Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Music Room
Facebook

Notices

The Music Room Share your favorite music, or request song lyrics here.

Old 02-17-2007, 04:40 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckstadt View Post
Not sure where you come down on this subject. I actually do not care about the beat. I care about the lyrics.

Much like MLK Jr, I do not care about the color of a man's skin, I care about the content of a man's character.

Same with a song...
Lyrics are important and they have to be understandable and be something we can all sing together
Old 02-17-2007, 04:41 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Lyrics are important and they have to be understandable and be something we can all sing together
I do agree with that......
Old 02-17-2007, 04:41 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
are you serious?? try relating the old gospel ship.. or the speckled bird to todays youth...
Old 02-17-2007, 04:43 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkeley View Post
are you serious?? try relating the old gospel ship.. or the speckled bird to todays youth...
We can share with them the gem of

"The old rugged cross"

"Everybody ought to know, who Jesus is!"

There are many gems they should learn.....
Old 02-17-2007, 04:43 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas
Quote:
And how does that relate to what I said?
Old 02-17-2007, 04:45 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
And how does that relate to what I said?
umm.. we can't all sing those songs together... !! I'm practically drunk anyway.. don't mind me..
Old 02-17-2007, 04:51 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
umm.. we can't all sing those songs together... !! I'm practically drunk anyway.. don't mind me..
I never said anything about "those songs"....the topic was Christian rock and my criteria was that the songs should be the lyrics are Christian, able to be understood and something we can all sing together as oppose to listening to some rapper rapping
Old 02-17-2007, 04:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I never said anything about "those songs"....the topic was Christian rock and my criteria was that the songs should be the lyrics are Christian, able to be understood and something we can all sing together as oppose to listening to some rapper rapping
Sometimes I could swear you and "Chan" are the same person.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:55 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seguidordejesus View Post
Sometimes I could swear you and "Chan" are the same person.
Could you try making some sense? Or are you drunk too?
Old 02-17-2007, 05:31 PM
Titus_2_3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by philjones View Post
Actually, Terry Joe is Country Gospel not Southern Gospel. But he is DEFINITELY one of my favorite Country Gospel singers. He and Bro. McCool are neck and neck in that regard. I have several of Terry Joe's CDs and a couple of his sound tracks just in case I get the opportunity to "sang" one of his Mizzipi originals!
Terry Joe Terrell grew up in the small Mississippi town of Foxworth. He was brought up in Pleasant Hill Pentecostal Church, where his father, Bro. Marvin Terrell, was the pastor, and after 48 years, still is. His mom, Annie Faye Terrell, was a prayer warrior who made everyone that came there feel like family.

At the young age of eleven, Terry experienced a tragedy. His mom passed away. Over the next seven years Terry grew bitter that his world had fallen apart. During this troubled time, Terry fell in love and married a girl from his church. God later blessed their home with a son and daughter. This brought some comfort to his life. However, he knew something was missing...

Then one night, while visiting his dad’s church, Terry was filled with the Holy Ghost. He finally found the Friend he had heard his mom speak of so many times.

In 1992 Terry took a leap of faith. He went to Big Stone Gap, VA, to cut a project with the Singing Cooks. With just a small sound system and his sound tracks placed in the trunk of his car, he and his family set out to be a witness through songs.

Fourteen years later God is still opening new doors across the United States. Terry hopes for many more years to continue to have the opportunity to tell about his Friend, Jesus Christ.

http://terryterrellsings.com