus on the mainline, without the droning prayers. There was no Yahshua.

The King James Bible had a special status since it was the Bible in Blair's hand, which he would lift up high, although in the fellership it was being mixed with a couple of corruption versions, like the NIV and NAS. We were a bit naive at the time and did not know how corrupt are those versions.

Later came piles of corruption versions, literally a pile was brought by one elder, Howard Wheeler, into the meetings, it looked like almost a dozen. This was one of the early big concerns. Are we supposed to play around with a dozen versions (mostly Westcott-Hort recension corruptions) looking for what fits??? That is not Christianity, but we let it go by.

The water baptisms were sound up to that period. The apostasy in water baptism was largely begun 1990-2000, and has gotten worse. Their Confession for Baptism and Communion, which must be signed and initialed all over, highlights that Yahshua is the name for water baptism (although they also might at times hybrid it with Jesus.) Yahshua is NOT a Hebrew name for anybody.

Around 2005 they could have worked their way out of the Yahweh-Yahshua bondage. They showed some interest, and that may have been sincere inquiry. Maybe. Today, it is all hardened rebellion. And make sure there is no real study by the individuals and families.

The fellership defense mechanisms are way up. A knowing nod to their wonderful knowledge (sarcasm alert.) Attack the source of information, even make things up to try to discredit, a really scurrilous tactic. Suggest that this inquiry could lead to separation from your family. Other than my attempt, where they invited me to share, I have never heard of their being involved in any edifying discussion, email, forum or in person. It is a sad commentary on today's Christianity that there is no plumb line of truth Bible for most, and little or no concern about pagan-devil names. Btw, this applies to many oneness scholars as well, who use and abuse the false name yahweh, although without the fellership fervency of daily prayer to that entity.

Ironically, likely the world's most informed Hebraist on these issues is in Texas, not too far away, with north-south travels that go right by their spot. A very cordial gentleman with a real smile and a patient approach. This is Nehemia Gordon, the Karaite, now a PhD. If they were honest, they could have at least engaged a little lunch dialog, brought their University folks and their Israelis who are fluent in Hebrew and kept their minds open.

Instead, stubborn and obstinate rebellion.

Yours in the wonderful name of Jesus!
Steven (Avery) Spencer

In the fellership I was known simply as Steven Spencer, my middle name Avery became my internet name. Since the fellership ministry folks surely read all this, I want to avoid any confusion.

Last edited by Steven Avery; 11-28-2021 at 07:40 AM.
Old 11-28-2021, 08:33 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

Spiritually, the word about their yahweh-devil and yahshua-gibberish worship and related problems is getting out. There really is no way around that for a true Christian.

Could you give me a quick synopsis why people are so against this community?
Old 11-28-2021, 08:47 AM
Registered Member

Always interesting.
Old 11-28-2021, 08:50 AM
Registered Member

Homestead Heritage - why the opposition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Could you give me a quick synopsis why people are so against this community?
Overall, I consider myself as the best friend to the community, and I would love for them to return to a solid Christian base. (That would require, to start, dumping the false entity yahweh and the gibberish yahshua. Best, they should simply return to the AV and the proper names that are there, including Jesus, and Jehovah, and the LORD. They should publicly renounce trying to put out an improved Homestead Heritage version as an error.) All that would help the needed water baptism correction.

Then there would be hope that they could be a true Christian beacon, rather than a gnostic/pagan side-show (no other way to describe yahweh-yahshua-worship their key beliefs, often kept hidden hush-hush), with good crafts.

And I saw the pure and beautiful beginnings, and thankfully give honour where due. Their ministry brought me to faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. What happened in the 70s was truly amazing. This lifting up of the vision and dedication separates me from almost all the public critics, who have their own blogs and videos, and find little positive to say.

Many are against them for subjective reasons. The ministry was too harsh and demanding. (They can work people very hard and have no regular sabbath, neither creation 7th-day or sunday.) They had some tragedies and situations that really felt wrong and were mishandled. (These are hard and painful to talk about.) They are sketchy in explanations, and have a habit of saying what is convenient. And sometimes they simply rewrite history, personal and community wide (generally they avoid outright lies, but lines can be crossed.) They are too scripted. Their doctrine is not orthodox Christian (not my complaint ). Their structures and finances are hidden. False prophecies. They intervened in marriages with a heavy hand (they do not have any true marriage permanence doctrines and have countenanced adulterous relationships, even their formation.) They want you to see the ministry as Christ in the flesh. They do not seem to realize the covid sham truths. They downgrade the blood of Jesus. They want complete acceptance on areas where they really have no consistent doctrine, like eschatology.

And I generally give them a semi-pass on most all of that. Perfection and even excellence is hard to attain. And some of these are only lightly addressed in oneness circles, like sabbath and marriage permanence, so many of the readers here might shrug.

Although I do see a connection between the tragedies and their yahweh-worship.

There has been surprises, like using chemotherapy and a person recently getting the jab with approval. And embracing coffee and chocolate after decades of excellently teaching, as Holy Spirit revelation, that coffee is a serpent! Now they have a coffee shop, and many of us know that a few cups of coffee a day can really damage ones walk with the Lord Jesus.

So your question has a few different edges. Many leave Homestead Heritage and lose Christianity completely (no solid base any more, one family immediately started attacking the name of Jesus) while others are satisfied with simple Pentecostal and Baptist environments. And, to be fair, sometimes people do leave because of rebellion and sin against God, they want to splurge in the world. Thus they will attack Homestead from psycho-babble anti-cult perspectives. That was a big part of an anti-Homestead movement 15-20 years back. So I was defending them in public forums (Factnet and Topix.) This led to our direct discussions on the Names and the Bible.

Hope this was a reasonable overview.

Btw, if people want to join up with them, that is their decision. Maybe they believe in "Yahweh" already. Maybe they like the corruption versions. Maybe they are not apostolic water baptism doctrine. Maybe they don't mind some slippery responses. My point is simply to encourage them to be informed, eyes open. If they join up, I wash them the personal best, despite the prayers to a dark-side entity.

Blessings and grace in Jesus name!

Last edited by Steven Avery; 11-28-2021 at 09:36 AM.