Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-16-2012, 09:18 PM
Mr. Stewart

Re: T. Wynn Drost fired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Wow. You are really stretching to justify demanding 8 year old appliances be sold and money restituted. The Mothership may be 100% right in the actions they took regarding his position but if this is their "standard operating procedure" concerning items purchased or donated for missionaries I would suggest that some common sense needs to prevail.
Stretching what? My point is that this is standard operating procedure. Missionaries know what happens with SFC items when they are no longer on post. Some of the items my parents will eventually sell will likely be older than eight. The ones who are stretching are those who are trying to present it as an anomaly or a vindictive move. Once again, I believe it is possible that a part of this policy is the recognition that these monies that are given and written off are buying items not to be deemed actual personal property.

If someone donates an item directly to a missionary, I'm sure it is legally and ethically viewed differently than SFC monies.

Either the United States will destroy ignorance, or ignorance will destroy the United States. – W.E.B. DuBois
My Countdown Counting down to: The Apocolypse
Old 11-16-2012, 09:39 PM
Registered Member

Thomas Wynn Drost

An open denial of what his father believed
A second marriage that happened and then never happened
A manifesto written to headquarters declaring autonomy and supremacy over the national IPUM.
A meeting with Bernard and Howell, those of the "colonialist mentality".
A national election to oust him led by national ministers
A refusal to step down claiming legitimate, lifetime rule
Claims of election fraud
A race to license ministers, for votes, on both opposing sides
A Servant Woman, a girlfriend, allegations
A national board calls on General Board
IPUM schism, a split that claims nearly 50%.
Allegations of mishandled funds
Youtube videos defending the fort
General board strips missionary appointment
Pride, a fiefdom crumbles.

Last edited by Max Cosme; 11-16-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Registered Member

Drost making enemies with the hands that fed him, both with his Colombian brethren and the vatican in Hazlewood:

http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...t=34381&page=3
Old 11-16-2012, 11:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Again I would never have known about this without that video being put on first. The Letter that was posted here later came after as did Bernards response.

If Drost just wanted to address the Missionaries he should have sent them a letter not posted a youtube video
Old 11-16-2012, 11:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
I didn't imply anything. I'm pointing out that Drost's withholding of the reasons for his requested resignation is significant, coupled with the GMB doing the same thing.

I'm not drawing firm conclusions either way, but I'm not going to paint DKB and the GMB in a terrible light when in fact they may have good reasons that they don't want to make public. Remember: Drost has sons in the organization. It is quite possible that they are being protected with certain information being withheld.

It's never smart to jump to quick conclusions. Wait until all the information is out. You should really try to rein in your temper and talk nicely even when people don't agree with you.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:15 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Wow. You are really stretching to justify demanding 8 year old appliances be sold and money restituted. The Mothership may be 100% right in the actions they took regarding his position but if this is their "standard operating procedure" concerning items purchased or donated for missionaries I would suggest that some common sense needs to prevail.
yep, my point, i just think it was petty the way it was handled ,as i said no matter what, they could have not demanded this, let him keep his retirement (offer him retirement at full bene's) and avoided all this perhaps,no one knows what happened except the board BUT don't be petty, can do and should do, should be separated sometimes !
Old 11-17-2012, 03:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstew View Post
Stretching what? My point is that this is standard operating procedure. Missionaries know what happens with SFC items when they are no longer on post. Some of the items my parents will eventually sell will likely be older than eight. The ones who are stretching are those who are trying to present it as an anomaly or a vindictive move. Once again, I believe it is possible that a part of this policy is the recognition that these monies that are given and written off are buying items not to be deemed actual personal property.

If someone donates an item directly to a missionary, I'm sure it is legally and ethically viewed differently than SFC monies.
not vindictive stew ,petty, and it is !
Old 11-17-2012, 04:48 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstew View Post
For the incredibly under-informed. It is standard and known operating procedure that missionaries, upon leaving their post, sell all SFC-type items and return the money to GM to be used for additional things. Personally, I believe there is a legal element. When these things are bought with money people have donated for specific purposes and received tax credits for, I don't believe it can be considered and used as purely personal items. These are not items that were purchased with the missionary's salary (which incidentally they have paid taxes on) for their genuinely personal use.

As to informing missionaries that he was no longer a missionary...again standard operating procedure. In fact, we receive notice when even any licensed minister is no longer licensed. It would be ridiculous to have fellow missionaries find out he was no longer a missionary gradually and through the grapevine. I think it's particularly telling that hundreds of missionaries apparently knew that he was no longer a missionary, but NOBODY HERE (including those who profess to be close to him) knew about it. I think that qualifies as keeping it in house. The tragedy is that now EVERYBODY knows something.
Once again, the voice of reason....
Old 11-17-2012, 06:46 AM
Registered Member

His definition of autonomous seems to indicate membership within an organization without the influence and oversight of that organization.

I wonder what this Missionary thought would happen after he ADMITTEDLY REFUSED to comply with the UPCI's requests.

If he doesn't want the UPCI's influence and oversight, then he should leave the UPCI peacefully-- and that doesn't appear to be happening at all.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:11 AM
Administrator

Sounds like things could get messy. From watching his video and reading the UPCI letter it looks like if this "Unity Conference" fails there will be probably be two competing org.'s in Mexico.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"