Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-15-2018, 07:21 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Re: The Minority Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
So what do they want?

The passing of a resolution stating that top positions are open to all races.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:22 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
One of the comments in the FB post is about interracial marriage and how a UPCI Pastor refused to officiate the wedding.

I knew a black Pastor (UPCI) in the midwest who refused to officiate marriages for interracial couples. He told my father the reason is because he believed the black community (at that time, back in the early 90s) wouldn't fully accept a bi-racial baby, nor would the white community accept a black spouse.

My father was never asked to officiate for an interracial marriage between black/white spouses. Based on his close friendship with the Pastor mentioned above, I'm not sure he would have. He did officiate for my brother who married a girl from Mexico. He also officiated for a couple in which the man was white and the girl was Korean.
Hey, my wife is Greek American and I'm Sicilian Floridian.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:24 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post

The passing of a resolution stating that top positions are open to all races.
Funny, we are in the lineage of Christ, who cares about eugenics.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Funny, we are in the lineage of Christ, who cares about eugenics.

They want the higher ups to be black. That’s all it is.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:45 PM
Registered Member

Re: Church leaves UPCI part 2

Quote:
"We didn't intend to cause division by putting out a vague accusation against the UPCI of racism...."

Gimme a break. Some people are begging for attention.

The video shows clearly who is the better reader in the marriage. Pretty sure it shows who's wearing the pants as well.

Hint: it isn't the male.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:55 PM
Registered Member

The first video was about "systemic" racism. Funny, they said they don't mean the UPCI is racist as a whole and they know not everyone in the UPCI is racist...but they use the word "systemic" over and over. I'm not sure they know what the word means, because "systemic" relates to the whole of something as opposed to a particular part. So by claiming the UPCI has systemic racism, they're saying as a whole, the UPCI is racist.

But we've also added something else in this new video.

GENDER EQUALITY!!!!

The woman read her bit demanding the UPCI pass a resolution clearly stating that all positions are open to every color and gender.

There is no way a woman will be the General Superintendent of the UPCI. Will. Not. Happen. Take your feminist, liberal, social justice junk and go home. Not happening.

Also, is she saying that a man should be allowed to lead the Ladies ministries or vice versa???

I would even be against a woman Youth President.

Also noticed that organization they claimed to have joined in their first video....now they say they created it.

Hope the man finds his manhood and takes control of his marriage and ministry before she ruins him. I've known and have had experience with enough dominant females to see that woman runs the ministry, not him.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:12 PM

In the 1st video I knew Jezebel was looking at me through her eyes. Imagine a woman presbyter. Nah.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:49 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:

In the 1st video I knew Jezebel was looking at me through her eyes. Imagine a woman presbyter. Nah.

I know that Jezebel is considered a catch all cliche for certain women and its usually describing an attitude or outward appearance...but the real danger is being led to serve other gods and giving place to idolatry...its a unbalanced relationship where the man allows the woman to lead him into error. The problem here...the REAL problem isnt the Jezebel...its the Ahab ALLOWING it to happen.

Christ died for ALL sin ...even the abuses experienced during slave ownership and racial attitudes. Its not THEIR debt that they can wield at will at whites to demand they "pay up".

CHRIST paid ALL our debt....He suffered the punishment of ALL our transgressions and tasted death so we upon receiving that gift of salvation can walk in life that we did not earn through our own efforts.

Our debt was paid...so what right do we have to turn around and grab our fellow servant by the throat and demand "Pay me what you owe me to make up for your "systemic racism" "?

We dont.

What has been done against me...I cannot lay on their charge....because I have been forgiven MY debt...I can no longer be a "bill collector" for debt I do not own...all debt was laid on Him..HE owns the debt now ...and the only thing pleasing in Gods sight to do with debt a fellow servant or anyone for that matter may "owe" me is to forgive that debt.

They should be teaching forgiveness...NOT debt collection...because when you're a debt collector to the wrongs of others after being forgiven a debt that you could never repay on your own, God has every right to reinstute the debt He forgave you of.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:48 AM
Registered Member

jedi - great post.
I never thought about it that way.
Thanks.

Last edited by aegsm76; 10-16-2018 at 08:51 AM.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:05 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
jedi - great post.
I never thought about it that way.
Thanks.

Thank you.

God is doing some things in my life and I am choosing to think differently...doing my best to think as He would have me think not according to traditions or culture whether it be church or political leanings.

Its been pretty trippy but in a good way...Ive had a lot of forgiving to do for legitimate pain...but freedom feels much better than self justification for my excuses as to why I should not obey Him.