Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 06-08-2018, 07:10 AM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Re: SCOTUS Rulings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Where does it end? A medic refusing to do CPR on a gay man because such are worthy of death?
Leave it to Aquila to jump to the highest levels of hyperbole, in order to stretch his "point" until it breaks from reality.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 06-08-2018, 08:28 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
Leave it to Aquila to jump to the highest levels of hyperbole, in order to stretch his "point" until it breaks from reality.
Yep.
Old 06-08-2018, 08:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Yep.
Thing is, what he is talking about wouldn't be that far of a stretch from reality if we did have a Constitution and a system of laws intended to govern a PLURALISTIC society.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:01 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
We choose how to look at things. It's a choice. Don't let anyone tell you how you must view or respond to life. Me personally, I'd sell them the cake. As a Christian baker, I'd strive to make them the best cake ever. An example of Christian craftsmanship. I'd show them love and human to human respect. Yet all the while I was making it, I'd pray that God move in their lives and do what He must to help them change their direction in life. I might even weep for their souls while decorating it. I'd not feel it was a celebration of their lifestyle. I'd see it as my service to the lost. I might even invite them to church.

Jesus was a carpenter. It wouldn't be unimaginable to think that at some point the Romans contracted Him to make crosses.

Remember when being a Christian was more than being political? More than a protest, an outrage, a social agenda? Why do Christian business owners choose to identify their businesses as "Christian"? It used to be to express their desire to serve the community with excellence, tenderness, and grace. Now, it's almost like the business is merely a means to serve self and one's politics. We're actually allowing our politics to become our religion.

If a Muslim or Jewish baker did the same, I'd feel the same. A cake celebrating pork? It's not pork. It's just a cake. They are paying for the expression, they will own it, not the baker. It's not being made as a favor, or on account of the baker's desire in any way. It's business. If a baker doesn't want to make a cake with a swine on it, limit designs, no specialty cakes. If a baker doesn't want to make a cake for a sinful weddings, they can choose not to do any wedding cakes. One can stick to convictions without descrimination.

Where does it end? A medic refusing to do CPR on a gay man because such are worthy of death?

We're a society. We're America. There has to be some measure of common sense and civility, or our society will only continue to fracture until we crumble into civil chaos.
I can agree with the sentiment, just not the idea there should be a law for it.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post
Thing is, what he is talking about wouldn't be that far of a stretch from reality if we did have a Constitution and a system of laws intended to govern a PLURALISTIC society.
It is a stretch, when I'm talking about artistic expression and he jumps straight to homicide.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
It is a stretch, when I'm talking about artistic expression and he jumps straight to homicide.
It can happen and this is why we need a balanced system of laws so that basic human dignity is protected and immoralities committed in the name of religion are stymied.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post
It can happen and this is why we need a balanced system of laws so that basic human dignity is protected and immoralities committed in the name of religion are stymied.
There's already laws against homicide! Why do we need yet more laws? What is with the left and wanting more and more laws, when we already have laws that deal with the problems which often aren't enforced currently anyway?!

You also keep skipping over the hyperbolic jump from artistry to homicide.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
The question was, where does it end?
Old 06-08-2018, 10:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
I only went to the extreme after asking, where does it end?

Where is the line?
Old 06-08-2018, 10:54 AM
Banned

Besides, aren't wedding cakes originally based on a "pagan" practice? LOL