Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-12-2017, 09:25 PM
Registered Member

water baptism

Scripturally, who is authorized to administer baptism?
Old 02-12-2017, 11:13 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: water baptism

Quote:
Originally Posted by phareztamar View Post
Scripturally, who is authorized to administer baptism?
The male disciples of Jesus.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-13-2017, 12:05 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I've always shared your opinion, but lack any specific scripture. My opinion is formed from a sense I get from the new testament ministry, and the old testament temple orders. Yours?
Old 02-13-2017, 12:45 AM
Administrator

I offer this only as a meditation, not as a doctrine I think needs to be embraced:

On Yom Kippur, after the High Priest had laid his hands on the scapegoat and pronounced the sins of the nation of Israel upon it and symbolically transferred them to it, a "fit man" was found who was required to lead the scapegoat into the wilderness to be lost for good (the goat likely died in the desert after being led out).

Ritual Apostolic Immersion in the name of Jesus Christ is designed, when coupled with repentance from dead works and faith toward God, to bear ones sins away (the real meaning of "remission" in Greek, from aphesis), allowing for the initiate to experience the destruction of the body of their sins.

To me, this is along the same lines as the scapegoat and Yom Kippur.

This being the case, who then is the "fit man". Well, from what I've read on it, it appears to be whoever was handy, willing, and available to do so, presumably as long as they were members of the Sinaitic covenant, and as long as they were allowed to be within the sanctuary where the high priest ministered. This required them to be dedicated, consecrated, and atoned for, so they would not profane the sanctuary or defile the ritual.

Whoever meets that definition above, under the auspices of the New Covenant, of course, I think, is authorized to immerse.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/

Last edited by votivesoul; 02-14-2017 at 11:29 PM.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
I offer this only as a meditation, not as a doctrine I think needs to be embraced:

On Yom Kippur, after the High Priest had laid his hands on the scapegoat and pronounced the sins of the nation of Israel upon it and symbolically transferred them to it, a "fit man" was found who was required to lead the scapegoat into the wilderness to be lost for good (the goat likely died in the desert after being led out).

Ritual Apostolic Immersion in the name of Jesus Christ is designed, when coupled with repentance from dead works and faith toward, to bear ones sins away (the real meaning of "remission" in Greek, from aphesis), allowing for the initiate to experience the destruction of the body of their sins.

To me, this is along the same lines as the scapegoat and Yom Kippur.

This being the case, who then is the "fit man". Well, from what I've read on it, it appears to be whoever was handy, willing, and available to do so, presumably as long as they were members of the Sinaitic covenant, and as long as they were allowed to be within the sanctuary where the high priest ministered. This required them to be dedicated, consecrated, and atoned for, so they would not profane the sanctuary or defile the ritual.

Whoever meets that definition above, under the auspices of the New Covenant, of course, I think, is authorized to immerse.
thank you for your input.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Scripture and verse, please...
Old 02-14-2017, 01:04 PM
On the road less traveled

As far as I know in scripture, there is no specific scripture which says "who" can be the baptizer. We do not know whether it was the deacons, the elders, the disciples, the apostles, the pastors, teachers, evangelizers or prophets who baptized. All we know is that there is no mention of a woman ever doing it, but plenty of references to men who did it. But there is no specific scripture saying who can or can't be the baptizer.
Old 02-14-2017, 02:53 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Baptism is an authoritative act in which sins are remitted and the person is accepted into the congregation. As an authoritative act, it requires a man to perform.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-14-2017, 03:07 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Baptism is an authoritative act in which sins are remitted and the person is accepted into the congregation. As an authoritative act, it requires a man to perform.
Old 02-14-2017, 04:56 PM
On the road less traveled

Quote:
While there is no specific scripture that says exactly that in so many words, being that all the authoritative governmental positions in the NT church were to be held by men, this statement would agree with that premise.